CCB’s Tekno ET48 2.0 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how well this has gone together. Everything just fits as it should. I admit, I was skeptical about the $$$, after all, how nice can it be, really? Granted, I don’t have the largest of sample size, but I’m really impressed. Hopefully I will do it justice installing the electronics and god wiling, it will drive like a champ!

I’ve seriously been contemplating buying a Zeus 2, I love the one I saw at the track and your Sworkz is gorgeous! I also like the Mugen MBX8R Eco a hell of a lot but a “stunt” truggy kinda excites me a bit. (Lots of off-road near me, tarmac is hard to find).

I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how well this has gone together. Everything just fits as it should. I admit, I was skeptical about the $$$, after all, how nice can it be, really? Granted, I don’t have the largest of sample size, but I’m really impressed. Hopefully I will do it justice installing the electronics and god wiling, it will drive like a champ!

I’ve seriously been contemplating buying a Zeus 2, I love the one I saw at the track and your Sworkz is gorgeous! I also like the Mugen MBX8R Eco a hell of a lot but a “stunt” truggy kinda excites me a bit. (Lots of off-road near me, tarmac is hard to find).
Sounds like a deal then! Looks like we're both gonna end up with Sworkz and Tekno rides! 😎🤩

The Sworkz instructions are not as luxurious as some, but they're clear enough. 👍

Lookin very nice! One of the racers here has the 2.0, and it's PITA to run down. Even moreso when he's actually focused on driving. You ever get to where you just can't seem to blink when you're going around the track? That's how it is almost every time I go up against him.

It's like the 2.0 is just gliding around with no effort. Makes my Shogun look like a brute. 😳

Edit: I'm glad I came across this. I changed fluids in the 48.3, but wasn't too sure how much to fill. I went with how TC fills their diffs. Looks like Tekno prefers to have the diff gears submerged in the fluid, so I'll be taking it apart this week and filling them up a little more. (y)

Last edited:
Lookin very nice! One of the racers here has the 2.0, and it's PITA to run down. Even moreso when he's actually focused on driving. You ever get to where you just can't seem to blink when you're going around the track? That's how it is almost every time I go up against him.

It's like the 2.0 is just gliding around with no effort. Makes my Shogun look like a brute. 😳

Edit: I'm glad I came across this. I changed fluids in the 48.3, but wasn't too sure how much to fill. I went with how TC fills their diffs. Looks like Tekno prefers to have the diff gears submerged in the fluid, so I'll be taking it apart this week and filling them up a little more. (y)
Focusing on racing. Not blinking. Then getting red eye. Yep! That's definitely happened to me - especially during out door racing where it can be windy. Dry eye is a PITA. I'm sure my heart rate slows. Legs shake. Adrenaline is quite a thing isn't it? 🤣

Focusing on racing. Not blinking. Then getting red eye. Yep! That's definitely happened to me - especially during out door racing where it can be windy. Dry eye is a PITA. I'm sure my heart rate slows. Legs shake. Adrenaline is quite a thing isn't it? 🤣
Heart rate slows? You must be a much cooler cat than I, LOL. Cuz while I've never raced competitively, quite sure mine would be elevated.. along with dry eyes, sweaty hands, clenched teeth..😉🤣🍻

I'm surprised to see the ET48 came with a body and wing. Is that something new I wonder? I have the MT410 v1 and SCT410.3, neither came with a body. My understanding is most race kits don't. Also kind of surprised the spur gear is plastic. Not that it's a big deal, I ended up replacing the spur in the MT with steel, but the plastic held for quite some time.
Looking great so far @CCB-MN 👍😎
They do go together very well in my experience too. What I struggle with is between the thrill of the build, and the anxiousness to run it!!🤷‍♂️😜

Last edited:
Heart rate slows? You must be a much cooler cat than I, LOL. Cuz while I've never raced competitively, quite sure mine would be elevated.. along with dry eyes, sweaty hands, clenched teeth..😉🤣🍻

I'm surprised to see the ET48 came with a body and wing. Is that something new I wonder? I have the MT410 v1 and SCT410.3, neither came with a body. My understanding is most race kits don't. Also kind of surprised the spur gear is plastic. Not that it's a big deal, I ended up replacing the spur in the MT with steel, but the plastic held for quite some time.
Looking great so far @CCB-MN 👍😎
They do go together very well in my experience too. What I struggle with is between the thrill of the build, and the anxiousness to run it!!🤷‍♂️😜
Thanks KA!

I’m not sure if the previous kits had the body and/or wing or not, this is my first Tekno kit so I’m kinda blind.

I hear ya! I too have that internal struggle between what’s right,…….and whats right, right now! I love building,….but I love driving them too! Fortunately for me the Angel 😇 on my shoulder usually female dog slaps the little Devil 👿 back into line before I get too outta hand. 😊

Or my wife walks in the room and politely reminds me of just how horrible things will go if I don’t behave myself. 😔

Might only be 1 in a million! I’m just saying, there’s a chance! 😈😈😈😈

Thanks KA!

I’m not sure if the previous kits had the body and/or wing or not, this is my first Tekno kit so I’m kinda blind.

I hear ya! I too have that internal struggle between what’s right,…….and whats right, right now! I love building,….but I love driving them too! Fortunately for me the Angel 😇 on my shoulder usually female dog slaps the little Devil 👿 back into line before I get too outta hand. 😊

Or my wife walks in the room and politely reminds me of just how horrible things will go if I don’t behave myself. 😔

Might only be 1 in a million! I’m just saying, there’s a chance! 😈😈😈😈
Ah, that's why I'm out in the man cave all by myself..NO distractions please!! 🧐🤣👍

Funnily enough, yes - in the zone, senses heightened - everything in slow motion. 5 minutes seems like an hour. Zen like state. Think....matrix.

........but with shaking legs and knees knocking together! And red eyes!! 🥴🤣

Heart rate goes through the roof afterwards with me. What a rush! 😎

Funnily enough, yes - in the zone, senses heightened - everything in slow motion. 5 minutes seems like an hour. Zen like state. Think....matrix.

........but with shaking legs and knees knocking together! And red eyes!! 🥴🤣

Heart rate goes through the roof afterwards with me. What a rush! 😎
Ah.. the Zen Master!!🙌😎😁

1708368225969.jpeg

🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️

You must become 1 with your rc! 😂😂

Once you can snatch the transmitter from my hand,…you can complete your journey.
I literally 'feel' them, even though there is no physical connection.

We research, we build, we race, we maintain - there's a little bit of ourselves in each and every one of our builds, right?.....🤯

So maybe we do become 'one' with our rigs? 🤔

I literally 'feel' them, even though there is no physical connection.

We research, we build, we race, we maintain - there's a little bit of ourselves in each and every one of our builds, right?.....🤯

So maybe we do become 'one' with our rigs? 🤔
Oh, I feel them..especially after using my forearm to block one from hitting me in the head! LOL. Kaiju, snowbank jumping.. or Xmaxx to the shin.. almost took my father in law off his feet once with an rc.. wifey says I'm too reckless.. uh honey, I wreck them all the time, why would you say reckless?🤷‍♂️😜

Just to add a disclaimer: the clicking noise I had from my diff is now gone. I guess it wasn't filled up enough. I went through all three diffs last night (gotta love having a drill to help you through) and refilled them to Tekno specs. They're now smooth.

Since pretty much all our racing here is outdoor (with the exception of a drift track and a mini-z track), there's almost always wind and dust. The 2.0 guy is actually a really good friend of mine, just like a mentor. He's taught me almost everything I know about RC and helped me become a better driver. We also used to run our touring cars together; that was intense. Talk about dry eye. 😳 Funnily enough, I try to stay as cool as a cute-cumber; once I let my guard down and start feeling the adrenaline I start making mistakes. 🤦‍♂️

Day 4

Bag: K Center Assembly

IMG_3174.jpeg

There wasn’t much to comment on with Bag K. It’s the center assembly and it went just as it should.

IMG_3176.jpeg

Bag K: Rear Assembly (yes they are both bag K)

IMG_3190.jpeg

Again, not much to say.

Next up Bags L and M, Shock Assembly!!!

Day 4

IMG_3174.jpeg

There wasn’t much to comment on with Bag K. It’s the center assembly and it went just as it should.

IMG_3176.jpeg

IMG_3190.jpeg

Again, not much to say.

Day 4

Bag L: Front Shock Assembly

Bag M: Rear Shock Assembly

Front

IMG_3191.jpeg

Rear

IMG_3192.jpeg

Nice fill level instructions! Again, important bits are highlighted!

IMG_3193.jpeg

Big, Beefy parts! Quality has been superb the entire build.

IMG_3178.jpeg

Tough Springs!

IMG_3179.jpeg

Big Bodies!

IMG_3180.jpeg

Nice shocks! Lots of travel!

IMG_3183.jpeg

IMG_3182.jpeg

Two different color Lower Shock Mount Screws. 1 is cw, the other is ccw. Easy to keep straight!

IMG_3181.jpeg

Here it’s just waiting to be completed!

IMG_3186.jpeg

Starting to look Mean! 😈😈😈😈

IMG_3187.jpeg

Bags N, O, P are next along with the electronics that should all arrive this week!

I’ll update as I install the electronics and start on the body.

Last edited:
Day 4

View attachment 5415

View attachment 5416

View attachment 5418

Again, not much to say.

Day 4

Bag L: Front Shock Assembly

Bag M: Rear Shock Assembly

Front

View attachment 5419

Rear

View attachment 5420

Nice fill level instructions! Again, important bits are highlighted!

View attachment 5421

Big, Beefy parts! Quality has been superb the entire build.

View attachment 5422

Tough Springs!

View attachment 5423

Big Bodies!

View attachment 5424

Nice shocks! Lots of travel!

View attachment 5427

View attachment 5428

Two different color Lower Shock Mount Screws. 1 is cw, the other is ccw. Easy to keep straight!

View attachment 5429

Here it’s just waiting to be completed!

View attachment 5425

Starting to look Mean! 😈😈😈😈

View attachment 5426

Bags N, O, P are next along with the electronics that should all arrive this week!

I’ll update as I install the electronics and start on the body.
Those shocks are nearly identical in design to Sworkz. 🤩😍

1000016053.png

PXL_20231212_003005005~2.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised they get made at the same plant. 🤣

The stance and stamp of the ET48 2.0 is very purposeful looking with those 'proper' long shocks. Whilst the styling is 'understated' - the quality shines through. 💪🤩

Those shocks are nearly identical in design to Sworkz. 🤩😍

View attachment 5430
View attachment 5431
I wouldn't be surprised they get made at the same plant. 🤣

The stance and stamp of the ET48 2.0 is very purposeful looking with those 'proper' long shocks. Whilst the styling is 'understated' - the quality shines through. 💪🤩

Wow! Those are almost identical! Nice! I guess it’s been decided then. Now I have buy a Sworkz kit! 😂

Back