RCP’s Corally Sketer build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for replacement wheels the problem is going to be getting the correct offset 🤔 and personally I don't really want to do wide hubs 😩

I'm surprised about the wheel nuts not being serrated, that's just asking for trouble.!! It was one of the first things I did on my XTR last year..
It's an easy fix though with the help of eBay or aliexpress 👍🏼

I've had tight wheels before but what you experienced is a bit extreme, hope all is ok with the truck.!!

The color, is it orange or reddish?? It's so hard to tell in pictures.. I can't help myself but the body is so ugly 🤣🤣🤣 hope it looks better in the flesh.!!
I looked for a clear body but it isn't even listed as a spare part yet..

How's the fit and finish of the truck overall ???
It’s more of a red than orange for sure.
I just threw on some tekno nuts I had in the bin. 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

As far as the fit and finish, it seems to be built well. Almost too well. There’s gonna be a lot of disassembly for maintenance. Other then that I’m really looking forward to taking it for a rip.

I remembered seeing you post about it.. I was hoping it wasn’t that extreme but DAMN! I’ve never struggled with wheels for that long. I’ve had under bored backflip lp’s that we’re really difficult to take off.. but these were like 10x worse lol
Note to self 🤔 remove complete hubs and punch wheels out/off, Thx for the heads up 👍🏼

For the corally wheel nuts you can file some notches across them to help them from backing out. Or use your peanut grinder with a small cutoff wheel to cut them in. Then they don’t have to be so tight and squish the mounting area into the threads.

What about 3.8" badlands, or even possibly the v2 max6 sledgehammers on sketer? I know the serrated wheel nuts are preferred but I have rigs that don't have serrated. Blue loctite works for me. I actually use it on all my wheel nuts personally. Cheap insurance 😁

For the corally wheel nuts you can file some notches across them to help them from backing out. Or use your peanut grinder with a small cutoff wheel to cut them in. Then they don’t have to be so tight and squish the mounting area into the threads.
I find that using a cold chisel works better. Hammer a couple of spots and it will make raised edges in the aluminum. Gives them all the bite you'll need.

@RCproponent .. GREAT vid 👍🏼 nice closeups..!! I've only got 17 days to go now 😁 You'll be a 6s Sketer basher before mine even arrives 🤣🤣

Great video. Love it. I think Im going to try some Jetko wheels/tires.
It's funny I'd never heard of these wheels I even created two threads one here and the other at the Arrmaforum asking about them as my LHS is now starting to stock them 😉 Let me know what ones you choose 👍🏼

They are new brand. I want to try them out before (if) I start to stock them. Hopefully they are ok.

@RCproponent .. GREAT vid 👍🏼 nice closeups..!! I've only got 17 days to go now 😁 You'll be a 6s Sketer basher before mine even arrives 🤣🤣

It's funny I'd never heard of these wheels I even created two threads one here and the other at the Arrmaforum asking about them as my LHS is now starting to stock them 😉 Let me know what ones you choose 👍🏼
Thanks @BashingBrian ! Much appreciated. I really wanna check it out on the stock system first. See how it does and how far I can push it. Might just upgrade the esc and see how it does with that and a 15-16t.. if the motor gets too warm I will just swap it out for something like the stock Corally 6s motor and run a bigger pinion on 4s :)

Might just upgrade the esc and see how it does with that and a 15-16t
I was also thinking this exact same thing, I had a look at the Copperhead combo's but I think the Sketer is too heavy even for the sct combo..

Torox 185 🤔 is the way to go..!! 😉 I've got a spare TpPower motor 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I added a fan… might just go 15t right outta the box.
06061C95-D2E5-4DC3-8667-50BEA1148667.jpeg
16DA3403-7EBF-4A68-AEBC-97EA17C26C07.jpeg

I added a fan… might just go 15t right outta the box.View attachment 562View attachment 563
Seems like the sketer responds pretty well to a bigger opinion? If it's not happy and the motor or esc let out the smoke, you'll have a reason to upgrade😁 sounds like a win to me😎
Out of curiosity, what's the kv of the stock motor? COULD it live on 6s? Maybe 5s? Hmm..

Seems like the sketer responds pretty well to a bigger opinion? If it's not happy and the motor or esc let out the smoke, you'll have a reason to upgrade😁 sounds like a win to me😎
Out of curiosity, what's the kv of the stock motor? COULD it live on 6s? Maybe 5s? Hmm..
I think Jaytee ran a 185 on 6s using the stock motor for a speed run at the trucking depot he films at sometimes.
The Kuron 725 is a 2150 KV motor.

Back