Shocking shock oil 😲

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffwazz

Reaction score
Time to change and refresh. I've had a year of just topping up oils if needed, but as I've gone for a heavier 1000wt, time to drain and clean.
IMG_20240131_203630_811.jpg

Looks a lot, but it's only about 30ml to refill all 4 shocks.

lol, I’ve got a few that need to be done as well! I’ll be sure to send them your way! 🤣🤣🤣

Time to change and refresh. I've had a year of just topping up oils if needed, but as I've gone for a heavier 1000wt, time to drain and clean.
View attachment 5189
Looks a lot, but it's only about 30ml to refill all 4 shocks.
Looks delicious!😜🤣
I don't have a routine. My stuff gets topped off infinitely, or until a failure requires me to dump the jizz. Or tuning..

Hrmm...I just redid the shock oil in my Python, Kronos, Shogun and EB48.3. The Python oil was scary. Almost as red as the dirt I run on. The EB48.3 was pretty dirty as well, but that oil has been in there for over a year.

Now I have a ET48.3 that's gonna need some shock work. I also have an MT410 that I was supposed to convert into a ET48.3, but I'm still debating on whether or not to do the conversion or just break it down into a 500+ dollar pile of parts. Either which way I go, I'll have those shocks and diffs that I'll need to work on as well. 😩

Hrmm...I just redid the shock oil in my Python, Kronos, Shogun and EB48.3. The Python oil was scary. Almost as red as the dirt I run on. The EB48.3 was pretty dirty as well, but that oil has been in there for over a year.

Now I have a ET48.3 that's gonna need some shock work. I also have an MT410 that I was supposed to convert into a ET48.3, but I'm still debating on whether or not to do the conversion or just break it down into a 500+ dollar pile of parts. Either which way I go, I'll have those shocks and diffs that I'll need to work on as well. 😩
I converted my MT410 to ET48. I just wanted something that would handle better. That it does, no ragrets there! Also have an SCT410.3 that I think should be a buggy instead. That'll take more funds to do though..

Looks delicious!😜🤣
I don't have a routine. My stuff gets topped off infinitely, or until a failure requires me to dump the jizz. Or tuning..
Hey KA,

How hard was the 410 conversion? I can get a slightly used 410 for a great price from a local guy, but I was already planning on ordering a new et48.2 now you have made me stop and think for a minute. Your far familiar with Tekno than I am so I figured that you would have an opinion.

Thanks,

-CCB

Hey KA,

How hard was the 410 conversion? I can get a slightly used 410 for a great price from a local guy, but I was already planning on ordering a new et48.2 now you have made me stop and think for a minute. Your far familiar with Tekno than I am so I figured that you would have an opinion.

Thanks,

-CCB
I took the minimalist approach. Which only requires ET48.3 chassis,rear driveshaft, rear chassis brace. Around $125 worth of parts IIRC. There may be differences in front C hubs, shocks that I'm not sure of. I use it way more as an ET than I did as an MT. I like track style rigs vs freestyle.

I made a rear chassis brace instead of buying it. I used a piece of aluminum from a Tmaxx chassis I had laying around. It ties the rear gearbox to the center diff and motor mount. Also I used a combination of Arrma Mojave mounts and posts attached through unused shock mounting holes in the towers. Topped it off with a TC Punisher body. Oh, and a Tekno rear wing mount and HB racing rear wing. So, I guess it was more than $125.. more like $175. I picked the Mojo body mounts, wing and Punisher body from Jenny's for fairly cheap. Like $30 (body).
I initially bought the wrong wing mount. I bought the one for the ET48 2.0. Doesn't fit, huh.🤣 I'll see if I can find the correct part number if you need it. That's if you want a wing. Some prefer a truck look over truggy.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
That’s awesome! It almost looks like that’s the way it should’ve been designed to begin with! Very nice! I bet it handles like a champ as well!

That’s awesome! It almost looks like that’s the way it should’ve been designed to begin with! Very nice! I bet it handles like a champ as well!
It's my best handling rig. Really impressed with it. I have no actual racing experience or race rigs.

Started out with a BLX185 combo when I built it. Then TC 6s combo, now TC esc and Tenshock 2200kv motor. It's pretty fast on 4s, 18t pinion.

I converted my MT410 to ET48. I just wanted something that would handle better. That it does, no ragrets there! Also have an SCT410.3 that I think should be a buggy instead. That'll take more funds to do though..

It'll be roughly around the same that you spent to convert the MT.

17mm hubs (most expensive) and wheel nuts
Body mounts
Wing mounts and wing (with hardware)
Front bumper (revised version)
1/8 buggy wheels

I think you'll be quite pleased with it. I have another 410.3 that bought for SC racing, but I think I'm gonna convert it instead.

It's my best handling rig. Really impressed with it. I have no actual racing experience or race rigs.

Started out with a BLX185 combo when I built it. Then TC 6s combo, now TC esc and Tenshock 2200kv motor. It's pretty fast on 4s, 18t pinion.

Well, I guess that settles that then. Looks like I'll convert the MT. Gonna cost another 200 bucks, but oh well.

And yes, sorry Jeff for the tangent. ✌️😬

And I just realized; Jeff you're in the UK, yes? Thats meant as the "Peace" sign, not the more vulgar interpretation. Just wanted to make sure I clarified that. :oops:

Last edited:
That’s kinda what I figured. I like to Frankenstein things up a bit as well so it might be a fun conversion. I don’t ever see Tekno prices change much anymore so I’m assuming I can pick up another et48 at any point for roughly its current price but I can get the 410 for a really good price. It’s honestly not the $$$, as much as I like wrenching so I may go that route.

I'd snatch up that MT410, CCB. The new 2.0 has replaced it, and its smaller. :confused:

I got mine used at a slightly higher price than I wanted to pay, but I wasn't seeing any 48.3s showing up anywhere.

Of course, after I bought the MT410, two 48.3s appeared. Go figure. 🤦‍♂️

There's one on ebay right now, if the auction didn't end. I was tempted to pick it up, but I remembered Valentine's day is right around the corner.

We gotta be smart. 😬

I'd snatch up that MT410, CCB. The new 2.0 has replaced it, and its smaller. :confused:

I got mine used at a slightly higher price than I wanted to pay, but I wasn't seeing any 48.3s showing up anywhere.

Of course, after I bought the MT410, two 48.3s appeared. Go figure. 🤦‍♂️
Was gonna say the same about the MT410. Not dissing the new one, just much different from the previous version.

That’s kinda what I figured. I like to Frankenstein things up a bit as well so it might be a fun conversion. I don’t ever see Tekno prices change much anymore so I’m assuming I can pick up another et48 at any point for roughly its current price but I can get the 410 for a really good price. It’s honestly not the $$$, as much as I like wrenching so I may go that route.
Get it before they're gone.. one thing I like about my converted ET48 is knowing how quick and easy it is to convert back to MT410. Same for the SCT410 to EB48SL..

@KnowAir - you're busy snow bashing lately! 🤩👍 I subbed to your channel once already - but YT unsubscribed me...🤔🤬 So, subbed again.😁

Can we do requests? 😎💪

@KnowAir - you're busy snow bashing lately! 🤩👍 I subbed to your channel once already - but YT unsubscribed me...🤔🤬 So, subbed again.😁

Can we do requests? 😎💪
Hell yeah! I can try. What we talking about? Thanks for the sub. Maybe one day I will have an ability to actually edit videos. LOL.

Back