Sketer Money Pit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 180 meters. Should be plenty. They say my Dumborc should do over 500 meters. I don't need that but would be nice. Had some range issues in the beginning with stock corally transmitter/receiver.

Last edited:
Seems like my situation. It’ll be a month or so before I get a chance to use mine as well. There’s still a few parts I need to get while I have the Skeeter apart.

I watched a few videos on the smaller receiver and it went a tad past 200 yards which is more than enough for my needs.
Didn't know that the biggest place I go is a field little bigger then a football field. So.i should be good aswell. I like seeing the battery voltage on the display. (Battery voltage for nitro truck hump pack). Very handy. Wonder if it will display esc voltage aswell? I have not tried it in my kronos yet

Mail call.

Radio parts.
- Yeah Racing NB4 Aluminum Protector: YA-0711BK

A6A2FCD1-3046-4B04-8611-96D3E745B41E.jpeg

43D2D9F4-ED4A-4442-BD64-72C6CAAD634D.jpeg

I’ve been reading a bit on the do and don’t when it comes to battery charging, storing etc. while waiting on more parts to arrive. Lots of good info here in the forum. Looking at a Bat-Safe box now.

Been anxious to tinker so last night I updated the NB4 and bound the receiver to test for function. I knew something wasn’t quite right a while back when I installed the Robinson 15T pinion and set mesh but was really unsure as to what because I’m new to this. Well after verifying throttle it sounded horrible (screaming) and noticed a tad bit of wear on the gear and metal dust in the center chassis area. Took it apart and reset mesh then gave it a go and still extremely loud and not right. So…. Me being me I went full sent on the throttle to see what would give. Lo and behold sparks and metal went just a flyin! Afterwards, I took the center diff and pinion housing off and thus is the results.

C2C9128E-3CF2-4B72-8686-EE55E3811A42.jpeg

After cleaning up all the mess and reading a bit, I found it was the wrong mod pinion. Who knew? Another thing I noticed was a bit of forward and aft movement form the center diff in its home between the mounts. I figured it was normal but ordered diff shims anyway only to find out they normally only apply to the front and rear diffs. So after reading some more I came across this thread from @BashingBrian https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/corally-center-diff-differences.220/
And decided to go ahead and buy Corallys 7075 Diff and pins as well as their correct 15T pinion.

With that being said… There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 7075 Diff housing I purchased from Eric van, I just noticed that Corally offered and recommended different pins for their housing and while I was ordering a pinion I figured I’d save on shipping and purchased all three. Shipping’s not cheap buying directly from Corally.

And that’s where I’m at now. Decided I give an update while sitting here waiting on batteries to hit the storage range.

Last edited:
Price wise they're not that bad. This is one of the only places I found them in stock that took PayPal. Straight from Hong Kong. And to be honest, the shipping time wasn't terrible.

https://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-aluminum-protector-frame-for-flysky-nb4-pro-ya-0711bk-00120577
That's a good deal: I expected it to cost more. I might have to purchase one myself.

I placed an order with RC Mart for Yokomo steering knuckles for my drift car. All the stateside US shops were out of stock, and RC Mart was the only place I could find them. Hopefully the parts will arrive this coming week.

That's a good deal: I expected it to cost more. I might have to purchase one myself.

I placed an order with RC Mart for Yokomo steering knuckles for my drift car. All the stateside US shops were out of stock, and RC Mart was the only place I could find them. Hopefully the parts will arrive this coming week.
Yea, you shouldn’t have a problem with them. As of how long it took to arrive I can’t be precise. I’d say under two weeks though. I guess with anything crossing the border, customs has their role to play.

Mail call.

Corally Parts.
- Extreme Basher Battery Straps 250 X 20mm: C-50530
- Extreme Basher Battery Straps 300 x 20mm: C-50535
- 7075 Chassis Brace Holder, Front: C-00180-827
- 7075 Chassis Brace Holder, Rear: C-00180-828

Tools.
- TLR Turnbuckle Wrench: TLR99102

51350F69-E75E-4451-9DA4-EDDF7548FACD.jpeg

DD5EE398-1328-44B6-9861-4B5F8AB2098D.jpeg

Mail call.

Corally Parts.

Tools.

View attachment 3662
View attachment 3663
Nice
Mail call.

Corally Parts.

Tools.

View attachment 3662
View attachment 3663
I like that turnbuckle wrench. I'm to cheap to buy one though. Lol

Mail Call.

Corally Parts.
- 7075 Xtreme Center Diff Case: C-00180-411
- Diff Gear Pins: C-00180-184
- M1.0 15T Pinion: C-72715
- Aluminum Lower Shock Cap: C-00180-316
- Heavy Duty Steering Link: C-00180-555
- Steering Ball Joint Set: C-00180-039
- Front Lower Suspension Arm: C-00180-012 (X2)

J&T Parts.
- 17mm Wheel Nuts: JT10738-R

TQ Harnesses
- 4S Balance Extension: TQ2206 (X2)

Storage/Charging.
- Bat-Safe sz Med (X2)

image_50461185 (1).JPG

image_50413569.JPG

I’ve been reading a bit on the do and don’t when it comes to battery charging, storing etc. while waiting on more parts to arrive. Lots of good info here in the forum. Looking at a Bat-Safe box now.

Been anxious to tinker so last night I updated the NB4 and bound the receiver to test for function. I knew something wasn’t quite right a while back when I installed the Robinson 15T pinion and set mesh but was really unsure as to what because I’m new to this. Well after verifying throttle it sounded horrible (screaming) and noticed a tad bit of wear on the gear and metal dust in the center chassis area. Took it apart and reset mesh then gave it a go and still extremely loud and not right. So…. Me being me I went full sent on the throttle to see what would give. Lo and behold sparks and metal went just a flyin! Afterwards, I took the center diff and pinion housing off and thus is the results.

View attachment 3637

After cleaning up all the mess and reading a bit, I found it was the wrong mod pinion. Who knew? Another thing I noticed was a bit of forward and aft movement form the center diff in its home between the mounts. I figured it was normal but ordered diff shims anyway only to find out they normally only apply to the front and rear diffs. So after reading some more I came across this thread from @BashingBrian https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/corally-center-diff-differences.220/
And decided to go ahead and buy Corallys 7075 Diff and pins as well as their correct 15T pinion.

With that being said… There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 7075 Diff housing I purchased from Eric van, I just noticed that Corally offered and recommended different pins for their housing and while I was ordering a pinion I figured I’d save on shipping and purchased all three. Shipping’s not cheap buying directly from Corally.

And that’s where I’m at now. Decided I give an update while sitting here waiting on batteries to hit the storage range.
Update: Installed the correct 15T pinion from Corally, swapped out the center diff again with their 7075 unit and designated pins, reprogrammed ESC using hobby wing card and it now functions & sounds as it should. I’m just waiting on my 2nd order from Eric van so I can put it all together. Oh.. also waiting on POS big bumper to arrive. Then I can hopefully enjoy it.

Last edited:
Mail Call.

Erik van Ravenstein Parts.
- Front 7075 Diff
- Rear 7075 Diff
- 7075 Suspension Arm Mounts (all 4)
- 7075 Pivot Ball Steering Blocks
- Tool

28EC6F98-C849-4A7F-AB44-FA120D01C3FF.jpeg

Yeah man!! This thing sure is sweet! I can appreciate all the upgrades for sure.
Money pit is fitting, more in a Sketer that hasn't been run yet than "any" of my 6s rigs!!😮🤔🍻
For the record, I'm a low budget baller though!!😉😎😁
Nice work, and work area!!

Back