What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1645908077434.jpeg

Sketer!!!!!

I put the V2 battery tray into the Radix so I could fit my 6S batteries in. I should have taken a picture but used the battery strap loops under the tray to route the ESC cables since they are easier to deal with that the tight, feels like I will pinch my esc wires when installing or removing. wire routing. The body is lifted up when a 6S is installed. I might try to lift the rear body mount some another time if I get ambitious. It really seems like the solution would be to go wider since there is space the outside of the battery tray then you could run my 6S on their sides so the overall height is reduced. It would support dual 3S better too. I did find it interesting that the area for electronics is the same whether short or longer wheelbase. Overall I am not as happy with the TC battery tray's as the Arrma's but they have issues too. It would be nice to have a hybrid of the two or a totally new solution that's better.

Hurricane

Hidden brick are bad. I am terrified of the hidden dog egg.
Right? That’s exactly what I’m afraid of… 🤮🤢

I put the V2 battery tray into the Radix so I could fit my 6S batteries in. I should have taken a picture but used the battery strap loops under the tray to route the ESC cables since they are easier to deal with that the tight, feels like I will pinch my esc wires when installing or removing. wire routing. The body is lifted up when a 6S is installed. I might try to lift the rear body mount some another time if I get ambitious. It really seems like the solution would be to go wider since there is space the outside of the battery tray then you could run my 6S on their sides so the overall height is reduced. It would support dual 3S better too. I did find it interesting that the area for electronics is the same whether short or longer wheelbase. Overall I am not as happy with the TC battery tray's as the Arrma's but they have issues too. It would be nice to have a hybrid of the two or a totally new solution that's better.

Hurricane
Yep, arrma battery trays are better. One of the things I don’t like about the corally’s. But hey there’s pros and cons to everything right.. haha

Smart thinking about the wider tray, maybe the owner is watching and he’ll listen like arrma used to :)

Right? That’s exactly what I’m afraid of… 🤮🤢

Yep, arrma battery trays are better. One of the things I don’t like about the corally’s. But hey there’s pros and cons to everything right.. haha

Smart thinking about the wider tray, maybe the owner is watching and he’ll listen like arrma used to :)
Yeah I have never ran dual 3D on any of my TC rigs because 1) the battery tray front edge is too low. The first battery in most cases is taller, so there is nothing to stop the battery from moving forward on larger impacts. Good thing we don't ever do those ;) 2)There isn't any lengthwise battery straps either so that can't take up the slack. Bashers tend to run larger batteries and then have bad landings...

My next rant would be on the lack of room in the Receiver box and no real weather proofing type seals. If you had a larger receiver it wouldn't fit.

Yeah I have never ran dual 3D on any of my TC rigs because 1) the battery tray front edge is too low. The first battery in most cases is taller, so there is nothing to stop the battery from moving forward on larger impacts. Good thing we don't ever do those ;) 2)There isn't any lengthwise battery straps either so that can't take up the slack. Bashers tend to run larger batteries and then have bad landings...

My next rant would be on the lack of room in the Receiver box and no real weather proofing type seals. If you had a larger receiver it wouldn't fit.
I modded the TC tray with a backstop made from aluminum angle and added a strap lengthwise. I'll get a pic next time I'm out in the man cave. It "should hold", I'm hoping. I still prefer Arrmas tray over the TC. +1 on the receiver box, it's okay for my el cheapo flysky receiver but small.

2)There isn't any lengthwise battery straps either so that can't take up the slack. Bashers tend to run larger batteries and then have bad landings...

Just get yourself a lengthwise strap from Arrma (other brands available 🤪), and the receive box fits my Futaba RX so I don't care..!!😉🤣

IMG_0091.jpeg

Motor and Servo fitted to the Hyper 8 SC 👍

ESC arrives tomorrow
Dang!! That looks frickin awsum!! I gotta get in on this Hobao stuff!!

So I cobble cobblepotted my xtr battery tray with a "backstop " so I can run 2-3s packs. I don't currently own any 6s bricks.. not sure I'm comfortable with this tho.. Needs longer straps at least but still weary about the top battery getting ejected? May just run a 2 and 3s for now with the 2s on the bottom. I find 5s to be plenty exciting.

Attachments

• 20220228_214557.jpg
    20220228_214557.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220228_214530.jpg
    20220228_214530.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
The 8 SC is now a runner

Yeah it is!! Sweeet!!

Now it needs a lil mud on the tires:cool:

No offense to anyone but I see so much pretty on these forums and I just don't get it? Everyone of my rigs hit the ground running.. rain,snow,mud..whatever.
@.AJ. , I know you just built it.. wasn't directed at you or anyone specifically✌️

Last edited:
I’ve got the max5 with 5687 1100kv in the crusher and the xlx2 1100 kv combo in the k8s
Ok so I will proably shoot you a pm to chat about the K8EXB if you don't mind. I'm about 3 months out from finishing it and I need narrow things down a bit.

Very early this morning, I worked on my sketer.. haven’t even driven it yet and I’ve already done this….

Tekno 17T pinion
7075 center diff case/carrier 500k fluid
46T spur
@3D-RC.online bumper support
Torox 185 and Kuron 825 swap (100% direct fit) Aside from the esc switch mount… you’ll need the one off the Kronos..
C6E589FB-8B4B-43D5-BD52-B24AE12AED7B.jpeg
D392DEA7-CC64-4F99-BE35-6BA2E8FDA854.jpeg
441BC11C-DEE6-4F96-A0BC-5CE33213FD6F.jpeg
AB5E668C-399F-4A6C-A777-1C23E0206EAF.jpeg
B820FE41-DFD5-410C-BFBD-E04A5BCB108C.jpeg
481D59AE-40C0-4468-A427-773D968EDCDF.jpeg

And here’s a sneak peak at @3D-RC.online ’s newest prototype that im hoping to test this weekend 🤞🏻
9E732D6A-77FB-443D-B01F-1C037C9A8D79.jpeg
this bumper support/spring/thingy whatever you wanna call it is beef cake. In true @3D-RC.online fashion of course…

Last edited:
Found my wifes 2nd kit car (HPI Micro Rs4) out of my plane stuff...Then proceeded to clean it up and research the needed parts.
Added one of the glass plates to one 3d printer, waiting on the BL touch for them both before I level them.
Reorganized all my manuals into separate binders,
Reorganized my office to stick yet another table in it for the aforementioned printers.

Back