Shocking shock oil 😲

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah! I can try. What we talking about? Thanks for the sub. Maybe one day I will have an ability to actually edit videos. LOL.
I like your videos just as they are. It's just like being there and having a chat.

Something like a cross between RC and Jackanory. I find it extremely therapeutic actually. 👍 I've watched quite a few of your videos lately and I like the fact you're out there ripping these things around in the wilderness, jumping snow ramps and retrieving them in your slippers! 💪😝

YouTube need to stop stealing your subscribers though.

Some more ET48 footage would be cool!

And your Kraton 1/5th scale!! 👍👍😎

I like your videos just as they are. It's just like being there and having a chat.

Something like a cross between RC and Jackanory. I find it extremely therapeutic actually. 👍 I've watched quite a few of your videos lately and I like the fact you're out there ripping these things around in the wilderness, jumping snow ramps and retrieving them in your slippers! 💪😝

YouTube need to stop stealing your subscribers though.

Some more ET48 footage would be cool!

And your Kraton 1/5th scale!! 👍👍😎
Thanks! My bro is on his way out today. Hoping we can get some good footage. I generally don't bring the Tekno's out in the snow, K8S hasn't seen snow yet either. Maybe today, we'll see. Thanks for the kind words brother.👍🍻

Thanks! My bro is on his way out today. Hoping we can get some good footage. I generally don't bring the Tekno's out in the snow, K8S hasn't seen snow yet either. Maybe today, we'll see. Thanks for the kind words brother.👍🍻
I like your vids. I was getting them on my home page until YT deleted you from my subs list. 🤷

Now I've subbed you (for the 3rd time), they're there again, and in the evening when I put YT on I see your latest snow bash sessions!

Loving that firm, snow surface! 🤩

And it's the next best thing to blasting my own rigs around. Haven't been out in weeks now, due to numerous reasons.

PXL_20240127_190520748.jpg

Had a couple of gigs in Cardiff and replaced my aging kick pedal with this awesome mapex twin setup.

I like your vids. I was getting them on my home page until YT deleted you from my subs list. 🤷

Now I've subbed you (for the 3rd time), they're there again, and in the evening when I put YT on I see your latest snow bash sessions!

Loving that firm, snow surface! 🤩

And it's the next best thing to blasting my own rigs around. Haven't been out in weeks now, due to numerous reasons.

View attachment 5201

Had a couple of gigs in Cardiff and replaced my aging kick pedal with this awesome mapex twin setup.
Things didn't go well for my bro yesterday. I ran 5 rigs, he ran 2, broke the Maxx. The O8S he had the paddles on, between snow being a bit too deep, and his lack of patience he gave up on it. So I put the paddles on my Xmaxx. Wish I got the first run on vid while the sun was out. The crusty ice and snow roosts were awesome.
I'm so jealous of ya! Playing drums in a band?! Super cool, i have always dreamed of playing the drums. Wifey and I went out with friends to dinner and a benefit concert Friday night. Southern rock was the theme, they did pretty good. Was their first live gig.Had a good time.

Things didn't go well for my bro yesterday. I ran 5 rigs, he ran 2, broke the Maxx. The O8S he had the paddles on, between snow being a bit too deep, and his lack of patience he gave up on it. So I put the paddles on my Xmaxx. Wish I got the first run on vid while the sun was out. The crusty ice and snow roosts were awesome.
I'm so jealous of ya! Playing drums in a band?! Super cool, i have always dreamed of playing the drums. Wifey and I went out with friends to dinner and a benefit concert Friday night. Southern rock was the theme, they did pretty good. Was their first live gig.Had a good time.
Don't just dream - you live out in the sticks and won't upset anyone while you practice - go ahead and buy a set of drums! It probably won't result in divorce. 😝

It's therapy. Electronic ones are decent too and can be plugged into earphones/cans.

Authentic, decent 5 piece kits can be had for about £300 secondhand.

1000015570.png

This Tama Rockstar kit - with hardware - just sold for £200!!!!!

a very good friend of mine has a drum set. One night I asked him if I could try them out.

10 minutes later both he and his wife said I really sucked. :(

Guess I'll stick to "Rockband". Seems to be just as fun, I don't need earplugs and rarely do I get booed. 😑

a very good friend of mine has a drum set. One night I asked him if I could try them out.

Guess I'll stick to "Rockband". Seems to be just as fun, I don't need earplugs and rarely do I get booed. 😑
Don't be disheartened. Acoustic drums played on their own are rarely appreciated. Drummers are thick skinned and won't let it stop them from driving the band.

Contrary to popular belief, playing drums is highly technical and requires some study to get good. It isn't simply a matter of randomly battering things. 🤩

Drum rudiments require separate practice, away from the band. Limb independance is the first thing that drummers have to learn into their memory muscle.

Even when you get good, the majority of people only really appreciate your drum track as part of a full soundscape.

Yeah, that'd be me too.
My brother has played guitar since we were kids, now in our 50's. He's tried to get me playing guitar but, I never had the patience. Plus we don't get along that well that I want to spend hours on end with him,LOL.
I would like to try drums but, I know there's so much to it. Plus, I'm broke already, last thing I need now is another hobby that costs money..

Honestly guys - drums are normally self taught and whilst it can be as technical as you like, you can base most of your first years' licks around the good ol' 4-4 rock beat.

The tricky stuff is learnt over time and there are excellent tutorials on YouTube now.

To be honest, you can learn patterns with just 1 pair of sticks and a couple of practice pads.

Or tapping out grooves to your favourite tunes on your sofa.

Before you know it...

Screenshot_20240206-170402.png

PXL_20231111_194313093.jpg

PXL_20231103_194511368.jpg

20161030_095445_HDR.jpg

In 95, I played at Glastonbury in this band of reprobates. I'm the guy who can't afford a shirt..😝

Honestly guys - drums are normally self taught and whilst it can be as technical as you like, you can base most of your first years' licks around the good ol' 4-4 rock beat.

The tricky stuff is learnt over time and there are excellent tutorials on YouTube now.

To be honest, you can learn patterns with just 1 pair of sticks and a couple of practice pads.

Before you know it...

View attachment 5212
View attachment 5213
View attachment 5214
View attachment 5215
In 95, I played at Glastonbury in this band of reprobates. I'm the guy who can't afford a shirt..😝
So..you had groupies?! Oh man!! Sweet!😎🤘🤣🤣

So..you had groupies?! Oh man!! Sweet!😎🤘🤣🤣
Good grief, yes. 😝 Glastonbury was very interesting. So were the Latrines. And the 'field of tranquility', which was basically an orgy. 🤣

I vividly remember PJ Harvey's set - her pink catsuit was really quite something, as was her song 'Down by the water'.

During our set, a lady in the crowd laid on the floor and openly.....well, you know...did things to herself!! 😅

Good grief, yes. 😝 Glastonbury was very interesting. So were the Latrines. And the 'field of tranquility', which was basically an orgy. 🤣

I vividly remember PJ Harvey's set - her pink catsuit was really quite something, as was her song 'Down by the water'.

During our set, a lady in the crowd laid on the floor and openly.....well, you know...did things to herself!! 😅
Cool! I had to look up who PJ Harvey is, LOL. I listen to some alternative here and there. I see 311 and The Offspring were there that year. Always liked The Offspring myself. Quite an event I see. I wish I had gone to Woodstock 99 myself, well sort of. It turned into quite a mess actually.

No complaints here! It's turned into a bit of a cosy "down the pub" chat 🍻
Indeed! I wish we weren't so far apart from one another geographically!😁🍻

Last edited:
Don't be disheartened. Acoustic drums played on their own are rarely appreciated. Drummers are thick skinned and won't let it stop them from driving the band.

Contrary to popular belief, playing drums is highly technical and requires some study to get good. It isn't simply a matter of randomly battering things. 🤩

Drum rudiments require separate practice, away from the band. Limb independance is the first thing that drummers have to learn into their memory muscle.

Even when you get good, the majority of people only really appreciate your drum track as part of a full soundscape.

Yeeeaaah...there's only one limb that seems to exercise independence over here, unfortunately. 🤦‍♂️ Has good muscle memory, though.

I've since resigned myself to the notion that drums are not for me and should be left to people that are more apt. My son seems to be a bit proficient with them, so if anything I'll live vicariously through him. When I was in college, I actually played in a band for a short while. Played the bass guitar, so I was always trying to keep in rhythm with our drummer, who was a huge muscular Thai dude. Super cool guy. He had a rottweiler/pitbull mix he called Satan. That dog's head was over 12 inches across. :oops:

Heheh...randomly battering things. I like that. I'll put that in my bag of quick quips.

Yeah, that'd be me too.
My brother has played guitar since we were kids, now in our 50's. He's tried to get me playing guitar but, I never had the patience. Plus we don't get along that well that I want to spend hours on end with him,LOL.
I would like to try drums but, I know there's so much to it. Plus, I'm broke already, last thing I need now is another hobby that costs money..

Guitar is more my thing. Been playing for awhile, but nothing serious. Just backyard BBQ kind where they ask if I know this song and I say "Oh yeah, I remember that song! Yeah, sorry, no I don't know how to play that." Lol.

Before you know it...

View attachment 5212
View attachment 5213
View attachment 5214
View attachment 5215

I was gonna say...you look absolutely ravishing in that leopard print. 😆 But it appears you're the cheeky barbarian. If I came across you back then I'd probably say"Horatio? More like Horat-nope" and do my best not to make eye contact with you. 😁

I'm not sure I can graduate to full on drums, but lemme tell you: I can do some mean finger-rapping on my steering wheel. 😆

Last edited:
Yeeeaaah...there's only one limb that seems to exercise independence over here, unfortunately. 🤦‍♂️ Has good muscle memory, though.

I've since resigned myself to the notion that drums are not for me and should be left to people that are more apt. My son seems to be a bit proficient with them, so if anything I'll live vicariously through him. When I was in college, I actually played in a band for a short while. Played the bass guitar, so I was always trying to keep in rhythm with our drummer, who was a huge muscular Thai dude. Super cool guy. He had a rottweiler/pitbull mix he called Satan. That dog's head was over 12 inches across. :oops:

Heheh...randomly battering things. I like that. I'll put that in my bag of quick quips.

Guitar is more my thing. Been playing for awhile, but nothing serious. Just backyard BBQ kind where they ask if I know this song and I say "Oh yeah, I remember that song! Yeah, sorry, no I don't know how to play that." Lol.

I was gonna say...you look absolutely ravishing in that leopard print. 😆 But it appears you're the cheeky barbarian. If I came across you back then I'd probably say"Horatio? More like Horat-nope" and do my best not to make eye contact with you. 😁

I'm not sure I can graduate to full on drums, but lemme tell you: I can do some mean finger-rapping on my steering wheel. 😆
Air drumming is the best! 🤩

Whilst I am descended from literally the worst viking lineage from Sweden (that settled in Dublin during the height of the European slave trade😬), you'll be relieved to hear that I'm not the dreadlocked fella in that photo that was giving you the Heebie-jeebies.

I'm the skint guy that couldn't afford a shirt, with his navel on show! 😝

Whilst I am descended from literally the worst viking lineage from Sweden (that settled in Dublin during the height of the European slave trade😬), you'll be relieved to hear that I'm not the dreadlocked fella in that photo that was giving you the Heebie-jeebies.

I'm too sexy for my shirt?😜🤣🤣🍻

Aye...the cheeky barbarian who looks like he might be inclined to convince you of his opinion using that monstrous belt buckle. I'm only a lover...not a fighter. :ROFLMAO:

Interesting info about your lineage. I'm a pure-bred mutt; whatever DNA was left in the past has been muddled with just about everything that could possibly come down the line. Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, etc.

We were a wayfaring, peace-loving folk. 😅

I'm too sexy for my shirt?😜🤣🤣🍻

But does it hurt? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Aye...the cheeky barbarian who looks like he might be inclined to convince you of his opinion using that monstrous belt buckle.
Oh, I was thinking he was a Dale Jr fan?🤷‍♂️😉
We were a wayfaring, peace-loving folk.
Me too.. I'm a love child..mommy and daddy lived 3 doors down from one another, still with their first husband and wife when I was concieved.🤣🤣

Oh, I was thinking he was a Dale Jr fan?🤷‍♂️😉
Me too.. I'm a love child..mommy and daddy lived 3 doors down from one another, still with their first husband and wife when I was concieved.🤣🤣

😆 And I'd bet he would be able to convince you! (Jk Horatio 😁)

Wow...that must have been quite the connection! :D

😆 And I'd bet he would be able to convince you! (Jk Horatio 😁)

Wow...that must have been quite the connection! :D
Funnily enough, I'm still required to do a fair bit of 'convincing' in my current line of duty, even in my old age. 🤣😝

@KnowAir - love child, eh! That really must have been the talk of the street. 👍

Back