Sketer Money Pit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet. Gonna look same as mine i think 😉
The guts will be very similar. I stole a lot from your build.

Just want to upgrade as much as possible. Looking at body options now.

I really like the VW bug look but also found a hummer that I might want to try. Still undecided.

Have a few more things coming so I have time to research and decide.

The guts will be very similar. I stole a lot from your build.

Just want to upgrade as much as possible. Looking at body options now.

I really like the VW bug look but also found a hummer that I might want to try. Still undecided.

Have a few more things coming so I have time to research and decide.
In the end the upgrades will cost more then the car. But thats the hobby. Glad i could be of assistance with my Sketer threat 👍

Mail Call

Batteries.
- RedLine HV 6000mAh 130C 15.2V 4S (X2)

Tools.
- DDIRC Pro 17mm Wheel Hex Sleeve Wrench

Parts.
- Screen Protector Bevel Upgrade for FlySky Noble
- Battery Protector Sleeve w/ belt clip for FlySky Noble NB4

I'm close to having everything here needed to fully modify the Skeeter. I'm only lacking the Parts coming from Erik van Ravenstein and 3 more items.

image_50414337.JPG

image_50348545.JPG

image_50388225.JPG

I'm Also 95% finished with my RC work space.

image_50461185.JPG

Last edited:
I wonder what bodies would fit. IMO the bug body never should have been thought of:LOL:. I know the Big Rock Crew Cab body fits. A Youtuber "I forget who" put it on and I actually looked pretty cool. I have a BRCC already and want something different. I wonder if a 4s Kraton or Outcast body would fit :unsure:? I like the Proline Brute body too, but not sure how it would fit or look w/o a wing. Can the Sketer support a wing I wonder...

I wonder what bodies would fit. IMO the bug body never should have been thought of:LOL:. I know the Big Rock Crew Cab body fits. A Youtuber "I forget who" put it on and I actually looked pretty cool. I have a BRCC already and want something different. I wonder if a 4s Kraton or Outcast body would fit :unsure:? I like the Proline Brute body too, but not sure how it would fit or look w/o a wing. Can the Sketer support a wing I wonder...

After looking at the bug body it’s a no go for me as well. I don’t like the moulded motor look in the rear. I’ve heard through the grapevine that pretty much all proline 1/10 will work. But, to be honest, the Skeeter body is kind of growing on me. I know I’ll need a body sooner or later but I’ll cross that road when I need to. For now I just want to get it going and tweak/tune as necessary.

Ya, I still have the original Sketer body still. My only issue is that from a distance, if I spin out or flip and land wheels down I occasionally cant tell the front from the back. Maybe I need new glasses :D .

Ya, I still have the original Sketer body still. My only issue is that from a distance, if I spin out or flip and land wheels down I occasionally cant tell the front from the back. Maybe I need new glasses :D .

🥸 I can see that being a problem. My eye sight’s definitely not what it was ten years ago.

Mail Call.

Erik van Ravenstein Parts.
- Gearcover
- Acerman set
- Motor Mount Insert
- Bulkhead
- Center Diff Housing

image_67179009.JPG

I can now dig in and install all at once. Everything is accounted for aside from the Noble NB4 receiver and Noble NB4 aluminum screen protector.

Finally dug into the Skeeter last night and I have to say, I enjoyed tinkering on it quite a bit. I've decided while its apart I'm going to upgrade more with the rest of the parts Erik van Ravenstein offers, so now I'm kind of sorta at a standstill until they arrive. In the mean time I'm going to install the 15T pinion & set mesh, install all the center section pieces and decide on Diff Fluid weights.

I need some opinions if you all would be so kind to chime in on Diff Fluid weights for my setup. The Skeeter will be used primarily on grass to rip around but I'm also planning to build a ramp for jumps and flips on grass as well. I wont be running the stock tires at all, instead I have a set of 1/8 Sweeps AT tires which are bigger than stock and plan on purchasing a set of wheels and tires for stunts which should be around the same circumference as the sweeps, just more tire meat. I've searched and searched and everyone has slightly different set ups. I was thinking a possible sweet spot might be what @BashingBrian Recommended, somewhere around 50k/300k/20k? I think I recall @razorrc is running 20k/275k/20k if memory serves correct. Maybe 30k/250k/20k for my build. Please let me know what you all recommend.

image_50429441.JPG

Last edited:
I use 40/300/20 on both my Radix and my Muraco. I don't jump my RC vehicles much: I do a lot of fast driving on dirt and grass, and this combination of diff fluid seems to work for me.

I use 40/300/20 on both my Radix and my Muraco. I don't jump my RC vehicles much: I do a lot of fast driving on dirt and grass, and this combination of diff fluid seems to work for me.
Thanks for the reply. It seems yourself along with everyone else leaves the rear housing thin/stock.

Got a little more done tonight. Decided on 375k center diff to start out with. I was over thinking it and just needed a decent starting point. I haven’t piloted an RC car in Decades so I won’t really know the difference to begin with. It’s definitely going to be a fun learning curve in the beginning just getting use to it. To be honest, thus far I just enjoy tearing it apart and building it back.

80584FBA-BC21-4DB0-BD16-6A5807A85B9A.jpeg

38FDAAD4-9DFF-4C40-8CEF-360C74ED7931.jpeg

B15B8BB7-5D16-431B-80DF-104C575BD23D.jpeg

7C31A078-4A5D-4B2C-924C-9F9DE9F2683C.jpeg

A little progress. I modified the receiver box in two places, mounted the FlySky fgr4s and added the dual fan Y-harness. Nice and neat.

BC7AC03E-1DCD-4E19-8662-E3694B2C3EEC.jpeg

I got one a month ago. Haven't been able to use it yet. But it seems very very nice
Seems like my situation. It’ll be a month or so before I get a chance to use mine as well. There’s still a few parts I need to get while I have the Skeeter apart.

I watched a few videos on the smaller receiver and it went a tad past 200 yards which is more than enough for my needs.

Back