What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assigned names to each of the eight models on my Radiolink RC6GS transmitter. I feel so dumb: I've had the RC6GS for two years now, and I never knew how to assign names to models until I saw a video on YouTube early this morning.

I no longer have that issue: my eight bashers are now bound to one radio, my five crawlers to another one, my road cars to a third radio, and a drift car and two Mini-Zs to a fourth radio.
I've solved the problem with stickers on the radio, Kronos for my Kronos, Radix for my Radix6 and the Sketer don't have a sticker put on the radio 😉

Few days ago I broke the pin in the cvd of my Kronos. Thought I could fix this myself with a pin I have in my stash. Unfortunately last night the pin broke again so I have now replaced both drive shafts. Still looking for a correct pin (2.5mmX14mm) that fits and is hard enough not to break so quickly, Ali's are not as strong as I hoped....🤣
I already have put the punch back to position 2 to be able to do longer with the drive shafts. Everything also checked whether everything rotates freely in the front axle.

20230515_164527.jpg

Pulled the 8s system out of the kronos and put it in the asuga, the kronos is just too much of a handful with it and you can't use half the power without just flipping over, I absolutely love this system in the radix so we'll see how the asuga gets on with it, just need to order an esc extension wire then I'll get everything tucked in place

IMG_20230530_090354870.jpg

IMG_20230530_100022066.jpg

Pulled the 8s system out of the kronos and put it in the asuga, the kronos is just too much of a handful with it and you can't use half the power without just flipping over, I absolutely love this system in the radix so we'll see how the asuga gets on with it, just need to order an esc extension wire then I'll get everything tucked in place

View attachment 4054
What motor is that in the Asuga??

Started building a battery tray for the asuga, as usual waiting on parts so that's about as far as I can go for now

IMG_20230531_072622305.jpg

Fitted a set of corally shocks/standoffs to my old hyper 7, still gotta do the rear but I'll have to order a set of shocks for that, didn't have a spare set of those in my parts bin

IMG_20230604_084418569.jpg

IMG_20230603_180352324.jpg

Finished the new battery tray in the asuga, dropped it a good 15mm so batteries are no longer pushing up the body, unfortunately my kevlar battery straps didn't show they sent me some carbon shock towers for a limitless instead of my straps, oh well what's another week wait, it's drivable at least

IMG_20230605_135031081.jpg

Got the corally rear shocks in the mail for the hyper 7 so got them installed, so much better than the stock shocks, actually holds the car up, I was hoping for a lot better traction but this thing still spins hard on pavement until it grabs 2nd gear

IMG_20230610_080252600.jpg

Got my son's Typhon all done, bought as a new roller, he already ripped a full pack through it on 4s, ran really well, he's super excited which is awesome considering he was starting to lose interest in the hobby because his 1:10 hsp buggy was breaking everytime he used it, he was due for an upgrade and this thing should hold up great

IMG_20230628_142839202.jpg

IMG_20230628_111846421.jpg

I’m waiting on Corally parts but had an itch today to pull out an old toy and do some upgrades. I really miss these things. I had an old carbon fiber chassis that I never used so I took an old warn out Losi Micro short corse truck and built a truggy on the cf chassis. Used some of the parts I had laying around too. View attachment 962View attachment 963View attachment 964View attachment 965View attachment 966View attachment 967View attachment 968View attachment 969View attachment 970
That looks like a ton of fun!! 👍👌

IMG_20230719_204546.jpg

Somebody brought this back for me from Weston. It needed some TLC. New folding prop, alloy spinner, new G-RX8 receiver/variometer and servos adjusted. It's mint now!

Setting up 7 channels in OpenTX with dynamic mixes for flaps and crow braking was fun.

3S HV Lipos give this glider vertical climbing performance! 😁

Last edited:
Threw the battery tray from the asuga in the python since it's no longer needed in that car and got a new 6s graphene battery for it, hate the color of them but they sure work well.

IMG_20230723_082109703.jpg

Got my son's Typhon all done, bought as a new roller, he already ripped a full pack through it on 4s, ran really well, he's super excited which is awesome considering he was starting to lose interest in the hobby because his 1:10 hsp buggy was breaking everytime he used it, he was due for an upgrade and this thing should hold up great

View attachment 4153

View attachment 4154
That's awesome!! Whether it's Arrma, TC or whatever, 1/8 buggies are tough as nails I find. That should hold his interest for a while. Niiice👌😎

View attachment 4053

View attachment 4054
Interesting.. so 8s is too much for the Kronos but manageable in a narrower and/or shorter wheelbase buggy? Hmm.. I'd have to guess it's more to do with tire size and terrain than the rig itself?
I only run 8s in an Xmaxx so, not saying you're wrong by any means. Just that 6s in a buggy or SWB rig is too much power IMO, whereas in a longer wheelbase truggy, much more manageable.🤷‍♂️🍻

Last edited:
Back