Radix Radix 6 has arrived . My forever thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my new 2s 120c race packs have disappeared from tracking , CNHL are looking into it , Hermes have yet to respond , I suspect the disappearance will be linked to hot weather we suffered

Some very lovely Schumacher spirals on the way , to try on my disappearing lawn
9961CEAD-6D37-4EC7-896F-2BB76F6DC44B.jpeg

@razz007 what ride hide do you run your radix at please? I run mine on rough bumpy grass and gravel/rocky dirt tracks. I've found giving the buggy 45mm ground clearance is good, but it seems to be a bit bouncy at times. I'm unsure what would make this better, thinner or thicker shock fluid? I'm pretty inexperienced at the minute 😁

Hello crash , I’m very old school , I let the buggy arms sit level when she’s fully loaded , and off I go . I will see how to measure though , sounds fun 👍🏻

Yes that's exactly how I was running mine, and all I did was literally adjust the preloaded on the coilovers until I got a reasonable ride height to give more ground clearance (i don't have enough knowledge or experience of RC'S to apply anymore science than that at the minute 😄).

I ran it at a big golf course/park near me today and it was brilliant (there is a disused hole so I wasn't bothering anyone and there was some nice small jumps). Running 4s as well, agree with you completely that that is the sweet spot 👌🏻

4s is spot on in my eyes 👍🏻 I will take mine to work one weekend , cos there is huge play area of flat grass and mild jumps 😁.

I have just had the last blast of the day , I normally run for ten mins , but waited for lvc to cut in , bottled it after 15 mins , the battery was at 5% - 3.6v a cell but no lvc , so will check the ESC before tomorrows blasts , had a small stick in the ESC Fan too , so that had stopped 😬 I clear all grass with airline after every run by the way , cos grass gets everywhere . Anyways , she’s cleaned and ready for another full day around the garden tomorrow 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Spot the difference from yesterday ? Yep wing lowered , punch to level 5 , LVC to high . My 100c 4200 4s pack ran for 6mins before LVC cut in , it was well puffed too . 3.65v per cell . 28degrees in the garden , so nice n warm under the canopy . Saw no benefit to going to punch level 5 .
Will see how long the newer 70c 6000 lasts on high LVC . Lowered wing shot
1DE275F8-B07D-4DF5-ACEC-E3F92075A6DE.jpeg

Look what I found , and I wasn’t even looking , a set of buggy wheels n tyres , I think fastrax in brand , zero grip on the front as going bald like me 😂 huge turning circle on my rock hard lawn 😁 great fun though , it’s 30 in the garden now , the little radix got warm again . Superb fun indeed
C3BD58D9-557B-4867-A365-68F4DE861AC3.jpeg

Home from work and out comes the radix , 6s ,13t pinion , the battery weight ruins it ( just wanted to be sure ) 4s next , this time with an 18t pinion , feels light , drives great , dboot buggy wheels n tyres for some sliding action . And a walk to the field next door to watch some farming , love it

Oh and hope my 2s race packs are found soon

92EAFB93-BEBB-40B1-9DBE-0126B62D15E2.jpeg

5074212F-4239-4B0F-9249-B28C699DBD36.jpeg

74FE473F-B53D-4D28-A420-BCAAE134FD74.jpeg

The new tyres arrived , they are awesome , the grip on my muck / grass is superb , so superb I got clever and hit a metal post that’s concreted in = a bust front , parts ordered . I am loving buggy’s so much at present , I ripped my talion down and converted to buggy , a shakedown test reveals its needs softer shock oil n springs , so tomorrow night , hopefully , I’ll put the radix shocks on it and see how it feels . A great evening again

8C1C7999-8CE5-4660-AAA6-C830D74B2D5A.jpeg

9ADE604D-ABE8-4515-AC4C-F1C4E05C5ADB.jpeg
45F41E50-2D6C-44A8-AEF5-E96AB54AB778.jpeg
48F7F642-19F7-483D-BA35-3F764E805E92.jpeg

3DAEF55E-7095-4EE7-9CC9-5C29A6C3BDBD.jpeg

FFC44A71-B497-49CB-BCA6-6628DAAFB722.jpeg

Parts delivered and she’s had a shakedown test , and all is well once more . Now the typhon 6s is up and running , it’s great driving them one after the other . Both are great cars , but the radix has the edge at the moment as I need to work on the typhon suspension

Parts delivered and she’s had a shakedown test , and all is well once more . Now the typhon 6s is up and running , it’s great driving them one after the other . Both are great cars , but the radix has the edge at the moment as I need to work on the typhon suspension
When I wanted a 6s buggy, I went with the Corally Radix6 rather than with an Arrma Typhon 6s. The reason was the 150A Firma ESCs in the Arrma 6s vehicles have issues with premature failures and fires, and I refuse to buy another Arrma vehicle with that ESC. I removed both the Spektrum 150A ESC and Spektrum motor in my Kraton and replaced them with a Castle system.

Hello everyone , my replacement lipos never arrived , Hermes tracking stopped at the same point , cnhl will investigate at the end of the week , Hermes still haven’t responded to the first missing ones yet , I have asked for the 3rd set to come via a different courier , but unsure if customer service is in uk ?

When I wanted a 6s buggy, I went with the Corally Radix6 rather than with an Arrma Typhon 6s. The reason was the 150A Firma ESCs in the Arrma 6s vehicles have issues with premature failures and fires, and I refuse to buy another Arrma vehicle with that ESC. I removed both the Spektrum 150A ESC and Spektrum motor in my Kraton and replaced them with a Castle system.
I have only ever got the firma 150 from breakers , as they are cheap cos no one likes them , they only fail when I miss use them or the fans break and they over heat

Last edited:
I have only ever got the firma 150 from breakers , as they are cheap cos no one likes them , they only fail when I miss use them or the fans break and they over heat
You are lucky then. Some folks have had them catch fire without misusing them. I sold my Spektrum 150A ESC and 2050 motor quickly after I got my Castle system, so people still want them. Interestingly, I just now saw that Amazon stopped carrying them: they have the 160A version for sale, but not the 150A. When I did a search, the page with the 150A fire on it is no longer available.

Here's a YouTube video of a fire:

if they stay cheap , i`ll keep having them ,although this time i have gone for hobbywing quicrun speedo , that was cheap too

Had the buggy out today , been using my kratonXL a lot this week n driving the little buggy is so so different to the big monster , what a fantastic little buggy she is , these handle great
79A3A4B8-5975-4EFB-950B-C1153FDE27EC.jpeg

so i have removed the esc and motor for the radix and put into my kraton/ talion etc truck , thats got so much more power now . the buggy is fitted with the esc and speedo from the truck , the buggy will be getting a good quality motor upgrade soon , surpass taurus 4274 2200kv i recon . love it
IMG_7490.JPG
IMG_7481.JPG

Lads , lads , lads n lasses , my god this buggy is good , sod waiting for the weekend 😂 have put a 4s pack thru and 6s , I only need 4s in my garden , it’s fast , quiet , the handling is great . 6s turns the front tyres into pizza cutters . But 4s it will be . I will try a 15t pinion , it’s very hot here today , so Ty-rapped a fan on the motor just to assist , I am one very happy 51 year old kid 😁😁😁😁
View attachment 2670
How are you powering the fan??

Back