What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Horatio I agree, would be nice to see M2C and others add TC to their offerings. I also agree with @morrjr71 , just not enough volume to justify the effort to make these parts(yet) , hopefully that changes in the future.
TBH, I am surprised at how thin the xtr chassis is too..but then, I haven't had any issues, I don't think I need a $150 chassis plate myself but it would be good for those who might.
I replaced the stock TC springs on my xtr with Arrma exb (heaviest they offer I think). Fit perfectly. I would have bought the TC option springs but was already ordering other parts from Amain, which doesn't sell TC so..

I don't doubt there is room for quality aftermarket parts for Corally vehicles, but a company is not going to tool up for vehicles that don't have a large market share. Here in the US, Traxxas and Arrma are the 800-pound gorillas in the RC market, and Corally has a very small percentage of the market. Corally might have a larger percentage of the market in Europe, but the quantity sold may not be enough to justify the investment in tooling and marketing.
I'm not sure what sort of market share Corally have when it comes to Trucks, but it must be growing quite significantly.

In terms of European vs US markets, Arrma have some years of RTR sales advantage over Corally, but I'd have thought in this day and age of internet sales and global shipping, people are only ever one click away from ordering a M2C chassis for Kronos. In that respect, the European customer could effectively be a US customer just waiting to happen.

Tool up costs are large, but I don't think Corally rigs are going away. On the contrary, their sales are growing. There has to be a point in time fairly soon where Scorched Parts and M2C bite the bullet and tool up. IMO, it won't be much longer.

There are already some aftermarket parts for Corally rigs, but still nowhere near the amount that are available for Arrma.

@Horatio I agree, would be nice to see M2C and others add TC to their offerings. I also agree with @morrjr71 , just not enough volume to justify the effort to make these parts(yet) , hopefully that changes in the future.
TBH, I am surprised at how thin the xtr chassis is too..but then, I haven't had any issues, I don't think I need a $150 chassis plate myself but it would be good for those who might.
I replaced the stock TC springs on my xtr with Arrma exb (heaviest they offer I think). Fit perfectly. I would have bought the TC option springs but was already ordering other parts from Amain, which doesn't sell TC so..
I think the 3mm chassis is fine for general blasting around and jumps <10 foot high. Otherwise, it is sure to bend.

For the way I use mine, mainly on grass etc it's fine. But 6S is crazy powerful for this rig. It's a world away from nitro truggy and buggy which I'm familiar with, yet uses the same kind of chassis. 🤔

I'm in no hurry to add weight to my XTR - I love it's agility compared to other monster truggies.

But if I was to build a jump rig.... at this point in time, I'd be looking at upgrading an EXB. I rock solid M2C chassis for XTR might change that equation though.....

Last edited:
With the cnc machines companies have, such as M2C, isn't it literally just software programming to switch from say an Arrma to TC chassis? Not that tech savy myself, but pretty sure it's as simple as software to do.

With the cnc machines companies have, such as M2C, isn't it literally just software programming to switch from say an Arrma to TC chassis? Not that tech savy myself, but pretty sure it's as simple as software to do.
Basically, yes. However, if you have a line that is flat out keeping up with Arrma chassis output, the addition of a new chassis requires additional machines. That's assuming the manufacturer wants to keep the output of the existing lines at the same level.

Tooling in this context means 'adding new machines, complete with the tools' which is very expensive indeed - industrial, production-capable, 3 and 5 axis CNC machines can be $150,000 - >$500,000 a pop. Ouch. That's a lot of chassis before you get a return.

No wonder the 3mm 7075 Corally XTR chassis are €105 each. 🤣

Prototype Sketer parts testing :cool: @3D-RC.online :love::love::love::love::love:

IMG_5392.jpeg
IMG_5394.jpeg
IMG_5395.jpeg
IMG_5397.jpeg

Let's see if I can break these..!!

I replaced the tires and the "T bar" rear suspension on my new Mini-Z to upgrade the performance. I'm going to be racing at the local RC shop carpet track, and these two items make the stock Mini-Z handle better. I won't be making many more mods as the track has limits on what mods can be run.

I put a 4s battery in my Muraco: I had been running on 6s, but I ran out of room to run and the Muraco never got to full throttle. The 4s allows me to use all of my throttle without having to hold back on the trigger.

Installed a Basherqueen carbon fiber rear shock tower on the Sketer to replace the stocker. Fitment was perfect and felt much more robust than the stock piece.

I didn't work on either my Radix6 or my Muraco: neither of them require any maintenance or upgrades right now. I put better bearings in my Kyosho Mini-Z that I plan to race on a local carpet track when indoor racing season starts. I also started taking apart my Traxxas Maxx that recently hit a wooden mailbox post at high speed and now requires a frontend rebuild. Parts for the Maxx should be in Monday or Tuesday.

7075 is great until it bends - then stays bent. WCF, depending on the layup, will be even stiffer and will even flex to a degree. Past a certain point, it will delaminate and become much weaker afterwards - possibly without the user knowing.

WCF parts are generally lighter and stiffer than alloy parts.

Back