Kronos XTR Waiting (impatiently) for the Kronos XTR to get back in stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$25 for shipping? Jebus. They need to work out something with HRP to take care of stateside customer service as they are the official Corally distributor for the US and I think Canada as well. I had to go through them to warranty my Savox servo and it went smooth as silk.
That should be the protocol I would think too. At the time I got the updated hubs, they were just released by TC and I couldn't find them anywhere in the states yet. So I ordered direct. I actually bought my xtr from HRP. Free shipping, no tax, plus I think $30 off with their coupon..$409 to my door. Cha-ching!! That was a great deal I thought..then HH had the fire sale on the kexb a week or 2 later! Well.. I just HAD to jump on that!!👍😁😎

Going on 2 months...All I want is a Kronos XTR roller. As soon as I got interested in these things, they were out of stock everywhere. Uggh
If you're whiling to order from Europe you could get one delivered in a week or two. You can buy direct from corally.com (shipping is a bit pricey thou) or try eurorc.com as mentioned before. I highly recommend them!

Anyone with knowledge knowing of these getting back in stock in the US? Ready to sell off my electronics I had planned for a Kronos build.

Anyone with knowledge knowing of these getting back in stock in the US? Ready to sell off my electronics I had planned for a Kronos build.
I haven't heard or seen anything.. shame. Do you have other 1/8 scale rigs? I find it's always good to have spares on stand by.
What electronics do you have?

I have no 1/8 scale rigs at the moment. I just sold my Maxx (and X-Maxx). I have nothing of my own at the moment. Selling my SCX24's as well. If the cars sit, I sell them to get something new. I've been waiting for a Kronos for months now. In preparation I bought a Dumborc Radio, Team Corally Kuron 825 motor and Torox 185 ESC, Team Corally Fan Mount, 35kg DSServo, Powerhobby Fan, Hobbywing Program Card, Tekno 13-16 pinion.

I have no 1/8 scale rigs at the moment. I just sold my Maxx (and X-Maxx). I have nothing of my own at the moment. Selling my SCX24's as well. If the cars sit, I sell them to get something new. I've been waiting for a Kronos for months now. In preparation I bought a Dumborc Radio, Team Corally Kuron 825 motor and Torox 185 ESC, Team Corally Fan Mount, 35kg DSServo, Powerhobby Fan, Hobbywing Program Card, Tekno 13-16 pinion.
Ah, that must be what savvy people do? Sell what they don't/aren't using? Sell before it becomes irrelevant.. I have never sold any rc since the 80's! As, a result, I have alot of irrelevant junk laying around🤣🤣
Kudos for being wise enough to know when to let go👍
Knowing the shortage of TC stuff here in the US, you should have no trouble getting ur money back out of the motor/esc.
Might I suggest reaching out to HRP? They are the US distributors of TC..maybe worth it before you sell.
https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/

There's certainly ones I wish I hadn't sold. Going back to my original Traxxas Sledgehammer back in the 80's. But I actually enjoy the tinkering more than than driving. I get them to a certain point then sell after they sit. Certainly lose money but it helps fund the next round. I've got too many hobbies and need to be creative with paying for them. 😂

Try ordering from overseas? You might end up paying a bit more, but nothing crazy I don't think. EuroRC.com is a good option.

Sadly that is the cheapest option at the moment. I really wish whoever is in charge of distribution would get their poop in a group and get some cars over here.
Weird..HRP being the US distributors for TC yet they have no listing at all of the Sketer or 22 XTR rigs on their site? I bought some pinion output cups (swiss) for my 21 XTR from RC Hobby explosion. One came through with no threads in it for the grub screw. Which was a bummer.. RC Hobby explosion told me to file a claim with HRP. No complaints about either company ,but a hassle just the same.
Sidenote, the threads must be cut before hardening the parts cuz I tried tapping the threads. Ended up ruining 2 taps..🤣🤣

Definitely something weird going on with the distribution. I believe people have posted that over in Europe there's no shortage of parts or availability.

A rep from RC Hobby Explosion called me on a support matter, and we had about a 20 minute talk, including questions about parts availability. He told me Corally parts generally don't get here in the US until about four months after they are released in Europe. It's an issue with the distributor, HRP, not ordering them.

A rep from RC Hobby Explosion called me on a support matter, and we had about a 20 minute talk, including questions about parts availability. He told me Corally parts generally don't get here in the US until about four months after they are released in Europe. It's an issue with the distributor, HRP, not ordering them.
I suspected as much(HRP)..Crazy to me that they don't even list the Sketer or 22 XTR on their website, yet every hobby shop in the US who sells TC products get them from HRP?
I guess we have to start badgering HRP!?

I suspected as much(HRP)..Crazy to me that they don't even list the Sketer or 22 XTR on their website, yet every hobby shop in the US who sells TC products get them from HRP?
I guess we have to start badgering HRP!?
Sounds like it for sure.
HPI had/has the same problem, HRP is their distributor and there have been a few times where I have had to order the parts I needed from the UK.

HRP does a great job at distributing other companies products, heck they even handle the tech support for Savox, but they have dropped the ball on HPI and Team Corally from what I have seen.

Sounds like it for sure.

HPI had/has the same problem, HRP is their distributor and there have been a few times where I have had to order the parts I needed from the UK.

HRP does a great job at distributing other companies products, heck they even handle the tech support for Savox, but they have dropped the ball on HPI and Team Corally from what I have seen.
HRP took care of me with regards to warranty parts, and I actually ordered my XTR directly from them last year which was delivered perfectly..unfortunately they just don't seem interested in catering to the manufacturers whose products they distribute?

I almost forgot about the new Savage..not much chatter about it since it was reintroduced. Too expensive I think..
I picked up a set of the savage tredz wheels/tires from JRC to try. Thought they'd be good for my Kaiju on hard pack clay..the traction is pretty good, but boy do those suckers balloon! Bad, no way they'd hold up to 6s. Pretty much a waste of money TBH. They started seperating from the wheels second run, on 5s.

Last edited:
I had a Savage Flux about 12 years ago. I have pictures of my daughter in her stroller sitting there watching me play. HA. I loved that truck.

I had a Savage Flux about 12 years ago. I have pictures of my daughter in her stroller sitting there watching me play. HA. I loved that truck.
Indeed, the Savage is a legend! I've never owned one, but everyone who's been around rc's pretty much has heard of it. Seems to be a good truck, just can't see myself paying $700-800 for one.
I had (and still have) the Thunder Tiger MT4, which was from the same era. A good rig overall, not nearly as tough as what we have today I don't think.
I scored a bunch of parts from Dollar Hobbyz about 2 years ago to resurrect the MT4. I have it dressed out as a truggy these days(ST4).
Still gets run pretty regularly, has TC motor and esc in it, rips on 4s. Unfortunately, it's days are indeed numbered since the parts are all but gone.

Ah, that must be what savvy people do? Sell what they don't/aren't using? Sell before it becomes irrelevant.. I have never sold any rc since the 80's! As, a result, I have alot of irrelevant junk laying around🤣🤣
Kudos for being wise enough to know when to let go👍
Knowing the shortage of TC stuff here in the US, you should have no trouble getting ur money back out of the motor/esc.
Might I suggest reaching out to HRP? They are the US distributors of TC..maybe worth it before you sell.
https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/

Yeah that's me in a nutshell. Haven't sold any RC cars since my Tamiya Frog went home with my cousins in 1986 or so.....

Back