Shogun Steering: Ackermann plate - toe out and camber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, the spring from AliExpress finally arrived. I have a question: when you installed it, did you preload the spring to the max or not?
No! Preload it some. Be careful not to cross thread the preload collar. You have to press the spring down while you get it to tighten. Leave 2 or 3 threads visible.
 
44584.webp
44585.webp

Like this. 👆
 
Since it's very stiff to tighten, I'm afraid of stripping the threads; do you think this will work? I'm tightening it with pliers, and it's really hard to turn.

View attachment 13271
Probably because it’s so dirty lol they are a bit stiff but shouldn’t cause that much issue to tighten I would take it apart give it a good clean & degrease see it makes it easier. But you could try it like that see how it feels for you.
 
I tightened mine by hand. I have a grip strength of about 55kg per hand.

Nelson makes a good point; if the threads are dirty, they're going to be very tight.

I don't recommend using metal pliers on the knurled thumb screw - it will marr it all up.

But hey - it's on! 🤩

Never to be seen again anyway. 😉
 
Back
Top