Radix Radix 6 has arrived . My forever thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Reaction score
She’s here , and is soooo clean and new and lovely . Over the weekend I’ll change the connectors , check this n that , throw in my Futaba receiver and around the garden she will go . Love it
9A586234-E508-4E95-BCEA-461ECE43D4DF.jpeg

2F93EC26-3DE2-4B1C-89F3-99E9E0A91B48.jpeg

Lads , lads , lads n lasses , my god this buggy is good , sod waiting for the weekend 😂 have put a 4s pack thru and 6s , I only need 4s in my garden , it’s fast , quiet , the handling is great . 6s turns the front tyres into pizza cutters . But 4s it will be . I will try a 15t pinion , it’s very hot here today , so Ty-rapped a fan on the motor just to assist , I am one very happy 51 year old kid 😁😁😁😁
32C66B5E-D891-4164-89F5-487FFF36578F.jpeg

I would think it should be fine with a 15t, I'm setup quite a bit different but I'm running an 18t, but also using a 2200kv hobbywing motor, twin fans, and a cap pack about the size of 4 double a batteries, surprisingly I usually only run about 125-135* on 80-90* days, before these changes I ran a 15t, ran warmer but still safe, but mine mainly runs on the road and ball diamonds so that factors in too

Thanks angry 👍🏻 Experimenting is fun I recon , I have several motor combos to try , even gonna put 3s in it , mine will only ever run on my lawn , so will work on the perfect setup , it’s not far off out of the box , but I do like to fiddle . My centre diff was empty , so put 1m in it as I ain’t got much else , front had a top up , will run thinner in this one once they arrive , have left it all soft on suspension , that works great on me lawn , have hit a tree twice head on trying to get quicker . I have by luck got the weekend off , the radix will be run all weekend . Love it

That's a good point, the tray is quite small, I trimmed the left side of mine to accommodate the battery laying flat, works but kinda cheesey, the v2 tray is a better option.

IMG_20220707_123143162_HDR.jpg

I have just bought one of these as well. It is my first 6s capable car and I am absolutely blown away by its performance. I have added the tune it hoon it skid protectors and corally front shock protector caps just as a matter of course. I also have one of these motor fans on order (pic attached) as the motor does seem to get very hot under 6s power.

Screenshot_20220709-104858_eBay.jpg

And just to add, the fail safe on my car was set up completely wrong when I received the car. When setting it up, I noticed turning the received off with the car powered on sent the car in to full throttle which I thought was a bit naughty.

These little buggies are awesome , could I say under rated ? This one has been 3s , 4s and 6s on the standard motor with 16t pinion on all , 6s makes the car rough , 4s and 16t pinion is the sweet spot for my garden . So to try , I have put a 3200 kv buggy motor in , it’s had a 3s run and will soon get a 4s pack pushed thru it , what a hobby
AAFF5FEB-7D22-4E16-B2AF-179F3CA793C0.jpeg

921364DA-12B0-4CF8-B3F2-01E9C02F677B.jpeg

F06BF658-BCEE-438D-9F0D-DBE7B41B89D5.jpeg

The handling I will also say , Amazing it really is

@razz007 .. Looking good 👍🏼

Have a look at my build thread, you may pick up some tips 'n tricks... https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/bashingbrians-radix-6s.134/
Blimey Brian , all your platforms sure get spoilt , mine just get abused 😁

4s thru the 3200 motor on a 13t pinion , went like stink , got soooo hot , but who cares , back to standard we go , it’s been a busy buggy today , I’ll check the front diff before it’s next run out as not done that one yet
422B317C-7D1F-4051-A1AA-1D587A16D8BD.jpeg

These little buggies are awesome , could I say under rated ? This one has been 3s , 4s and 6s on the standard motor with 16t pinion on all , 6s makes the car rough , 4s and 16t pinion is the sweet spot for my garden . So to try , I have put a 3200 kv buggy motor in , it’s had a 3s run and will soon get a 4s pack pushed thru it , what a hobby
View attachment 2679

View attachment 2680
View attachment 2681

The handling I will also say , Amazing it really is

Blimey Brian , all your platforms sure get spoilt , mine just get abused 😁
I'm running my Radix6 on 6s and a 15T pinion. The 15T seemed to be the best compromise between speed and keeping the temps down to a manageable level with the stock ESC and motor.

so having watched some youtube videos , and listening to you all , my radix 6 should be better on 6s , mine is rough ( a vibration at higher revs , even when pushing the 4s thru the 3s motor , so i have put it on blocks and fired it up , the centre rear drive shaft is very bent , so a new one will be ordered so 6s have be used when out at bigger spaces , superb

Here's a pic of my Radix chassis with the V2 battery tray and a Powerhobby 40mm Tornado fan on side of the motor. The steering deck has been upgraded from the stock composite deck to the Team Corally Tuning 7075 aluminum steering deck. Since this pic was taken I removed the foam spacer for the battery and replaced it with the composite adapter for shorter batteries that came with the V2 battery tray.

Radix chassis with large battery tray.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my Radix chassis with the V2 battery tray and a Powerhobby 40mm Tornado fan on side of the motor. The steering deck has been upgraded from the stock composite deck to the Team Corally Tuning 7075 aluminum steering deck. Since this pic was taken I removed the foam spacer for the battery and replaced it with the composite adapter for shorter batteries that came with the V2 battery tray.

View attachment 2688
i think if i ever go bigger lipo , no need at present , i get 10mins on my lawn with a 100c 4200 lipo , i would move the existing back and re-drill the chassis , and slice the front off the tray

a superb weekend had with these two , its mega warm here in the uk , the ground is hard and so are the trees , the radix got spat off a bump in my lawn and smacked a little fruit tree , the front left arm took it all . all it did was bend the front /rear hinge pin mount , that was bashed flat and off she went again ,i remembered to check the front diff and all is well . love em both in the own way

IMG_6686.JPG

IMG_6691.JPG

IMG_6684.JPG

Battery tray cut and esc moved back , I can now fit my 6s 100c pack , but it ruins the car experience in my garden , the front tyres balloon terrible , so maybe need a thinner oil in front diff , anyways , 4s forever , have got two 7.4v 5600 race packs coming too . Love it
1F9AA7C0-9397-4926-86E0-5CFCBFE4F682.jpeg

551C5FE6-183B-475E-A8E3-47F8780F3D23.jpeg

183A1B67-C63D-4735-A2A4-39AEECF8CEDF.jpeg

Looks like my battery tray!! It's been a year with a soft pack strapped in an zero issues

Loving the radix 6 on 4s so much , what a buggy . So to try a few ideas , she’s now fitted with a 2400kv buggy motor and my HW 4s ESC , 200grams weight saved , typhon 3s wheels n tyres save around 15g on each corner too , if she works out brilliant , I’ll move the 6s motor / ESC to my talion and get a really good 4s buggy motor
3CC01432-EEDE-4F91-8E42-D0C4496B79B4.jpeg

0ABEE441-E4E9-414A-95FB-5329FED4A81E.jpeg

Two test flights done , she’s defo a rocket , got rather hot with 16t pinion , better with the 13t pinion . Less efficient for sure than the 6s system , less torque too , so will keep a playing 👍🏻

Back