What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put hd pillow blocks, hd shock ends and dual steering stiffener on the new python today thanks to built4speed, Neil is the man, fast and has most stuff on hand!

Did it have the old style weak hubs?
Glad your having fun with your python.
I have the radix6. Same buggy. So fast. Very fast buggy 😎

Did it have the old style weak hubs?
Glad your having fun with your python.
I have the radix6. Same buggy. So fast. Very fast buggy 😎
Yeah it had the weak ones, I've got a radix too but that's been turned into a street basher so the python is getting the hd upgrades so it can hit the sky!

Kissed a tree last weekend jumping some snowbanks..bent the chassis a tad, broke the body in two and the CF chassis brace.. no big deal, still ran, so I bashed on!! Until a cartwheel ended the session..broke the steering rack. Boo!!🤣🤣

Kissed a tree last weekend jumping some snowbanks..bent the chassis a tad, broke the body in two and the CF chassis brace.. no big deal, still ran, so I bashed on!! Until a cartwheel ended the session..broke the steering rack. Boo!!🤣🤣
Do you like the back flip tires better then the stock tires? Curious because I have some but haven't used them on my corally Kronos yet.

Do you like the back flip tires better then the stock tires? Curious because I have some but haven't used them on my corally Kronos yet.
I haven't really used either of them much TBH. I usually run around a clay track during the summer with either backflip LP's or some other truggy sized tires. The traction seems comparable between the TC tires and backflip mt's though. Think the backflip mt's are a bit heavier though, perhaps giving better air control.

Yeah it had the weak ones, I've got a radix too but that's been turned into a street basher so the python is getting the hd upgrades so it can hit the sky!
Installing the HD steering blocks was one of the first upgrades I did to my Radix6, and I followed that up with the dual steering strengthener. I also put the HD steering blocks into my Muraco shortly after it arrived. I haven't installed the steering strengthener in the Muraco yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

Last edited:
Installing the HD steering blocks was one of the first upgrades I did to my Radix6, and I followed that up with the dual steering strengthener. I also put the HD steering blocks into my Muraco shortly after it arrived. I haven't installed the steering strengthener in the Muraco yet, but it's on my list of things to do.
I searched around the net for awhile to see what else may be available for steering rack upgrades, I thought about the CRCU titanium piece, but decided I didn't want to pay that much or wait for it to ship from the UK.
It look's like a nice piece but I do wonder why they copied the stock piece exactly. I would think there's at least a few areas of the steering rack that would allow more material, which would make it even stronger. Weight shouldn't be very relevant since all the TC's are bashers.
I think the TC upgraded pieces will hold up well enough though.

Put a new body on the xtr, I'll keep this one for display purposes, original one looked like it went through a war even though I've probably only put 3 packs through this truck, had to have one but don't really use it

IMG_20230202_133335383.jpg

Fitted some 5mm turn buckles to the steering on the python, now that I've confirmed it works I'll probably upgrade a few more, part numbers in pic for anyone interested, you need the 6048 for the steering balls, I bought both styles because I'm gonna try them as camber links as well but haven't verified that'll work yet

IMG_20230204_131922461.jpg

IMG_20230204_131947377.jpg

Fitted some 5mm turn buckles to the steering on the python, now that I've confirmed it works I'll probably upgrade a few more, part numbers in pic for anyone interested, you need the 6048 for the steering balls, I bought both styles because I'm gonna try them as camber links as well but haven't verified that'll work yet

View attachment 3389

View attachment 3390
Wow!! I was just searching these exact links!! Wasn't sure about the pivot balls though. Downside that hing me up is the 8ight T being discontinued..
Are those pivot balls intended for steer links? Only 5mm rod ends I came up with were for camber links, which I don't think will allow enough movement? Too short.. Goy any profile pics of the pivot ball and rod ends?
Niice and beefy though!!

Wow!! I was just searching these exact links!! Wasn't sure about the pivot balls though. Downside that hing me up is the 8ight T being discontinued..
Are those pivot balls intended for steer links? Only 5mm rod ends I came up with were for camber links, which I don't think will allow enough movement? Too short.. Goy any profile pics of the pivot ball and rod ends?
Niice and beefy though!!
I'm honestly not sure what they were intended for, I originally ordered them for camber links as I tested out the plastic rtr ones for the 8t and they do work just a little long so I figured I'd get the adjustables, and considering I bend and break more steering rods than anything figured I'd test them there first, they fit great, full range of motion although I will say they if you compress the suspension fully to the point the shock bottoms the ends will just slightly graze the square of the ball, highly doubt it'll be an issue though

And actually now that I look harder that's avoidable too, mines just touching but I have the point of the square head of the ball pointing directly at the ball end, if I were to rotate it slightly so the flat side is there it would gain a bit of clearance. Hopefully that makes sense lol

Hopefully that gives an idea, couldn't get it to focus worth a crap and not easy one handed, but that's fully extended both directions

IMG_20230204_151652893.jpg

IMG_20230204_151740489.jpg

Back