Radix Radix 6 has arrived . My forever thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have decided not to jump the radix , will stick to rallying it around the garden , we have had rain at last and slide around the garden it did 👍🏻
CA068A16-55B4-495A-9E97-4AF09D37145B.jpeg

Don't blame you, my radix has never left the ground, I've got other machines to launch. Probably the main reason I've never had a single failure on the radix!

Don't blame you, my radix has never left the ground, I've got other machines to launch. Probably the main reason I've never had a single failure on the radix!
It’s mainly due to TC spares in the uk ain’t the greatest , plus it’s not really a silly jump basher , it’s got its place in my fleet and it’s perfect for that 👍🏻

More rallying today , plenty of light showers to assist the slide , now running in my new race packs , they sure got some power , even using my rubbish spektrum motor , just need to wire the fan to run on 2s as well as 3 . The handling is superb with these buggies
12D72099-5210-4A0D-A691-8330BF7E228A.jpeg

AF8D8341-7877-4695-8A22-CE65EEB77B34.jpeg

2D386F74-AE62-4106-8543-394FB43ABFC4.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t jump my Radix6 on ramps: I have other vehicles that are better vehicles to jump. If I had an off-road course near me I might run my Radix on it. There is a local off-road track in work, but there has been a delay in opening it until the weather gets cooler.

ok , so i`ll admit it, i thought what the hell , lets try it , the Radix flew brilliantly , far better than expected , i think it flew better than my talion , many many jumps completed and nothing broken or bent , absolutely brilliant
IMG_7757.PNG

IMG_7754.PNG

Last edited:
ok , so i`ll admit it, i thought what the hell , lets try it , the Radix flew brilliantly , far better than expected , i think it flew better than my talion , many many jumps completed and nothing broken or bent , absolutely brilliant
View attachment 2884

View attachment 2885
This gave me a good laugh , you have sent it to the moon!

Loved reading through this thread!

I am about to pull the trigger on this car but wondering why a few people are being a bit cautious about launching it? I was planning on making a ramp and doing that when I got going, will this cause me a lot of bother?

I notice you are also from the UK so would love to know which batteries you like best in this car?

Are parts also hard to get in the UK?

I know I have rattled a lot of questions off, but you look to have done a lot of experimenting so will be very wise :cool:

Last edited:
Hello BlazingFast , thank you for your kind words 👍🏻 First up , the radix is brilliant , I use 4s only as 6s makes it vibrate and ruins the experience , currently on a 18t pinion and it’s a rocket . If you look back thru my posts you’ll see the 4s I use , my latest from cnhl are great , 2s race packs . Spares wise , I come from the land of arrma , and them spares are cheap and everywhere . TC i think less so , although as long as I miss the trees , it doesn’t break . I can see parts wearing though , but it is used a lot . I also run a talion , and now I see how good the buggy’s launch , I’ll no doubt rip it down and convert to typhon . Get the radix , get cnhl batts and have a great tiime 👍🏻 My radix is running a knackered spektrum set up and the corally is in the talion as it hauls the weight better

For me it's comes down to the definition of "launching", my ramp puts most things 20' up without much effort, when sending things off it I like to have big tires that offer at least some cushion, I refuse to send the radix off it, I wouldn't question sending it 5' or so it's just my ramp doesn't offer that option considering it's 4' tall in itself, so it's not a case of questioning the car it's a case of saving myself from breaking stuff

Hello BlazingFast , thank you for your kind words 👍🏻 First up , the radix is brilliant , I use 4s only as 6s makes it vibrate and ruins the experience , currently on a 18t pinion and it’s a rocket . If you look back thru my posts you’ll see the 4s I use , my latest from cnhl are great , 2s race packs . Spares wise , I come from the land of arrma , and them spares are cheap and everywhere . TC i think less so , although as long as I miss the trees , it doesn’t break . I can see parts wearing though , but it is used a lot . I also run a talion , and now I see how good the buggy’s launch , I’ll no doubt rip it down and convert to typhon . Get the radix , get cnhl batts and have a great tiime 👍🏻 My radix is running a knackered spektrum set up and the corally is in the talion as it hauls the weight better
Hi Razz007, great info!. Are these the batteries you have? https://chinahobbyline.com/products...0c-hard-case-lipo-battery-with-t-plug-2-packs

These battery websites always look really suspicious, are they safe you reckon? I don't mind paying a premium for batteries which are less likely to blow up.

For me it's comes down to the definition of "launching", my ramp puts most things 20' up without much effort, when sending things off it I like to have big tires that offer at least some cushion, I refuse to send the radix off it, I wouldn't question sending it 5' or so it's just my ramp doesn't offer that option considering it's 4' tall in itself, so it's not a case of questioning the car it's a case of saving myself from breaking stuff
20 feet is absolutely insane!! 😂

2ft or 20ft , it’s great fun , my little ramp sends them plenty high enough in me garden , love it . Oh and now located all my typhon parts to convert my talion to a typhon , and off the ramp it will go too . Yeeeeee harrrrrrrr

Hi Razz007, great info!. Are these the batteries you have? https://chinahobbyline.com/products...0c-hard-case-lipo-battery-with-t-plug-2-packs

These battery websites always look really suspicious, are they safe you reckon? I don't mind paying a premium for batteries which are less likely to blow up.
Hello there , they be the ones , make sure you pick the uk warehouse and off you go , I got mine in a sale 34 squid for the pair , cnhl seem very powerful , I have tried many other brands

CNHL batteries are awesome: just be sure to buy them when they are on sale as you will save a ton of money. I run CNHL 6s 5200mAh 90c batteries in my Kraton 6s, and they have a lot of punch. You can get the CNHL batteries with the XT90 connector preinstalled, so you don't have to worry about changing connectors.

She’s back to standard , I had transferred the motor / ESC into my talion as the TC stuff is amazing , but the talion is now a typhon jumper , the heavier typhon absolutely flies and doesn’t need the better power to launch in me garden .
908F073C-B326-457D-9764-68056A3B8407.jpeg

The little typhon in the air , running the radix wheels n tyres and battery falling out 😂
430C2798-6D61-4C0A-B62C-AA2DDB5B9FE9.jpeg

The radix has flown again , had a great time jumping my kraton 6s n typhon 3s . So put the badlands on the radix using 4s , pizza cutters indeed 😂😂 anyways , nothing broken and back to normal she is . Superb
4A8EC944-B307-4CF5-BF41-601C7E691E90.jpeg

500AAA61-F0A3-4BA8-A7F2-DD709F36F943.jpeg

CB24DF04-8BCF-4312-964E-68EF674A073C.jpeg
86FF318C-68B6-4EF0-9E26-F8073E56CA38.jpeg
8E0B4EDE-8456-4754-821C-67095753DCBD.jpeg

6s sid has flown around the garden , I don’t run my radix 6 on 6s as from new it was very rough , big vibrations made it sound awful , this afternoon with no jumping . 6s 15t pinion or 16 , the radix was silky smooth , the motor got hot , but fun was had , the fronts are ballooning , so I’ll go through the diffs to even it out , after a few more runs of course 👍🏻 Probably just lock the centre with ear plugs , then I only got two diffs to fiddle with 😁
CE289687-5044-4C67-9307-7C871E4763D7.jpeg
30B9824E-1663-49AA-9732-1C95AD6E972A.jpeg
B21E9213-96F4-495D-AF61-6012F70D3F9F.png
A3D9C233-4C20-4A07-B62B-6AEAFDDBE164.jpeg

Had a 6s versus 4s morning with the now siliconed ear plug Center diff ( centre diff gear was loose , so no fluid hence silly front tyre ballon yesterday ) . 6s is mental and in my garden running area , full throttle will never be reached , the buggy is smooth , the crashes are harder . 4s , max punch , 120c race packs = smoother and more enjoyable drive , less of a thump when hitting the trees too . I can see wear on the diff outputs , so will try some of this spring steel versions when the originals fail
7C5A6F11-89A6-477D-B446-E8E43A69F3DC.jpeg
722AEDE2-ED40-4D71-91C8-F1B1C79E0CA9.jpeg

Back