What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great day with the Sketer. But broke another plastic brace. So I got an aluminum one but had to drill some holes in the chassis to make it work. Still need to recess screws but it came out good. Feels really sold.
8A1675B6-02BE-41FF-83B2-E58C84CF67BF.jpeg
147A787C-4673-47C2-9728-9B6DA25E274E.jpeg
70872D8A-E679-4680-BF73-A023B55F17B0.jpeg

BB8FE738-0C95-403E-A5D5-C4DBE767A981.jpeg

I put a new receiver into my new Muraco so I could run it with my Radiolink RC6GS V2 transmitter. I had to re-centered the servo arm as it was off center from the factory, and I had to reverse the throttle on my transmitter with the new receiver. This isn't the first time I've had to reverse the throttle when using the RC6GS transmitter.

Last edited:
I pulled out the rear diff to check the fluid level, and it was less than half full. I drained it, put fresh diff fluid in it, and took a quick test drive. It's an improvement over the half-full diff.

I'll wait until another day before I tear down the front diff: I've done a lot of work on my Muraco and my Arrma Kraton 6s in the past two days, and my hands, back, and brain are a bit tired. I'll wait until I'm a bit refreshed so I don't make any stupid mistakes.

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing rc related unfortunately, spent the last 3 days working on my combine, harvest right around the corner for me, probably done with rc till winter

IMG_20220831_100003097_HDR.jpg

I opened up the front diff on my new Muraco, and found that the diff fluid wasn't even covering the top of the bottom sun gear. There wasn't even enough to drain out, so I added thicker fluid and filled the diff to the proper level. Both diffs are now filled the way they should have been from the factory, and they are smooth as glass.

The last up is the center diff.

I installed the front TC 7075 5mm shock tower, the rear TC 7075 5mm shock tower, and the rear CVD driveshafts into my Muraco.

The front and rear TC 7075 chassis braces and the Tekno droop screws arrived today, and I installed them on my Muraco.

I tried to install the NHX motor cooling fan and NHX fan mount that came yesterday, but the mount was made of soft aluminum, and the hole for the clamping screw stripped without me putting much pressure on the screw. (n)I have a new Powerhobby fan mount coming next week for the fan: I've used those on two other 6s vehicles, and they have been great. (y)

Earlier this morning I used a Hobbywing programming card to change the factory settings on the Torox 185 ESC in my new Muraco.
Gotta torox 185 Kuron 825 incoming. Got the card as well. So, on what settings did you put it? Will put the combo on my Sketer on 4s only 💪💪 Tips on program settings are welcome.

Gotta torox 185 Kuron 825 incoming. Got the card as well. So, on what settings did you put it? Will put the combo on my Sketer on 4s only 💪💪 Tips on program settings are welcome.
IIRC, the only changes I made were to increase the drag brake percentage and change the BEC voltage from 6.0V to to 7.4V. I prefer my vehicles to slow down a bit without having to use full brake, and that's why I increased the drag brake. The other factory settings seem to work out well for me.

This morning I pulled the center diff out from my new Muraco to check the fluid level. There was barely any fluid in the diff, so I filled it properly with 100k fluid. I worked on the front and rear diffs previously, so this completes my initial maintenance on the new Muraco. I won't be able to test run the Muraco outside today because it's raining. :(

Last edited:
IIRC, the only changes I made were to increase the drag brake percentage and change the BEC voltage from 6.0V to to 7.4V. I prefer my vehicles to slow down a bit without having to use full brake, and that's why I increased the drag brake. The other factory settings seem to work out well for me.

This morning I pulled the center diff out from my new Muraco to check the fluid level. There was barely any fluid in the diff, so I filled it properly with 100k fluid. I worked on the front and rear diffs previously, so this completes my initial maintenance on the new Muraco. I won't be able to test run the Muraco outside today because it's raining. :(
Voltage 7.4v works nice on my torox 135. Will set it the same on my 185. Where did you put the brake percentage on? I will look in manual what the stock settings are.

Thanks. Want a good setup for my new motor and ESC. Good punch, not so heavy breaking.
Here's the settings on my Muraco, in item number/option format: 1/2; 2/1; 3/3; 4/1; 5/1; 6/1; 7/2; 8/4; 9/1; 10/3; and 11/3.

The changes I made from the factory settings are items 7 and 11. I might up item 8 and item 11 a bit. I sometimes run in a tight area, and I like to be able to have the Muraco slow down and come to a stop quickly.

You might want to set item 10, punch, to option 5, and set item 8, brake force, to option 1 or 2 for better speed and less braking.

Item 5 cannot be changed: it requires a wire harness between the motor and the ESC, which our vehicles don't have.

Last edited:
Here's the settings on my Muraco, in item number/option format: 1/2; 2/1; 3/3; 4/1; 5/1; 6/1; 7/2; 8/4; 9/1; 10/3; and 11/3.

The changes I made from the factory settings are items 7 and 11. I might up item 8 and item 11 a bit. I sometimes run in a tight area, and I like to be able to have the Muraco slow down and come to a stop quickly.

You might want to set item 10, punch, to option 5, and set item 8, brake force, to option 1 or 2 for better speed and less braking.

Item 5 cannot be changed: it requires a wire harness between the motor and the ESC, which our vehicles don't have.
Thanks for the reply will try it out. It is gonna be crazy 💪

Changed all my droop screws in the XTR to titanium ones to save 8 grams.....only kidding....to save damaging the chassis over time. Titanium grade 5 is softer than 7075 and the button heads help spread the load.

Pricey though...
IMG_20220913_135921.jpg

The Powerhobby fan mount arrived a few minutes ago, and I finally got the NHX fan installed on my Muraco.

Muraco fan.jpg

I installed the shock caps from a Sketer on to the front shocks on my Radix6. They add a bit of protection to the shocks and the shock tower in the event of a rollover. The wing protects the rear shocks and shock tower, so I don't see the need for the shock caps on the rear.

Last edited:
I installed TRB RC ceramic bearings on the rear axles for my Muraco. The bearings for the front axles are experiencing a delay in shipping, but they are due to arrive Saturday.

The TRB RC ceramic wheel bearings for the front axles of my Muraco arrived today and I installed them, along with the HD steering blocks that I've been waiting on the bearings to install. All that is left for upgrades to my Muraco are the TC 7075 hinge pin mounts, which are due to arrive Monday.

The TRB RC ceramic wheel bearings for the front axles of my Muraco arrived today and I installed them, along with the HD steering blocks that I've been waiting on the bearings to install. All that is left for upgrades to my Muraco are the TC 7075 hinge pin mounts, which are due to arrive Monday.
They must be nice and free. Are you shooting for a high speed rig?

Back