What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sweep Crusher tyres are belted. They're not that heavy and are easy to balance due to the way they're produced.

I got the slick version for my XTR and so far, they seem very good. 👍View attachment 5243
View attachment 5244
I'll up a video soon of just how good these are. Very progressive tyres as they start to let go, even in the sub-zero temps I ran them in.
View attachment 5245
Hope this helps. 👍
You've got some rough asphalt there! I run mostly on the street in front of my house, which was re-topped just before I moved in 2 1/2 years ago. There's little traffic and it's very smooth. There is an Amish farm at the end of the road, so we occasionally get horses and buggies (the white marks on the shoulder are from horseshoes).

Asher Rd.jpg

You've got some rough asphalt there! I run mostly on the street in front of my house, which was re-topped just before I moved in 2 1/2 years ago. There's little traffic and it's very smooth. There is an Amish farm at the end of the road, so we occasionally get horses and buggies (the white marks on the shoulder are from horseshoes).

View attachment 5251
That's super smooth!🤩

The area I run at for speed runs is used by the public, but it's a private access, not a highway, and I have permission (I had verbal confirmation from the owners). This way, I'm not breaking any laws or jeopardizing my job! 😅

Interestingly, it runs adjacent to a dual carriageway where the cars are traveling at over 70mph - you can guage how fast my rigs are in relation to the traffic.

I can't wait to test the T2E on the sweeps, using the 1515 2200KV motor on 6S. It's going to be insanely fast. Likely >100 mph.

I'm going to put a video together of my last run with the sweeps on the XTR. I really like them.

They are smaller diameter than my Jetkos and much lighter, so I have to gear up considerably to get to the same rollout.

The rocket motor is a decent, torque motor which trades speed for lower temps. It needs higher gearing for speed, but it's got great potential for a decent 0-60mph motor. 4200 watts (allegedly). In the warmer weather, we'll find out what it can do. 🤞

In the meantime, here's a video of my Baja 5B SS on it's original engine hitting 48mph. 😅

What did I do today? Well, unfortunately not much,…………Mother Nature apparently had other plans. ❄️☃️

IMG_3075.jpeg

IMG_3069.jpeg

IMG_3076.jpeg

I nice 7” of white, fluffy, snowing hell this morning. Yeah. 😔

What did I do today? Well, unfortunately not much,…………Mother Nature apparently had other plans. ❄️☃️

View attachment 5268

View attachment 5269

View attachment 5270

I nice 7” of white, fluffy, snowing hell this morning. Yeah. 😔
Sorry to hear.. also sorry the storm that was supposed to drop 8-12" on us Monday night went off course! LOL I love snow bashing, it's the only time I really "send" my rigs in the air. Of course 8-12" is too much for rc's but, that's why I have a 1:1 truck with a plow and 2 snowblowers.. for rc bashing preparedness!!😁🤣👍

The snow doesn’t normally bother me, it’s just the strangeness of this winters weather I guess. I’m in freakin MN, we know all about winter. Usually we are white and below freezing from late Oct to late March. We had a little more than 7” last night bringing our yearly total to a whopping 14”. We average 51”+ per year. It was damn near 60F last week, they were contemplating opening up golf courses. I haven’t seen snow on the ground here since before Christmas. I just want the weather to start following a logic pattern again so I can plan accordingly. Warm/cold doesn’t bother me, just the weird changes lately. Also, I’m starting to get a little worried about agricultural impact. Lots of places that “grow” our food in the US this year had frighteningly dry winters. We all think groceries are expensive now, just wait.

The snow doesn’t normally bother me, it’s just the strangeness of this winters weather I guess. I’m in freakin MN, we know all about winter. Usually we are white and below freezing from late Oct to late March. We had a little more than 7” last night bringing our yearly total to a whopping 14”. We average 51”+ per year. It was damn near 60F last week, they were contemplating opening up golf courses. I haven’t seen snow on the ground here since before Christmas. I just want the weather to start following a logic pattern again so I can plan accordingly. Warm/cold doesn’t bother me, just the weird changes lately. Also, I’m starting to get a little worried about agricultural impact. Lots of places that “grow” our food in the US this year had frighteningly dry winters. We all think groceries are expensive now, just wait.
I hear that! We are roughly the same with regards to weather here..waay off course! The lakes didn't freeze solid last year or this year. No frost in the ground.. really is scary. Apples are a big export item for NY. Last year many orchards had NO apples due to an early spring and then a very late frost and snowfall.. this year is looking very similar thus far. As if the economy isn't bad enough..

Last edited:
I'm one of those that "grow" our food and the dryness is definitely an issue, but so is the high input costs and the low value of said commodity come time to sell, I ran some numbers the other day and at a mere $300/acre rent at current prices it takes 275-290 bushel/acre of corn to break even which is anything but common to see bushels like that, thankfully I own 90% of my farm so I can cut out the rent aspect but it's only a matter of time before it's not feasible to produce at these prices, then we're really gonna starve, scary stuff!

I hear that! We are roughly the same with regards to weather here..waay off course! The lakes didn't freeze solid last year or this year. No frost in the ground.. really is scary. Apples are a big export item for NY. Last year many orchards had NO apples due to an early spring and then a very late frost and snowfall.. this year is looking very similar thus far. As if the economy isn't bad enough..
😂 🤣🤣🤣
This may be the first winter that I will make it though without having to explain ice fishing to someone. I don’t think I’ve seen a fish house out all winter here. Really weird.

😂 🤣🤣🤣
This may be the first winter that I will make it though without having to explain ice fishing to someone. I don’t think I’ve seen a fish house out all winter here. Really weird.
Right? LOL. Snowmobiling is one of the only things that keeps many businesses open through the winter in my region, along with ice fishing, ice exhibits, lake carnivals.. all hurting last and this year. I have a small lake right out in front of my home, usually there's quite a few shanties out there, kids on dirt bikes with studded tires..heck, we even have legit ice racing in cars every year. Not last year, or this.. nothing.

See here.. I don't think they did much last year, nothing so far this year. It's a pretty cool event to watch.
https://icerace.com/

Right? LOL. Snowmobiling is one of the only things that keeps many businesses open through the winter in my region, along with ice fishing, ice exhibits, lake carnivals.. all hurting last and this year. I have a small lake right out in front of my home, usually there's quite a few shanties out there, kids on dirt bikes with studded tires..heck, we even have legit ice racing in cars every year. Not last year, or this.. nothing.

See here.. I don't think they did much last year, nothing so far this year. It's a pretty cool event to watch.
https://icerace.com/
That looks fun!

We do some frozen lake golf tournaments and there are usually a ton of ice houses, atv’s and snowmobiles running around but the last few years have been bleak. I’ve got an Adrenaline 800r that hasn’t seen snow in 4-5 years now. We still make one trip to Colorado or Montana yearly but those are mountain sleds, totally different ball game. We’ve got hundreds if not thousands of trails that are usually well maintained throughout the state and into Wi, Mi, etc. Unfortunately no snow, no use, no business. Don’t get me wrong, the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro is fine, but get 30-40 minutes outside the suburbs in almost any direction and you start to see the pain.

I really feel for the small business and resort owners up north from me, they are getting slaughtered and it’s a shame. It wasn’t like Covid didn’t do a good enough job of kicking everyone in the nuts to begin with, but how can they recover with weather and no business.

😂 🤣🤣🤣
Erm...... what's Ice fishing? Is that where you look for fish fingers at the bottom of a chest freezer? 🤣😅

Ice houses come in all shapes and sizes, some are quite nice with tv/radio/wifi, etc. 6 months of cold year after year will definitely innovation, well in certain areas anyway.

IMG_3086.jpeg

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3088.jpeg

IMG_3089.jpeg

I see mostly the mobile houses in the metro but outside the metro they seem to be more “stationary”

Attachments

• IMG_3091.jpeg
    IMG_3091.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 25
Erm...... what's Ice fishing? Is that where you look for fish fingers at the bottom of a chest freezer? 🤣😅
It is this year!!🤣🤣

Ice houses come in all shapes and sizes, some are quite nice with tv/radio/wifi, etc. 6 months of cold year after year will definitely innovation, well in certain areas anyway.

View attachment 5272

View attachment 5273

View attachment 5274

View attachment 5275

I see mostly the mobile houses in the metro but outside the metro they seem to be more “stationary”
Jeez, the fish don't even have to bite with that many hooks in the water, just swimming around will get them hooked! 🤣

Today,……..I smiled!! 😃😃😃

IMG_3097.jpeg

My wife sent me a picture of what the post office left for me!

Then when I arrived home,…………I smiled even more! 😃😃😃😃😃

IMG_3099.jpeg

🤗

Now I just need a day or two free to actually build it.

I replaced the stock 13T pinion that came with my new Asuga roller with a Tekno 16T pinion with M5 grub screw. According to the Asuga manual, the 16T should give me 47 MPH on 4s and 70 MPH on 6s. The motor mount is at near capacity with the 16T pinion and 52T spur, and that's why Corally doesn't recommend that combination in the manual.

Back