Kronos XTR First 6s run... Complete failer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the look of these - I used to use 'blades' on my touring cars. Definitely help reduce slop in the drive train and should slow down the wear. 👍

I'll get my dremmel ready! 👌 Cheers for this.
Yw buddy. You don't need a dremel. The rod is made of soft plastic. Easy to make shorter with pliers.

Moral of the story: Check your rollout if you decide to run much bigger wheels/tyres and adjust the gearing accordingly. Stock gearing is designed for stock wheels/tyres.

That diff looks seriously overheated and for the shaft to sheer off like that, something must have been fouled/jammed up.

Also worth noting: If it ain't broke, don't fix it! 🤣 Besides the fact the stock tyres balloon like crazy, they hook up pretty good on a variety of surfaces. And they're nice and light.
What about running HW max 6 1650kv on 20T?

What about running HW max 6 1650kv on 20T?
That's a lot of motor for an XTR. Somewhere near 8hp ish. Crikey! 😅

Have you attempted any speed runs with it yet on balance wheel/tyres that don't explode?

Edit to add: Corally Kuron 825 is specced at 3000W. The Max 6 1650 is 5800W.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
That's a lot of motor for an XTR. Somewhere near 8hp ish. Crikey! 😅

Have you attempted any speed runs with it yet on balance wheel/tyres that don't explode?

Edit to add: Corally Kuron 825 is specced at 3000W. The Max 6 1650 is 5800W.

Happy Christmas everyone!
I'm running the hobbywing 1650 hooked to a castle mmx8s running 8s in my kronos xp, I need new tires but the stockers haven't explored yet, although you swear they're gonna! Haven't done a speed run yet but it's every bit as fast if not faster than my 8s radix which is currently geared at 72mph per the gps

I'm running the hobbywing 1650 hooked to a castle mmx8s running 8s in my kronos xp, I need new tires but the stockers haven't explored yet, although you swear they're gonna! Haven't done a speed run yet but it's every bit as fast if not faster than my 8s radix which is currently geared at 72mph per the gps
Crikey. That's even more bonkers than I imagined! What sort of speed does that setup do on 6s?.

Crikey. That's even more bonkers than I imagined! What sort of speed does that setup do on 6s?.
Not sure, never ran 6s on it, it would be about 12000 rpm less and can't say if it would handle as much pinion as I'm using on 8s, good test for the future, too much snow here now

No too wet and snowy. I have prolines avengers for a buggy I can throw on for a speed run
Here's a snap of mine mid-run on 6S. 62mph seems about as much as it can do, but I'm convinced a better HV Lipo will get me past 65mph.
Screenshot_20220526_183800_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
IMG_20220512_201556.jpg

Truck actually handles pretty good on these too - good balance of steering and stability. They let go progressively past the limit, which IMO is a major bonus and makes the truck even more drivable on 6S.

Had to upgrade the servo saver spring though, as the stock item was woefully soft.
IMG_20220629_183525.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a snap of mine mid-run on 6S. 62mph seems about as much as it can do, but I'm convinced a better HV Lipo will get me past 65mph.
View attachment 3228View attachment 3229
Truck actually handles pretty good on these too - good balance of steering and stability. They let go progressively past the limit, which IMO is a major bonus and makes the truck even more drivable on 6S.

Had to upgrade the servo saver spring though, as the stock item was woefully soft.View attachment 3230
Yes indeed, the stock spring in useless. A few of us have done that upgrade.

Yes indeed, the stock spring in useless. A few of us have done that upgrade.
Lol! It was you that I was talking to about finding the best manufacturer - you ordered a spring that worked! I then went and got a whole batch done and spent the next entire month Ebaying the surplus ones all over Europe! 🤣

Lol! It was you that I was talking to about finding the best manufacturer - you ordered a spring that worked! I then went and got a whole batch done and spent the next entire month Ebaying the surplus ones all over Europe! 🤣
Hahaha yes, sorry man! I just replied without looking who I was replying to! 😂

Hahaha yes, sorry man! I just replied without looking who I was replying to! 😂
Perfect team work and calculating the correct spec etc. That company's admin fee for smaller orders is a pain, but you can't fault the spring we run now. It's perfect.

You tried some others as well - how did you get on with them?

Perfect team work and calculating the correct spec etc. That company's admin fee for smaller orders is a pain, but you can't fault the spring we run now. It's perfect.

You tried some others as well - how did you get on with them?
I wanted to try others but never got to it.... The current one works so well like you say that I don't really have any motivation to go looking for more.

I wanted to try others but never got to it.... The current one works so well like you say that I don't really have any motivation to go looking for more.
I don't blame you - I think you smashed it with the first one. 👍

So im still waiting for my new pinion gears to gear it down some. Usps lost my package, and ebay takes for ever. This second set of amazon tires came. They are quite abit smaller than the stockers. Will see how long they last, i will just be buying from jennys next time. Amazon tires suck unless namebrand

IMG_20221228_161830426.jpg

So im still waiting for my new pinion gears to gear it down some. Usps lost my package, and ebay takes for ever. This second set of amazon tires came. They are quite abit smaller than the stockers. Will see how long they last, i will just be buying from jennys next time. Amazon tires suck unless namebrand

View attachment 3231
That sucks. I hope you get up and running soon. 👍

Back