What is everybody using to store and charge lipos savely

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Stig

Reaction score
I am using used 7.62 mm ammo cases to store and charge lipos. Somebody gave me that as a tip.
If something goes wrong l, close it and throw out.
What are you guys using?

IMG_20220208_162923.jpg

IMG_20220208_162930.jpg

IMG_20220208_163017.jpg

I'm using Lipo bags, for every Lipo a different bag, depending the capacity.

The material used for the bags is the same that I have onboard my crane, when they are grinding or welding in the area of my support legs, to protect the chrome. We call it a fire blanket.

IMG_20220208_170536.jpg

I store them in a .50 Cal ammo box, i charge them in a oven proof dish on my dinner room table always in clear sight, if anything goes wrong I’ve got a fire blanket and fire extinguisher within 3m of where I charge 👍

Remove that rubber gasket ASAP! If a LiPo goes poof in it, it will create a literal bomb. Drill a few holes in the top too.
Good advise. I thought it was lipo proof. But what if i leave the top open??

I'm using Lipo bags, for every Lipo a different bag, depending the capacity.

The material used for the bags is the same that I have onboard my crane, when they are grinding or welding in the area of my support legs, to protect the chrome. We call it a fire blanket.

View attachment 602
Was thinking of buying lipo bags 2 but i got the advise that it is best to litteraly see the lipos while charging. If they get thicker, it is best 2 get rid off them

Last edited:
Funny you mention this. I'll hopefully have an update soon but I just bought another ammo can and will be using it for long term storage of my LiPo's and then will be using my existing ammo can as a charging station.

Funny you mention this. I'll hopefully have an update soon but I just bought another ammo can and will be using it for long term storage of my LiPo's and then will be using my existing ammo can as a charging station.
So you don't close the top? so the pressure can get out If a lipo blows.

Back