What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some research on the Torox 185 ESC and the servo in my two-day-old Radix, and I found that the stock servo is capable of operating at 7.4V. I used a Hobbywing programming card to change the BEC voltage from 6.0V to 7.4V, which made the servo noticeably quicker and increased the torque a bit.

This is the first factory-installed servo in an RTR RC vehicle that I haven't felt the need to upgrade immediately. Corally got it right.

View attachment 2120
Front 7075 chassis brace View attachment 2119Skeeter Front tower, shock protectors and longer shocks.
View attachment 2118
7075 rear chassis brace
View attachment 2117
Carbon center chassis brace
View attachment 2116
Skeeter rear tower
View attachment 2114
Boom monster radix. Also has the wide hub conversion.

View attachment 2115
I really dislike composite chassis braces, so I have the Team Corally Tuning 7075 T6 front and rear chassis braces coming for my new Radix 6s. I'm still on the fence about getting the carbon fiber chassis brace.

Last edited:
The Corally 7075 T6 aluminum front and rear chassis braces came in earlier than expected, and I installed them. Now I need to decide if there is anything else I want to upgrade now.

The Team Corally Tuning 7075 aluminum hinge pin mounts I ordered a few days ago arrived this afternoon, and I installed them. The Duratrax Six Pack wheels and tires came too, and I installed them as well.

Edit: It's a shame you can't see these upgraded hinge pin mounts once they are installed - they are covered up by plastic parts, never to be seen again.

Last edited:
The 7075 shock towers arrived today, and I installed them. I will be installing the aluminum steering deck when it arrives, which should be Saturday.

Radix6 front shock tower.jpg

This morning I installed a Powerhobby 40mm Tornado fan on the motor in my Radix 6. What a PITA: to power to the fan, I had to completely remove all the screws that hold the combination receiver box/servo mount to the chassis; unhook the servo arm; remove the lid of the receiver box; fish the fan wires up through the bottom of the receiver box; plug the fan wires into the receiver; then reassemble everything. This receiver box was obviously designed without a thought about maintenance.

Radix motor fan.jpg

I received the TC 7075 XTR aluminum steering deck, TC 7075 PRO front upper suspension arm mount, and steering deck holder and front body post this afternoon. I started to install them, but I ran into an issue: there is now a space between the suspension arm and the new rear hinge pin mount due to the design of the PRO mount. I had to order a suspension arm shim kit from RC Hobby Explosion to fix the issue, and my Radix is down until the shim kit arrives. :( Fortunately, I usually get Corally parts from RC Hobby Explosion in three days or four days, so my Radix shouldn't be down too long.

I'm not using that front rear suspension mount shown in your pic, I'm using the PRO Racer mount, which uses the square composite bushings held into a TC 7075 suspension front upper rear suspension mount to hold the rear of the hinge pin. Your basher setup uses the threaded hinge pin system and a different front upper rear hinge pin mount, as shown in your pic. I bought everything based on a diagram on the Corally web site, and it didn't mention needing additional spacers. You can see an area on both hinge pins that need shims to fill the gap on the hinge pins. The TC suspension arm shim set, part number C-00180-055, has a selection of shims that should work. Those shims have to be put on the hinge pins before they are assembled: they do not snap on like the ones to the left of the suspension arms as shown in the pic, so I will have to partially disassemble the front end to put the shims in.

steering deck.jpg

arm

Last edited:
The owner of my local RC shop helped me find some Traxxas suspension spacer clips that solve my issue with the spacing on the front upper suspension arms. I still plan on using the Corally shim kit that is due in next week for a permanent fix, but the Traxxas clips will work until then. The Radix6 is ready to run again. :)

I installed the TC 7075 Ackerman arm today. I was surprised that I didn't have to take much apart to replace it - there are four screws to remove the old one and put the new one in, and they can all be reached easily.

I just finished installing the Kronos XTR front and rear skid plates and bumpers on my Radix6. As soon as the suspension arm shim kit arrives I should be done with the upgrades.

Radix front and rear skid plates and bumpers.jpg

I would try and get the correct bolts and washers for the skid plates, because otherwise the bolts may pull through the plastic 🤔

https://www.corally.com/Car-Parts-T...er-for-M3-Flat-Head-Screws-OD-8mm-Red-10-pcs/

https://www.corally.com/Car-Parts-T...r-for-M4-Flat-Head-Screws-OD-10mm-Red-10-pcs/

They don't have to be red Corally ones, but this is what you need 👍🏼

View attachment 2235
Finding those metric conical washers at local hardware stores and RC shops here in the US is nearly impossible, and the larger hobby companies that carry a decent selection of Corally parts hardware just don't carry things like these washers. A web search for M4 conical washers turned up absolutely no source for them other than Corally in Europe. I might just wind up using M4 flat washers under the screws I have, if I can find some.

I'm not a big basher, and it's unlikely I would pull the fastener heads through the holes.

I bit the bullet and ordered the correct fasteners and washers from Corally in Europe. What I have now will work until the new parts get here.

The shims for the front upper suspension arms arrived today and I installed them. I had been utilizing a temporary fix to solve the issue of the front suspension arms not fitting properly after installing the aluminum steering deck and new suspension arm mounts, but now the issue has been fixed correctly.

I replaced the stock receiver with one for a Radiolink RC6GS transmitter I already own, so I have one less radio system to worry about. The Radiolink receivers only cost $17.99, and they bind easily in just a couple of seconds.

The last parts I plan on replacing, the aluminum conical washers and the flat head fasteners to attach the skid plates, are due to arrive no later than this Friday.

The conical aluminum washers and correct flathead fasteners for the eight major skid plate attach points came in today from Corally in Belgium, and I installed them. I think Corally felt sorry for me having to spend 21.50 Euros on shipping: they sold all the parts to me at lower prices than the published web prices.

Back