Sketer Money Pit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see this Bad Larry of a Sketer complete!
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

I’ll definitely get it together tonight. Don’t know about running it until this weekend. I did however get my charging station cabinet built. Still don’t have it the way I want, but, yea… Hopefully run a pack or two through it in the yard in a few days.

I’ll definitely get it together tonight. Don’t know about running it until this weekend. I did however get my charging station cabinet built. Still don’t have it the way I want, but, yea… Hopefully run a pack or two through it in the yard in a few days.
Hope you will like it. Tried a pack yesterday in my garden, still rocks 💪

Damn that is sexy... I'd say do an aluminum front chassis brace. and I'm wondering if you need to turn around does it take an entire parking lot? No but really she is a piece of fine art work, nice going.
Thanks bud. I appreciate you checking it out. I enjoy building things. I’m trying to figure out what is next in line. I need one road basher and a FPV drone to wrap up my RC bug.

Took it out yesterday and ran a pack through it. I can’t even handle/control this thing yet, got to take it slow. Super quick/fast and the turning radius is awesome.

Two notes:

- the 17mm axle hubs are a sloppy fit and there is to much play on all 4 wheels, thinking about getting a set of tekno hubs and axle shims.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...DJs9SNYOamt8_-tllCZnbNQP19VpxIiRoCbXQQAvD_BwE

- it will not track straight. The front left toe is inward more than the right. It has HD non adjustable steering arms so I know that’s not the issue. Would I need to adjust the servo arm to servo saver arm that attaches to the Ackerman bar to correct this? I’m thinking so, just need to make sure.

Last edited:
I’ve taken it out a couple of times and gave it a good trashing on concrete and turf.

I could never get it to track straight due to the servo being sloppy out of the box. Today it burnt up and quit working. Can’t believe it didn’t last 3 packs!

Below is everything needing replaced thus far beside the rear roll bar which I removed. I find it a stupid design and really don’t need it with the 325 center diff fluid. I can pretty much control it and keep it on the ground.

I need a large field for this thing. It covers ground extremely fast.

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_1993.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg

Wow dude, thats strange. I have almost the same setup except the alu wheel hubs and i have a Kuron 825 combo but never had anything like that happen before. Only thing i think is that the Sketer is a heavy truck and it gets hot quick. I lowered the punch level. Hope you can fix/upgrade the broken parts and can Bash on 💪

Haven’t touched this thing since I last posted in April.

I decided to go online and order a bunch of parts to upgrade and get it back going. There is one more big change I decided to make to it, so hopefully I can finally enjoy this thing.

Guess I missed the post about the servo giving out on ya. I can't recommend TC servos based on 3 failures here in my lineup. Maybe it's just the rtr servos, IDK but I have a hard time ponying up what TC gets for servos with such a bad taste in my mouth from the rtr experience. Nah, there's no shortage of decent servos on amazon, ebay, and AliEx at a much lower price..🤷‍♂️

Guess I missed the post about the servo giving out on ya. I can't recommend TC servos based on 3 failures here in my lineup. Maybe it's just the rtr servos, IDK but I have a hard time ponying up what TC gets for servos with such a bad taste in my mouth from the rtr experience. Nah, there's no shortage of decent servos on amazon, ebay, and AliEx at a much lower price..🤷‍♂️
Dang! 3 failures.. SMH. I bought this one and I really hope it does the job.

IMG_3273.jpeg

I also bought All Kronos Arms as well as everything needed to make it even wider.

In the beginning I didn’t know what kind of driving I would do but now I want it wider for more stability for less roll over, especially on asphalt or concrete.

Dang! 3 failures.. SMH. I bought this one and I really hope it does the job.

View attachment 4593

I also bought All Kronos Arms as well as everything needed to make it even wider.

In the beginning I didn’t know what kind of driving I would do but now I want it wider for more stability for less roll over, especially on asphalt or concrete.
I hope it does great by you, like I said, maybe it's just the rtr servo not sure. Maybe it's me?🤔🤷‍♂️🤣

Back