What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ASUGA XLR, lost hex pin, solved it with 2 layers of shrinktube, fixed a crack in the rear wing.

IMG_20230903_100016.jpg

We are getting rain all day from the tropical storm off the east coast, so it was the perfect time to finally install the CNC 7075 hinge pin mounts from Erik van Ravenstein that I bought for my Muraco several months ago.

1695480360152.png

Can please explain how you stop the hex pin falling out? Any idiots guide please I have watched lots of videos on you tube and they wheels always seem to be falling off in them.
Screenshot_20230924-011440.png

See above - look at the image again - this pin ain't going anywhere!! 😎

I used to do something similar for my CVD pins in 1/10th touring.

cvds.jpg

And it's high time our dog bones get blades, too.

No slop, no premature wear, no changing outdrives. Win, win and more win.

So why don't we already have them?

View attachment 4556

See above - look at the image again - this pin ain't going anywhere!! 😎

I used to do something similar for my CVD pins in 1/10th touring.

View attachment 4557

And it's high time our dog bones get blades, too.

No slop, no premature wear, no changing outdrives. Win, win and more win.

So why don't we already have them?
I check mine after every run

This showed up today so tossed it in my kagama, I'm an advocate for cheap servos and will say when you're used to stock servos and ds 25&35kg servos this thing is absolutely bonkers, it's insanely fast and powerful and best of all it's under $25

Screenshot_20231106-134311.png

This morning I replaced the stock servo with a Powerhobby 729MBL servo that I received yesterday. The stock servo was still functioning OK, but after reading about all the failures, and having money in my Amazon account from a return, I decided to replace it with my all-time favorite servo, the 729MBL. I have at least six of these servos now in both crawlers and bashers, including one in my Muraco.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerhobby-V...fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1

Knocked out the left lower hinge pin and dogbone on my Sketer. I popped them both back into place. Fingers crossed there's no permanent damage to the drive cup.

1700879399602.png

Had a nasty crash off the ramp yesterday. It knocked off a body post. I'm shocked nothing else broke. The Sketer is a tough rig! I reattached the body post and removed the wheelie bar while I was at it.

IMG_20231127_141559075.jpg

I added some Arrma battery pack straps to my Sketer. I ordered another set because I'd like to use the middle slot for a third strap to really hold those suckers in, especially when I run 2x3S packs and go full 6!

I also upgraded from the stock radio/receiver to the Dumbo RC X-6. It was a seamless changeover. The new radio will allow me to dial down the throttle. This will also be helpful when I go full 6S. I'm going to need to build up gradually before I go full rip on that little beast, LOL.

IMG_20231129_154424610.jpg

Those tires look beautiful. Belted? Looking for some street tires myself for my Asuga. Not 2 heavy.
The Sweep Crusher tyres are belted. They're not that heavy and are easy to balance due to the way they're produced.

I got the slick version for my XTR and so far, they seem very good. 👍
PXL_20231121_230517212.jpg

PXL_20231201_155727904~2.jpg

I'll up a video soon of just how good these are. Very progressive tyres as they start to let go, even in the sub-zero temps I ran them in.
PXL_20231121_141305988.jpg

Hope this helps. 👍

Those tires look beautiful. Belted? Looking for some street tires myself for my Asuga. Not 2 heavy.
I’ve been running the terrain crusher belted on the Kagama while testing things over at the soccer fields and I’ve been really impressed. They seem to be holding up fairly well too. I would take them to a skate park but I bet they would be pretty mean on an Asuga.

The Sweep Crusher tyres are belted. They're not that heavy and are easy to balance due to the way they're produced.

I got the slick version for my XTR and so far, they seem very good. 👍View attachment 5243
View attachment 5244
I'll up a video soon of just how good these are. Very progressive tyres as they start to let go, even in the sub-zero temps I ran them in.
View attachment 5245
Hope this helps. 👍
Thanks. Helps a lot.

Back