Sketer The Stig's Sketer adventures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Stig

Reaction score
I thought i would make 1 thread of my Sketer stuff.

First break down 😔
Bumped it against a sidewalk. Hope i know what to order so i can fix it.

Tips are welcome in this thread 👍 Need to learn

Update: fixed it. Original tires back on.

Next project: fan on the engine 👍
IMG_20220228_164245.jpg

IMG_20220309_175458.jpg

Last edited:
Explosionszeichnung des Sketer

Attachments

• C-00191 - SKETER XP 4S_EXPLODED VIEWS.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 135
Yup I print all of my manuals and 3 hole punch them and put them into a binder....One really bug one, might need to get a couple more and separate manuals for planes, trucks, quads, heli's, chargers, esc's......well you get the idea.

This seems to be a common weak point on the Sketer, seen a few people reporting the exact same. I wonder what could be done to strengthen that up? A longer screw that goes side to side with a nut at the back and a spacer at the front maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Seen it a couple of times 2. No time yet to fix it. Good question. Asking myself that also. I think the composite where the nut goes through is really thin. Upgrade or something?

Certainly not the least! 😅
I hope you enjoy it too because it's just part of the hobby. Sometimes it's a good opportunity to do dinner maintenance, check bearings etc.
Thanks for the tip. Need to buy parts. Any recommendations on extra parts wich could come in handy? Stuff that breaks easy or something?

Thanks for the tip. Need to buy parts. Any recommendations on extra parts wich could come in handy? Stuff that breaks easy or something?
Well in terms of spare parts it's different for each RC, for the Sketer it seems like front arms is a good spare to have. In terms of consumables I would say definitely bearings, at least a full set of the bearings that go on the wheel carriers and the ones that support the outdrives/diffs. Stock up on lubricants and fluids, grease for covered/sealed gears, diff and shock fluids as these should be serviced at least once a year.

Back