What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too..so I ordered up some .125" kydex on Sunday..wohoo!! Gonna make me a Kaiju front bumper skid/support first thing!! Hoping to get maybe 3 out of a 12 x 12" piece, we'll see.
You'll definitely get 2 out of that sheet, if you're careful you may get 3. I always tape the sheet with painters tape then draw them out, makes it a lot easier when it comes time to cut

You'll definitely get 2 out of that sheet, if you're careful you may get 3. I always tape the sheet with painters tape then draw them out, makes it a lot easier when it comes time to cut
Great idea! I'm glad you called it painters tape instead of masking tape, even though it's pretty much the same, my brain identifies them differently..masking tape? No, don't have any..oh, painters tape? Yup, got some🤔😁🤣🤣

Put losi 5mm camber links with the straight corally ends on both sides of each link on the jambo today, also tossed some hd shock ends on the 8s kronos

IMG_20230217_131558109.jpg

Put losi 5mm camber links with the straight corally ends on both sides of each link on the jambo today, also tossed some hd shock ends on the 8s kronos

View attachment 3480
Nice, I only did one side with 5mm on my xtr so far. I got to thinking, now it's the 3mm screws holding the links in place that are likely the weak points?

Nice, I only did one side with 5mm on my xtr so far. I got to thinking, now it's the 3mm screws holding the links in place that are likely the weak points?
Not gonna lie that's crossed my mind, strengthen a weak spot you can't help but wonder is it going to transfer that shock further down the line?? All I know is I'm tired of breaking ends and bending steering rods/snapping camber rods so I'm willing to find out

Stuffed a max6 combo in the jambo considering I stole it's digitals for the asuga, also got around to shooting some paint of the 8s Kronos, still got some decals to make for it but slowly getting there

IMG_20230304_160546866.jpg

IMG_20230304_160840536.jpg

Getting the electrics installed and wired up in a couple of my rides. Have another E-Revo 2.0 just waiting on an ESC for it..

View attachment 3658
View attachment 3657
Nice! I do like the E-Revo's myself, they handle really well. My brother has 2 of them.
I'm working on converting a Mojave into a Kraton XL and the Kraton will become a Typhon XL..
I can't afford an XRT or Asuga XLR, so, next best options I figure!!😉🤣🤣
The Kraton XL will be powered by a VXL8S/4092 1650kv, and the Typhon XL has Hobao 150a/Surpass 4076 2000kv.. they should scoot pretty good🤷‍♂️😉🍻

Upgraded the steering a bit on the 8s kronos, also added a stiffer servo saver spring and put the heavy shock springs on all 4 corners

IMG_20230315_125533645.jpg

Upgraded the steering a bit on the 8s kronos, also added a stiffer servo saver spring and put the heavy shock springs on all 4 corners

View attachment 3679
On my Radix6, I added the aluminum steering deck. I installed the Xtreme chassis brace on my Muraco, and the brace came with the aluminum steering deck and the upgraded hinge pin system. I installed heavy-duty shock springs all around on my Muraco, but I left the stock springs on the Radix6.

Not a corally for once, decided to dig out my old savage and get it running, it's basically brand new but I haven't ran it in probably 5 years, just had the nitro itch so figured why not

IMG_20230321_120059385.jpg

Tossed a new servo in the radix as well as the heavy lee servo saver spring, factory servo developed some slop and was adding some serious play to the steering.

IMG_20230401_074743975.jpg

Got new tires put on jambo, these were for my savage and I had ordered ones with chrome wheels for this but the backspacing was wrong for savage so had to swap and add 30mm spacers so they fit jambo (much more practical than adding spacers to the savage), looks aggressive, hopefully they hold up

IMG_20230421_174911449.jpg

IMG_20230421_174945927.jpg

This afternoon I received the two CNC aluminum center diff inserts for the motor mount I ordered from Erik van Ravenstein. I installed one of them in my Radix 6, but I still have to install the one in my Muraco. The installation in the Muraco is a bit more complicated due to having to work around the TC Xtreme center chassis brace to get to the center diff.

Edit: pic added.

Muraco aluminum center diff motor mount insert.jpg

Last edited:
It has been raining all day, so it was the perfect time to install the CNC aluminum center diff insert into my Muraco. Pic of the insert is in my post above.

Back