What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the idea of 5mm turnbuckles for the steering too.. I saw a vid on YT from East Tactics where he put 5mm links on an Arrma 6s. What I didn't care for was that he used the 4mm stock rod ends drilled out for the 5mm link. There's a significant difference between 4mm and 5mm rod end OD. I don't think he gained much..maybe weaker since he removed material from the rod end?
I was working on using spare rear camber links I have for the kronos as steer links but couldn't come up with appropriate pivot balls, the ones for the camber links aren't tall enough to get proper "swivel" for a steer link?

Today i installed telemetry on my Radix 6 (voltage-sensor on main battery, and temperature-sensor on motor), so now i get real-time data on the screen of my Noble Pro transmitter. Love it! :love: The voltage also is synced with the RX battery-indicator at the top of the screen.

IMG_3964.JPG

IMG_3966.JPG

IMG_3967.JPG

Niice!!👌 What did you use for material? Look just like the Tbone bumpers, nice job!!
I use 1/8" kydex, pretty cheap, usually get 3 sheets of 12x12 for around $20-25, one sheet will make 2 bumpers plus leave you with decent scraps for other projects

I use 1/8" kydex, pretty cheap, usually get 3 sheets of 12x12 for around $20-25, one sheet will make 2 bumpers plus leave you with decent scraps for other projects
Sweet thanks! I've had some kydex in a cart at Amazon for like 2 months..been itching to make some bumpers and skid plates for a while now..

I installed both the front and rear bumper with skid plate from the Kronos/Jambo on my Muraco. They should give me more protection, especially to the bottom of the chassis.

Muraco skid plates.jpg

Last edited:
Put a set of the 5mm losi turnbuckles on for steering arms on the 8s kronos just like I did on the python, according to tracking the set I have ordered for jambo will be here Monday so it'll get them as well, not bothering with the radix cause it's a road car and I won't do the xtr either cause I rarely drive that truck

Put a set of the 5mm losi turnbuckles on for steering arms on the 8s kronos just like I did on the python, according to tracking the set I have ordered for jambo will be here Monday so it'll get them as well, not bothering with the radix cause it's a road car and I won't do the xtr either cause I rarely drive that truck
Perhaps it's time for me too..I just broke the last spare 4mm I had..5mm, here I come!!

Perhaps it's time for me too..I just broke the last spare 4mm I had..5mm, here I come!!
Ooo, good on ya, they definitely look the part, thicker everywhere plus straight ends instead of curved in on the outside so I'd say they gotta be stronger, but I haven't given an abuse test yet so who knows, surely can't be worse lol

Put straight ends on the outside of the camber links, no clearance issues at all, I could be off on this but in my mind the curved ones just introduce an easier spot for it to bend, in my experience whenever I snap one of these rods it's always right at that end, right or wrong I can't say but worth trying out

IMG_20230211_132922641.jpg

So, I replaced the side I broke yesterday with a rear camber link, Thunder Tiger rod ends and stock pivot balls. I shaved the Thunder Tiger rod ends down with a grinder so they can actually pivot on the balls..
Also, dual rack now installed👌😎

16762244045336953481530480829223.jpg

16762244440157864056596402004125.jpg

So, I replaced the side I broke yesterday with a rear camber link, Thunder Tiger rod ends and stock pivot balls. I shaved the Thunder Tiger rod ends down with a grinder so they can actually pivot on the balls..
Also, dual rack now installed👌😎

View attachment 3463

View attachment 3464
Very nice, should work great!

Built a stand off protector for python, normally I shoot these straight forward cause I have a body covering it but the buggy is exposed so I rolled it down so it wouldn't dig in the ground on a bad landing

Attachments

• IMG_20230212_121413038.jpg
    IMG_20230212_121413038.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 56
Very nice, should work great!

Built a stand off protector for python, normally I shoot these straight forward cause I have a body covering it but the buggy is exposed so I rolled it down so it wouldn't dig in the ground on a bad landing
I don't care for the look of the TC shock protectors but, might be worth it for the buggy?
I used rod ends I didn't care about as a test. Now that I see the fit, might have to switch out to some longer ones, figure more engagement between the turnbuckle and rod end will be better. I have a plethora of 5mm rod ends.

I don't care for the look of the TC shock protectors but, might be worth it for the buggy?
I used rod ends I didn't care about as a test. Now that I see the fit, might have to switch out to some longer ones, figure more engagement between the turnbuckle and rod end will be better. I have a plethora of 5mm rod ends.
Yeah I modified a set of arrma shock protectors for the radix, still have the other 2 and was debating doing it on the python too.
The losi ends thread in really far on the rods, downer is you gotta buy the 8.8mm balls for them which is another $10-12 so costs about $25 per rig to do that upgrade, not terrible but adds up when you got multiples, I'm sure you'll find a fit, when you do report back, always nice to know options.

You talked me into it

IMG_20230212_143446196.jpg

Back