RCP’s Corally Sketer build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yayyyyyy, delayed from… you guessed it FEDEX 👎🏻

Says”Wednesday” even though it’s been in the distribution center since Sunday evening.
Fedex is the worst around Portland Oregon. My deliveries seem to go into a blackhole (also known as the Troutdale Distribution Center). Lol.

Fedex is the worst around Portland Oregon. My deliveries seem to go into a blackhole (also known as the Troutdale Distribution Center). Lol.
Poor guy. He left for work and guess what showed up lol. Now he has to work all night just wishing he was home opening that box lol

Video coming soon! It came today… haha

5149D277-46C5-43CE-84FB-71897C10C78B.png

Ok, so I got the Sketer yesterday!

I was excited to see how compact the box was.. it was the same size box as my wife’s TLR Typhon We got the other day. 👌🏻

C3D30910-3606-4D16-B2E2-3EB090291D74.jpeg

First thing I wanted to try was the Kaiju wheels and tires I wanted to try…

NOPE… don’t think they are gonna work out without the wide hubs and steering blocks from the Kronos.
BF0F3EA4-9D8F-4D82-B85E-D52E37751F09.jpeg
5E6C5BBF-C521-465B-9813-97ECFAC808B2.jpeg
82134056-3B53-4549-82F6-E69AE908C228.jpeg
103FC94A-C40D-42CE-9F96-F17BDD10D298.jpeg
A5F72371-35A3-437E-A399-777B002D0CE6.jpeg
So I won’t be running these.. haha

I also tried some other wheels and tires.
8D3D5BF6-4923-470B-A6C3-3CE80242FF18.jpeg
32A17918-E02E-4B47-BF33-22B7D5C9C6FC.jpeg
0FEAADE9-6BF7-4EED-9845-827B1AE541D6.jpeg
8F58A53A-CD3F-4C30-BE53-47D75042A727.jpeg
The mx28’s and 2.8 trenchers are just a tiny bit smaller than the stock wheels and tires. So they could be a viable substitute if you have a blowout and have some on hand.

Now for the bad news about the whole experience…. I had to break out the hammer and put the thing on it’s side and literally punch the hex through the wheel. All 4 tires 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ … it took me like 20 minutes to get all 4 off. The bore is too small on the wheel and they literally got pressed on when they over torqued the wheel nuts. My theory is they torque them so much so the nuts don’t fall off. They have no grip grooves on them like all the other manufacturers do for some reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is the plastic from the wheels that were left on the threads after removing:
732C6CC3-15A5-4192-B935-50EA3FF8D119.jpeg
0EB5DCA0-074B-4113-B4B7-C1C6AA25117A.jpeg

Haven’t torn it down and checked diffs or anything yet… will do that soon, maybe over the weekend…

I know i said a video… but it’ll have to wait haha.

Watch my channel!
https://youtube.com/channel/UCDuWrV9wG6BGFcc_lVB1q-Q

I think for replacement wheels the problem is going to be getting the correct offset 🤔 and personally I don't really want to do wide hubs 😩

I'm surprised about the wheel nuts not being serrated, that's just asking for trouble.!! It was one of the first things I did on my XTR last year..
It's an easy fix though with the help of eBay or aliexpress 👍🏼

I've had tight wheels before but what you experienced is a bit extreme, hope all is ok with the truck.!!

The color, is it orange or reddish?? It's so hard to tell in pictures.. I can't help myself but the body is so ugly 🤣🤣🤣 hope it looks better in the flesh.!!
I looked for a clear body but it isn't even listed as a spare part yet..

How's the fit and finish of the truck overall ???

Ok, so I got the Sketer yesterday!
Yeah buddy!
Now for the bad news about the whole experience…. I had to break out the hammer and put the thing on it’s side and literally punch the hex through the wheel. All 4 tires 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ … it took me like 20 minutes to get all 4 off. The bore is too small on the wheel and they literally got pressed on when they over torqued the wheel nuts. My theory is they torque them so much so the nuts don’t fall off. They have no grip grooves on them like all the other manufacturers do for some reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Haven’t torn it down and checked diffs or anything yet… will do that soon, maybe over the weekend…

I know i said a video… but it’ll have to wait haha.

Watch my channel!
https://youtube.com/channel/UCDuWrV9wG6BGFcc_lVB1q-Q
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Welcome to Sketer ownership. I posted about this on the Arrma forum. I pulled mine apart laying it sideways on the floor. Once I yanked one side I replaced them with the backflips so I could yank the other side off.
I DRILLED THOSE MFR's OUT!!!
Just pulled them tonight for some bearing maintenance and cleaning and they had to be wiggled off. I think I'm gonna swap out mine with some old ones I have in the parts bin.

I think for replacement wheels the problem is going to be getting the correct offset 🤔 and personally I don't really want to do wide hubs 😩
I'm gonna give them a shot. It's a pretty cheap mod.
20220203_211058.jpg

I'm surprised about the wheel nuts not being serrated, that's just asking for trouble.!! It was one of the first things I did on my XTR last year..
It's an easy fix though with the help of eBay or aliexpress 👍🏼
You could literally remove them and run the car. Just window dressing!🤫
I've had tight wheels before but what you experienced is a bit extreme, hope all is ok with the truck.!!
Part of the pleasure of owning a tank!💪
The color, is it orange or reddish?? It's so hard to tell in pictures.. I can't help myself but the body is so ugly 🤣🤣🤣 hope it looks better in the flesh.!!
Nope, it really doesn't. 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah buddy!

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Welcome to Sketer ownership. I posted about this on the Arrma forum. I pulled mine apart laying it sideways on the floor. Once I yanked one side I replaced them with the backflips so I could yank the other side off.
I DRILLED THOSE MFR's OUT!!!
Just pulled them tonight for some bearing maintenance and cleaning and they had to be wiggled off. I think I'm gonna swap out mine with some old ones I have in the parts bin.

I'm gonna give them a shot. It's a pretty cheap mod.View attachment 434

You could literally remove them and run the car. Just window dressing!🤫

Part of the pleasure of owning a tank!💪

Nope, it really doesn't. 🤣🤣🤣
I remembered seeing you post about it.. I was hoping it wasn’t that extreme but DAMN! I’ve never struggled with wheels for that long. I’ve had under bored backflip lp’s that we’re really difficult to take off.. but these were like 10x worse lol

Back