Sketer The Stig's Sketer adventures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could set the wheelie bar to a lower position - maybe that would help there … and for the front the big POS bumper (I know it’s costly but would match well with this body design IMO), then I guess you could leave the body as it is …

By the way, what did you pay for it? I think I am heavily interested too … 🤩

You could set the wheelie bar to a lower position - maybe that would help there … and for the front the big POS bumper (I know it’s costly but would match well with this body design IMO), then I guess you could leave the body as it is …

By the way, what did you pay for it? I think I am heavily interested too … 🤩
Lowering the wheeliebar does not work. The whole thing is in the way. Spend a shitload of money on my Sketer allready. Gonna buy the bumper when its broken 😉
Paid 80 euro excl shipping cost.

Lowering the wheeliebar does not work. The whole thing is in the way. Spend a shitload of money on my Sketer allready. Gonna buy the bumper when its broken 😉
Paid 80 euro excl shipping cost.
Out of curiosity, how often does the sketer actually wheelie? I only ask because my xtr hardly ever does..I bought a wheelie bar from JRC that came off a jambo and put it on my xtr but I think I'm just gonna take it back off. It's actually very nice,but heavy. Since the truck rarely wheelies(backflip LP's) I think it is unnecessary.

Out of curiosity, how often does the sketer actually wheelie? I only ask because my xtr hardly ever does..I bought a wheelie bar from JRC that came off a jambo and put it on my xtr but I think I'm just gonna take it back off. It's actually very nice,but heavy. Since the truck rarely wheelies(backflip LP's) I think it is unnecessary.
Mine did not wheelie when stock. Got a 15t pinion on it now. Did not try it yet. Busy with reparing and upgrading. So maybe wheelies now.

Well, depends on the setup - mine is stock, but since I have the backflip LPs installed it nearly looks like this every time I give full throttle:
140E2827-3478-4AEB-8801-A57D2CADABEF.jpeg

Because my wheelie bar was broken once, I tried without it … not good, it was immediately rolling over 😁

Well, depends on the setup - mine is stock, but since I have the backflip LPs installed it nearly looks like this every time I give full throttle:
View attachment 2328
Because my wheelie bar was broken once, I tried without it … not good, it was immediately rolling over 😁
Those fit on stock Sketer? Price is good 💪 Damn hobby costs me a ton of money 🤑 but worth it 😉

View attachment 2328
Makes sense since the backflips are taller than stock. I went the other way with the xtr(smaller) than stock so less wheelies for me.

yes, in my case about 20mm taller than stock … higher max speed and more wheelies 👍
If that's your flavor, cool. I like it better when all four tires are gripping, faster that way, and more controllable. We all do it differently 🍻

If that's your flavor, cool. I like it better when all four tires are gripping, faster that way, and more controllable. We all do it differently 🍻
Honestly, one of the main reason was to gain some ground clearance, the higher speed was a nice benefit … but I agree, it’s not so controllable anymore 🍺🍺

Anyone know how to get the lower shock caps of? Going to upgrade to alu.

IMG_20220506_192951.jpg

Small upgrade from the Basherbodies Sketer departement.
Made cuts for the front bumper and wheelie bar. The cuts will line up when i am done.
Next stop: drill the whiles for the body clips. Hope i nail it 🤞 Got instructions from the owner of Basherbodies.

IMG_20220507_192717.jpg

IMG_20220507_192747.jpg

IMG_20220507_192741.jpg

IMG_20220507_192729.jpg

IMG_20220507_192717.jpg

They unscrew...mine were only hand-tight and loosened easily.
Thanks will give it a shot. Otherwise i will use pliers carefully.

Basherbody fits 💪 only need longer body pins. Any ideas where to get them? Any other ideas are welcome also. Asked arpdesign allready. Gave the sizes to the owner of basherbodies.com. Contact him. Dutch guy and really helpfull. 💪👍

IMG_20220508_120117.jpg

IMG_20220508_120130.jpg

IMG_20220508_120312.jpg

How the heck has your front bumper survived? Mine was trashed during the first run...I took it off and didn't look back!

How the heck has your front bumper survived? Mine was trashed during the first run...I took it off and didn't look back!
To be honest, i don't know. Even when my cousin of 12 drove it straight into a spade. My father in law left it behind in his garden. Was firmly stuck in the ground. I thought, there goes my bumper but it broke the spade instead 🤣

Body clips with retainers installed. Drilled holes on the other side of the pins.

All the work with the body is done. Have to upgrade my shocks and make some nice pics for basherbodies.com. Contact them for more info over the body. I know some of you guys are in desperate need. Yes, a bit of promotion hope that's allright 😉

Oh and after you installed this body, you don't need the shock tower anymore 😉 wont fit anyways 🤣

IMG_20220508_161506.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest, i don't know. Even when my cousin of 12 drove it straight into a spade. My father in law left it behind in his garden. Was firmly stuck in the ground. I thought, there goes my bumper but it broke the spade instead 🤣

Body clips with retainers installed. Drilled holes on the other side of the pins.

All the work with the body is done. Have to upgrade my shocks and make some nice pics for basherbodies.com. Contact them for more info over the body. I know some of you guys are in desperate need. Yes, a bit of promotion hope that's allright 😉

Oh and after you installed this body, you don't need the shock tower anymore 😉 wont fit anyways 🤣

View attachment 2340
With „shock tower“ you mean the tower in the center, right? Did you remove this tower now completely … wouldn’t it also be an option to put a thinner foam on it or would it be still too high then?

With „shock tower“ you mean the tower in the center, right? Did you remove this tower now completely … wouldn’t it also be an option to put a thinner foam on it or would it be still too high then?
Yes that's what i mean indeed. I removed it completly. I think it would fit with thinner foam. Did not try it because a body 4mm thick does not need a tower, right? Or does it have a special function besides protecting the body.

Yes that's what i mean indeed. I removed it completly. I think it would fit with thinner foam. Did not try it because a body 4mm thick does not need a tower, right? Or does it have a special function besides protecting the body.
No, in general I don’t think it has another function - beside for me: I use it to keep some cables in place and I have mounted the switch there which turns on/off the motor fan … but that‘s just me 😀

By the way, 4mm thick … how heavy is this body?

Back