Shocking shock oil 😲

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'd bet he would be able to convince you!
Perhaps, but, I doubt it. In 95 I was 23 years old and 6'2" 230lb. Only thing I was scared of was women, LOL.
- love child, eh! That really must have been the talk of the street
Ah, was the seventies..free love was everywhere apparently. LOL
Funny, I never called either one dad, the one whose name I bare, or the one whose seed I came from. My parents did divorce their first spouses and marry before I was old enough to know.. TBH, I didn't even know the story till I was about 19 and mom was already dead and gone from cancer. Pop's just past last year, we never spoke much after he threw my stuff out the back door and changed the locks while I was at work one day. That was when I was 19. Time to go I guess.🤔🤷‍♂️🤣

Perhaps, but, I doubt it. In 95 I was 23 years old and 6'2" 230lb. Only thing I was scared of was women, LOL.
Funny, I never called either one dad, the one whose name I bare, or the one whose seed I came from. My parents did divorce their first spouses and marry before I was old enough to know.. TBH, I didn't even know the story till I was about 19 and mom was already dead and gone from cancer. Pop's just past last year, we never spoke much after he threw my stuff out the back door and changed the locks while I was at work one day. That was when I was 19. Time to go I guess.🤔🤷‍♂️🤣
Sorry to hear that. My condolences. That was pretty poor treatment of you by your father in my opinion.

The relationship with my biological father wasn't great when I was young, but it's back on track now.

Hmm. The subtle art of persuasion. In my mid twenties, I was 6 foot and 200lb. I could curl 25kg dumbbells and my friends were - quite arguably - proper badass.

Now I'm older, I'm 6 foot, 230lb and although reasonably fit for my age, I can't curl 25kg!! Or bench 110kg. Nope.

I do a fair amount of 'pursuading' as part of my work with local government. Mostly, it's civil - but sometimes it's perilous.

KnowAir is a gent - there's little we'd differ on and I'd not be in a rush to wrestle, either! 😅

Sorry to hear that. My condolences. That was pretty poor treatment of you by your father in my opinion.

The relationship with my biological father wasn't great when I was young, but it's back on track now.

Hmm. The subtle art of persuasion. In my mid twenties, I was 6 foot and 200lb. I could curl 25kg dumbbells and my friends were - quite arguably - proper badass.

Now I'm older, I'm 6 foot, 230lb and although reasonably fit for my age, I can't curl 25kg!! Or bench 110kg. Nope.

I do a fair amount of 'pursuading' as part of my work with local government. Mostly, it's civil - but sometimes it's perilous.

KnowAir is a gent - there's little we'd differ on and I'd not be in a rush to wrestle, either! 😅
Thanks! Yeah, not sure why, but my father and I could never connect. I have/had brothers and sisters on both sides. Meaning my father had 2 sons and a daughter from his first marriage, and my mother had one son from her first. I'm the youngest. None of my siblings ever had a good relationship with my father. He was just a miserable SOB. Feels bad but, what can you do? I did see him just a few weeks before he passed, was nice even though brief. I think it put him at ease to see I was doing well. I'm okay with that.
Just to clarify, I wasn't "flexing" by any means, there's always someone bigger right? LOL
@Horatio is like a brother from a another mother (and father)👍👌😁🍻

Oh, and I just got my yearly physical..290lb now..good gawd, I gotta check myself!!😔😜

Thanks! Yeah, not sure why, but my father and I could never connect. I have/had brothers and sisters on both sides. Meaning my father had 2 sons and a daughter from his first marriage, and my mother had one son from her first. I'm the youngest. None of my siblings ever had a good relationship with my father. He was just a miserable SOB. Feels bad but, what can you do? I did see him just a few weeks before he passed, was nice even though brief. I think it put him at ease to see I was doing well. I'm okay with that.
Just to clarify, I wasn't "flexing" by any means, there's always someone bigger right? LOL

Oh, and I just got my yearly physical..290lb now..good gawd, I gotta check myself!!😔😜
Thanks, bro! 💪

Yeah, sometimes parents are weird. Even before they get old. 🤣

My wife and I joined the gym and play squash regularly. It makes a huge difference. We also really like hiking. 😁

PXL_20230813_155723160.jpg

I'm watching what I eat (and what I don't) and making an effort to stay strong.

This year, we have 2 X country MTB's to throw into the mix as well. Keeping fit and healthy is important. It's not possible to enjoy hobbies if you're plumbed into a hospital bed. 😬

Thanks, bro! 💪

Yeah, sometimes parents are weird. Even before they get old. 🤣

My wife and I joined the gym and play squash regularly. It makes a huge difference. We also really like hiking. 😁

View attachment 5218
I'm watching what I eat (and what I don't) and making an effort to stay strong.

This year, we have 2 X country MTB's to throw into the mix as well. Keeping fit and healthy is important. It's not possible to enjoy hobbies if you're plumbed into a hospital bed. 😬
Yeah buddy! Parents are weird, just ask my kids, LOL!! They've flown the coop now, they're 25 and 30 years old. We're waiting for grandbabies to spoil !! 😜
Good for you, that's what's missing for my wife and I, exercise.. maybe we can get on track this year.

Funnily enough, I'm still required to do a fair bit of 'convincing' in my current line of duty, even in my old age. 🤣😝

@KnowAir - love child, eh! That really must have been the talk of the street. 👍

Oh I believe it. Stupidity or foolishness is never held back by age, caste, ethnicity or gender.

I've had to do some "convincing" before, and I was already getting long in the tooth. Thankfully the past several years have been mostly quiet. 😬

Ah yes, the women. :oops: In 95 I was lovestruck. 5'9", 265lbs with a 300lb bench and 500lb squat, meaner on the football field than a grizzly with its butt on fire and torches in its ears. Put her next to me, though...and I'm putty. 🤦‍♂️ Fast forward to today, I'm much more streamlined at 218. :D

Dang. Sorry to hear about that. I've had my fallings out with my parents, but thankfully I was able to get it sorted.

Aye...about the only thing I'm curling nowadays is either a fork or a spoon. Or a diet soda. :LOL:

Last edited:

True...there's always someone who's gonna have less restraint. Hopefully we never have to run into them. Although I was tempted one night when some D.A. nearly hit me when I had my newborn in the car. My family never saw me explode like that. 😕 Thankfully I was able to reign myself in before I did anything foolish.

and 290? Not too bad...there's still work to be done but it's not as monumental. At my heaviest, I was over 400lbs. 😳 That was a little over a decade ago; I kept on chipping at it and got to where I am now. Strangely enough, it feels like I noticed more of old injuries the lighter I got. 🤦‍♂️

Back