What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome!! Whether it's Arrma, TC or whatever, 1/8 buggies are tough as nails I find. That should hold his interest for a while. Niiice👌😎

Interesting.. so 8s is too much for the Kronos but manageable in a narrower and/or shorter wheelbase buggy? Hmm.. I'd have to guess it's more to do with tire size and terrain than the rig itself?
I only run 8s in an Xmaxx so, not saying you're wrong by any means. Just that 6s in a buggy or SWB rig is too much power IMO, whereas in a longer wheelbase truggy, much more manageable.🤷‍♂️🍻
You're 100% correct, it's all the tires, the big tires just make it wanna backflip at any speed, throttle control wasn't really an option because it was just too reactive even with the esc turned down and a strong curve put in, in the buggys it typically just blows the tires off, far more manageable which is much more fun to me, heck I just dropped my jambo down to 4s because the max6 4985 combo in it was too much on 6s, swb on that thing made it react about the same as the kronos did on 8s, not near as fun having big power but you end up driving slow just to control it, the buggys I can use all the power in and are very enjoyable for where I run.

You're 100% correct, it's all the tires, the big tires just make it wanna backflip at any speed, throttle control wasn't really an option because it was just too reactive even with the esc turned down and a strong curve put in, in the buggys it typically just blows the tires off, far more manageable which is much more fun to me, heck I just dropped my jambo down to 4s because the max6 4985 combo in it was too much on 6s, swb on that thing made it react about the same as the kronos did on 8s, not near as fun having big power but you end up driving slow just to control it, the buggys I can use all the power in and are very enjoyable for where I run.
Makes perfect sense in that scenario. I'm a bit of a one trick pony.. I really only run on my track at home. During the winter I'll rip all around my property though. Which is when my Xmaxx gets most of it's use. It's a great snow basher!!😁😎🍻

Makes perfect sense in that scenario. I'm a bit of a one trick pony.. I really only run on my track at home. During the winter I'll rip all around my property though. Which is when my Xmaxx gets most of it's use. It's a great snow basher!!😁😎🍻
I bet it is! I drove an xmaxx 2 weeks ago, a buddies neighbor has the older 6s version and he let me rip it around a bit, I'll admit it felt pretty darn good, definitely had my gears turning on owning one

I bet it is! I drove an xmaxx 2 weeks ago, a buddies neighbor has the older 6s version and he let me rip it around a bit, I'll admit it felt pretty darn good, definitely had my gears turning on owning one
Similar story here. My brother bought an Xmaxx (8s) about 2 years ago. I was like what?! You paid a "G" for that, you're nuts!! So, he brought it out to the house, I watched him rip it around, not bad.. not paying a G for one though. Then he left it at my house, with batteries and charger. Go ahead, rip it if ya want... I'm like, nah, I'm good.. A day or 2 later, 🤔🤷‍♂️ ah, why not, give it a try..wow, It's pretty awesome I gotta admit. 😁Soo, later that year, wifey says "what ya want for xmas?" "An rc?" No, I got enough rc's.. well, there is one that I want, but it's too much.. "what one?" She says. Xmaxx, but it's too expensive. "Well, I don't know what else to get you, so, either you order it, or I will".. uh, ok.😁 So, I got an Xmaxx for Xmas!! I gotta say, the "X" trucks are TRX's best IMO. My bro has since bought a Maxx(4s) and it too is really good. They defy logic, I thought, plastic basher? Nah, gotta be junk.. no, not at all. They're actually very tough, and fun, and cheap to buy parts for( in general).. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Maxx truck, including the XRT. If you're willing to spend the coin, they're worth it IMO.

"what one?" She says. Xmaxx, but it's too expensive. "Well, I don't know what else to get you, so, either you order it, or I will".. uh, ok.😁 So, I got an Xmaxx for Xmas!!
She's a keeper 😉👍🏼

@KnowAir .. you know most of the RC's I've got, do you think I'd like an Xmax?? I hate Traxxass as a company 🤣🤣 but I've looked at the Xmax and TRX4's for so long..!! The XRT too 😉

She's a keeper 😉👍🏼

@KnowAir .. you know most of the RC's I've got, do you think I'd like an Xmax?? I hate Traxxass as a company 🤣🤣 but I've looked at the Xmax and TRX4's for so long..!! The XRT too 😉
Thanks!! Hell yeah she is!! Know's me better than I do I think,LOL.
As for the Maxx/XRT trucks, if Duperbash and RCDUDE 81 have shown us anything, with a few key upgrades, they're really very tough..
Rich has said in his vids that he tired of replacing ring/pinion gears..can't remember which TRX that was but, I think it applies to all. I run mainly stock, and therefore haven't experienced those problems. They're just so popular, their's an upgrade for damn near anything on them..
The biggest selling point for me with TRX is product life and parts availability, they seem to make parts forever for their models.. may or may not matter to some, but I tend to hold on to stuff for a long time so it's a big plus.

@BashingBrian . Can you get M2C parts in your region? I think the M2C basher bar should be on your list if you decide to buy a TRX.
I was just browsing some of your build logs(refresher).. I think you'd enjoy an 8s TRX. The upgrade possibilities are nearly endless. Just keep in mind that since they're plastic(mostly) the handling will never be as precise as an aluminium chassis rig.

I'd love am XRT in an alternate reality. 😕

Traxass is a no-go for me.

ABT.

Maybe if they can get through the next 5 years without trying to f#@k someone over, I'd consider.

Does buying a 2nd hand one count? 🤔

Or maybe, if I win Kev Talbot's one before he moves to the Isle of Man? 🤣

I feel like..

xT0xejpWvuRV8tDP7G.gif

I'd love am XRT in an alternate reality. 😕

Traxass is a no-go for me.

ABT.

Maybe if they can get through the next 5 years without trying to f#@k someone over, I'd consider.

Does buying a 2nd hand one count? 🤔

Or maybe, if I win Kev Talbot's one before he moves to the Isle of Man? 🤣

I feel like..

View attachment 4314
In the event I ever pull the trigger on an xmaxx it'll definitely be second hand, used roller is what I'd be after.

I get it..TRX is the evil empire in this hobby no doubt.. as to roller vs new, that could easily bite ya right in the arse. TRX fans aren't known to be the most responsible hobbyists😉😂😂🍻

I get it..TRX is the evil empire in this hobby no doubt.. as to roller vs new, that could easily bite ya right in the arse. TRX fans aren't known to be the most responsible hobbyists😉😂😂🍻
I'd normally agree with ya, usually better off with new most of the time but I don't want their electronics is my reasoning, besides you already said replacement parts are cheap lol!

I'd buy new, sell off the electronics, wheels/tires, should get around $400 for those items..unless you can find a brand new roller for less than say $600?
The beauty is TRX fanboys are generally idiots.. they'll gladly pay $100 each for the motor,esc, tires..$50 each for servo and radio..bam!!😎👍🍻

To add, if looking for a quick sale on the above mentioned items, you may net less.. but TRX tires are rubbish, might as well get rid of them while new.. the motor,esc aren't terrible but, since a roller was mentioned..figured I'd throw it out there.
Also, the whole proprietary motor/mount needs to be investigated if one desires to use a "standard" motor. You need an aftermarket mount..

Or, depending on one's geographic, Arrma is blowing out the Outcast 8s rollers for $400 till the 31st of July.. a far better deal no doubt. I can't say what regions are on sale outside the US..

Last edited:
Did a few upgrades to jambo, new graphene battery, new straps, and tossed some high speed fans on the motor as well as one in the esc

IMG_20230805_130408277.jpg

Good to see I'm not the only clean freak! 😝 What do you make of the Graphene lipos?
Yep, I keep all my rcs are pretty clean. I can't speak of longevity for this brand of battery yet as I've only had the first set for about 2 months then I just got this one and a 6s for the python within the last few weeks but I can say internal resistance is very low, on the machine they are very punchy, and the set I've got on my castle setup showed a considerable drop in ripple per the logs, I've been impressed enough with the first set that I ordered these next two anyway, hopefully they last.

Yep, I keep all my rcs are pretty clean. I can't speak of longevity for this brand of battery yet as I've only had the first set for about 2 months then I just got this one and a 6s for the python within the last few weeks but I can say internal resistance is very low, on the machine they are very punchy, and the set I've got on my castle setup showed a considerable drop in ripple per the logs, I've been impressed enough with the first set that I ordered these next two anyway, hopefully they last.
That's good to hear. Having just invested in a new 6S Graphene pack, I was keen to see what people here make of them.

I'm hoping to get some extra mph. I reckon I'll hit 65mph on my XTR on stock gearing and Corally Torox and Kuron.🤞

That's good to hear. Having just invested in a new 6S Graphene pack, I was keen to see what people here make of them.

I'm hoping to get some extra mph. I reckon I'll hit 65mph on my XTR on stock gearing and Corally Torox and Kuron.🤞
There's a good chance you'll see a gain, I'd be lying if I said how much difference there is/was but I did notice less voltage sag on my data logs with the graphene batteries when I first made the switch

been having a few problems with the kronos XTR lately bent the chassis my fault then broke both front bottom a arms on different occasions then broke a top front a arm. been having problems with the shocks bent shafts and broken pistons. also been having problems keeping the hex pins in its only a 2mm grub screw holding the pins in should be 2.5mm really

Back