New Motor from TC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run similarly, most of the time it's my brother and I running around a track at my house. I have ramps, but only use them when I get bored of running around the track solo. Gets too expensive launching them off the ramps for my wallet.
I left my MT410 towers on when I converted to ET. Why would you need to change? Nothing different in that regard between ET and MT? Just the wheelbase that changes. The MT410 is a helluva stunt truck, but very inadequate on a track. Nearly impossible to put the power down effectively, and the straight line stability is poor. Then there's on throttle steering.. my ET is easily my favorite rig, even though mine isn't a pure breed.

Come to think of it, I guess the ET shocks are likely laid over a bit more than MT? For my use I can't justify buying ET towers, then the shocks may very well be different lengths also..nah. I won't be going down that rabbit hole, LOL.

Yeah, I'm not too much of a fan of the big sends anymore. Before I used to be, but now I'm more about getting that sweet landing on the backside of the jump and then flooring it to the next turn. I think I saw your MT conversion; I was doing a bunch of research on how to do it. If there were some way I could leave the MT towers on and keep the body lower and closer to the chassis, then I definitely would leave the MT towers on.

Its possible that there may be some differences in geometry with the MT and ET shock towers. As for the shocks, though; they're exactly the same. Even down to the springs. Interesting tidbit: the MT410 and the 48.3 have the same shocks and shock springs (green all around). The 48 2.0 uses yellow springs all around.

I literally can't hide anything from my missus. She can 'smell' new RC purchase. Or even parts.

The Sworkz was quite controversial for a while. But, you know, I don't drink (much!), smoke or take trips away to play with hookers, so ya' know - on balance.....😅🤞

Spot on. My old lady seems like she doesn't pay attention, and then bam! Where'd that come from? When did you buy this? She likes to tell me that my hobbies are so expensive. I haven't said it yet, but in my head sometimes I think "Well, I could sell all my hobby stuff and then go back to smoking, going out to the bars and drinking." I'll bet she won't be satisfied with that answer either. :confused:

I probably won't mention the hookers though. Man's gotta know how to pick and choose his battles. 😳:LOL:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣,………….thats my reasoning as well!

I tell my wife the exact same thing! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I earn a great living but I do work very hard. I’m all about the family and that’s first for me but I have to have some fun as well.

I make sure the bills are paid, the kids are very well taken care of, there’s plenty food, etc, etc, etc. I don’t even complain about the clothing and credit card bills and I have 2 school age daughters in addition to my lovely wife and let me tell you, they know swipe, tap, and pay for stuff like professionals. Anyway, I just pay them and move on. I work out daily. I don’t smoke, I rarely drink, no drugs, although I probably would not pass up a decent joint if it came my way. I have little time for gambling and zero interest in hookers, I work way too hard for my money for that crap. I sold my last motorcycle when my oldest daughter was born because they frightened my wife so my last vestige of my youth is rc’s and and fast cars.

A simple man, my rc’s and my Audi S6, both can instantly put a smile on my face.

She is fully aware of the fact that you will have to pry my S6 fob outta my cold dead hands to get it away from me so she just kinda lets rc stuff slide as long as I don’t go nuts.

Aye...funny how that works out. I usually don't have her buy me things; whatever I want I usually get on my own. She did help me with my Busa, but she essentially didn't pay for anything. I was the one making the payments.

You won't hear her complaining about me spending money on her and the boys though. :unsure: I don't even hear "hey, why don't we skip dinner out this week so you can save up a little." Nope. Dinner? Oh how nice!

I used to drink and smoke before, but no more. Now it's just vaping. The hobbies I have are just to kinda keep the mind from going overload.

No purchases get past my wife's eyes, well nothing big, over say $100. LOL Sadly, over a hundred is big in our budget. Our finaces are shared acrossed the board essentially. I'm at the low end of the economic scale. By intention. I have no desire to worry about work, or what may or may not get done after my shift. To me, that's priceless. Paycheck to paycheck. We raised 2 girls, put them through school, weddings..still paying for it 5 years later, and will continue to for another 5 to 10.. my philosophy is, no retirement, work till I die. Our leaders have made sure of that. Most die after they stop working anyway, I'd prefer to enjoy life while I'm able bodied. I drink occasionally, social gatherings, so about 3 times a year, which is how often I feel sociable. I do enjoy some sticky icky from time to time, but the last was at least a year ago. Rc's are my only real hobby. Workout, never, eat well? Well, I'm a good eater, that's for sure!!🤣🤣
Watching my mother die from cancer for 10 years as a kid didn't do much for my outlook on life, having a father who seemed to hate his own didn't shine much light either, LOL. My brother and I were worthless pigs, dad's words. Well, my bro is an alcoholic and I got hooked on cigs, pot and booze early on, I shed most of the bad habits.. now vaping for the last 6 years. Better than smoking I think, and certainly better than being a miserable SOB like my father!!🤘👊

My problem is that I can be honest to a fault. I can sneak purchases by, but l usually end up telling her that I picked something up. We also live paycheck to paycheck, so sometimes it can be kinda rough, although I usually have a little bit of cushion. Well, maybe not cushion. Maybe more of wearing two extra pairs of shorts. Sorry to hear about the parentals; at least you're breaking that cycle. (y)

I hear ya KA, I think on some level most of us, even if it’s a small amount, are carrying around some form of damage due to circumstances in our lives, myself included. I struggled with life a fair amount as a young man mostly to circumstances beyond my control but once I was on my feet I pretty much, well try anyway, to be simply be a good person and treat people better than the treatment that I received. I had many years of paycheck to paycheck and to this day, I will still catch myself checking my balance before walking into the grocery store. Old habits die hard.

Agreed. Some way, shape or form most all of us carry some kind of trauma. And I hear you about the balance checking. I still do that to this day. I don't walk around with a calculator anymore, though. Shoot...those times were rough. I remember eating pudding for dinner back then; 79 cents a box that I could portion into two. Order a 10 dollar pizza and make that last for 4 days. 😳

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not too much of a fan of the big sends anymore. Before I used to be, but now I'm more about getting that sweet landing on the backside of the jump and then flooring it to the next turn. I think I saw your MT conversion; I was doing a bunch of research on how to do it. If there were some way I could leave the MT towers on and keep the body lower and closer to the chassis, then I definitely would leave the MT towers on.

Its possible that there may be some differences in geometry with the MT and ET shock towers. As for the shocks, though; they're exactly the same. Even down to the springs. Interesting tidbit: the MT410 and the 48.3 have the same shocks and shock springs (green all around). The 48 2.0 uses yellow springs all around.

Spot on. My old lady seems like she doesn't pay attention, and then bam! Where'd that come from? When did you buy this? She likes to tell me that my hobbies are so expensive. I haven't said it yet, but in my head sometimes I think "Well, I could sell all my hobby stuff and then go back to smoking, going out to the bars and drinking." I'll bet she won't be satisfied with that answer either. :confused:

I probably won't mention the hookers though. Man's gotta know how to pick and choose his battles. 😳:LOL:

Aye...funny how that works out. I usually don't have her buy me things; whatever I want I usually get on my own. She did help me with my Busa, but she essentially didn't pay for anything. I was the one making the payments.

You won't hear her complaining about me spending money on her and the boys though. :unsure: I don't even hear "hey, why don't we skip dinner out this week so you can save up a little." Nope. Dinner? Oh how nice!

I used to drink and smoke before, but no more. Now it's just vaping. The hobbies I have are just to kinda keep the mind from going overload.

My problem is that I can be honest to a fault. I can sneak purchases by, but l usually end up telling her that I picked something up. We also live paycheck to paycheck, so sometimes it can be kinda rough, although I usually have a little bit of cushion. Well, maybe not cushion. Maybe more of wearing two extra pairs of shorts. Sorry to hear about the parentals; at least you're breaking that cycle. (y)

Agreed. Some way, shape or form most all of us carry some kind of trauma. And I hear you about the balance checking. I still do that to this day. I don't walk around with a calculator anymore, though. Shoot...those times were rough. I remember eating pudding for dinner back then; 79 cents a box that I could portion into two. Order a 10 dollar pizza and make that last for 4 days. 😳
With regard to the ET/MT shock differences, the ET shocks do have aluminum caps, adjusters and I believe maybe aluminum cartridge caps. All of which are plastic on the MT shocks. No performance advantages perhaps, but definitely better in terms of durability.
As for the body mounts, I do imagine the ET towers are indeed lower, especially the front. I wasn't concerned for my use. The TC Punisher body is showing some wear these days for sure, mostly from door banging with my brother on the track. Maybe trying just the front ET tower would suffice to get a race body on? Wish JRC was carrying Tekno stuff when the 48.3 was current. They have a pretty good supply of 2.0 and 2.1 kit parts though. I highly doubt the 2.0 towers will work on a 48.3 model.

My problem is that I can be honest to a fault.
You and me both brother! I can't lie to my wife, even when I've tried..she always knows!!
I have found it's soo much easier to ask forgiveness than permission!!😉😜

Last edited:
All the talk about conversions has me thinking..could I convert my sct410.3 into a mt410 2.0 (ish)? The sct410 is a fine machine, built like a tank, but I don't get the enjoyment I was hoping for from it. The small tires and relatively light weight combined with the rough terrain I run on has the truck a bit overwhelmed most of the time. Bouncing and usually ending up on it's lid alot. Plus my brother refuses to buy an sct.. what a jerk! Has 2 E Revo 2.0's though? Like that makes ANY sense? 🤷‍♂️🤔🤣
I think essentially all I really need to do is change tires, body and gearing? I do wonder what the length of the 2.0 arms are compared to the sct410.3. I guess that's a Tekno question, I may have to ask over there.
I do think I would get more use of it as an MT. All I really need is the body, I got tires out the buttocks..hmm.

With regard to the ET/MT shock differences, the ET shocks do have aluminum caps, adjusters and I believe maybe aluminum cartridge caps. All of which are plastic on the MT shocks. No performance advantages perhaps, but definitely better in terms of durability.
As for the body mounts, I do imagine the ET towers are indeed lower, especially the front. I wasn't concerned for my use. The TC Punisher body is showing some wear these days for sure, mostly from door banging with my brother on the track. Maybe trying just the front ET tower would suffice to get a race body on? Wish JRC was carrying Tekno stuff when the 48.3 was current. They have a pretty good supply of 2.0 and 2.1 kit parts though. I highly doubt the 2.0 towers will work on a 48.3 model.

You and me both brother! I can't lie to my wife, even when I've tried..she always knows!!
I have found it's soo much easier to ask forgiveness than permission!!😉😜

Yes, you are correct. The MT has plastic caps and collars. The ET has the alu caps and collars. The ET body mounts are lower on the shock tower, where on the MT version there's just a open space on the rear. I can't recall the front. Using just the ET tower in the rear would be a budget friendly solution, but would probably increase the parachute effect since the front of the body would be higher than the rear. As for the 2.0 shock towers, the shape seems to be different from the .3, so I'm skeptical about the compatibility.

And lol...isn't it, though? Mine is already learning my evil ways; I've already made the mental note that whatever I purchase is now no more 150 bucks. 250 if it was expensive. And I always leave out shipping costs. :ROFLMAO:

All the talk about conversions has me thinking..could I convert my sct410.3 into a mt410 2.0 (ish)? The sct410 is a fine machine, built like a tank, but I don't get the enjoyment I was hoping for from it. The small tires and relatively light weight combined with the rough terrain I run on has the truck a bit overwhelmed most of the time. Bouncing and usually ending up on it's lid alot. Plus my brother refuses to buy an sct.. what a jerk! Has 2 E Revo 2.0's though? Like that makes ANY sense? 🤷‍♂️🤔🤣
I think essentially all I really need to do is change tires, body and gearing? I do wonder what the length of the 2.0 arms are compared to the sct410.3. I guess that's a Tekno question, I may have to ask over there.
I do think I would get more use of it as an MT. All I really need is the body, I got tires out the buttocks..hmm.

An interesting proposition. I haven't looked too much into the MT2.0; once I heard it was smaller I lost interest in it. Even the new SCT410SL, since it seems to share it's platform and a bunch of parts with the new ET410. I'd think that the very least that would need to be done for the conversion would be cvds and axles (if they use 12-14mm hexes as opposed to 17) as well as arms. You can also make the suspension softer so that it can handle the bumps a bit better at speed, or you can replace the stub axles and hexes so that you can run 1/8 buggy tires to help with the terrain. Or you can find a cheap E Revo to run with your brother. :LOL:

Also of note is that if you do plan on bigger MT tires, you may want to replace the diff pins in your 410.3. They're a one piece plastic configuration and have been known to snap when paired with bigger tires and/or higher voltages. Just my roll of pennies. 😬

Last edited:
Looking at photos of both the MT and ET, there are definitely differences in the towers, but since the truggy body falls short of the rear tower, I think it's quite feasible to come up with mounts down low on the MT tower. It has one unused hole on both sides of the center opening. Just need to get rid of the plastic piece that goes over the tower for the MT body mounts. Then at the front you'll likely need to attach the posts through some unuesd upper shock mounting holes in the tower. Less than perfect, but that's the only way I know, LOL.
Wait, after looking at the MT rear tower again, those unused holes will be used for the wing mount I believe, those holes might have to pull double duty. Longer screws from the rear, through the wing mount, tower, and into the body mounts.. can work. Wing mount may be less durable though..
I did a quick mockup on the Sct410 last night with some DTX 2.8 MT tires. They rub the rear hub carriers. I'd have to either modify the carriers, or go with a bigger wheel than 2.8.
I am aware of the plastic cross pins. Funny, the MT410 2.0 uses plastic as well. I think the plastic will hold as long as I don't go over say 6" on tires. I mean, I'm only running 3-4s with a 3670 motor. Food for thought indeed. Thanks.
It does have 12mm hexes currently, but after seeing the 2.8 are an issue, I think a 17mm conversion is needed. Backflip LP's may work, really pushing it on size though. I bet some Maxx 4s tires would work well. As for the suspension arms, I really don't think the MT 2.0 are any longer than the sct arms. Keep in mind, this is going to be a 1/10, like the 2.0 is, not 1/9 like the OG MT410. Ihad that, good, but not as good as an ET48..There's research to be done..😁🍻

I was just comparing p/n for the 2.0 suspension arms, MT and SCT both use same arms front and rear.
I also know that since the v1 MT410 and sct410.3 use the same chassis, I could go full beefcake with chassis bracing, hinge pins, suspension blocks..ect since M2C has a full array of v1 MT410 upgrades. More food for thought..

Last edited:
Looking at photos of both the MT and ET, there are definitely differences in the towers, but since the truggy body falls short of the rear tower, I think it's quite feasible to come up with mounts down low on the MT tower. It has one unused hole on both sides of the center opening. Just need to get rid of the plastic piece that goes over the tower for the MT body mounts. Then at the front you'll likely need to attach the posts through some unuesd upper shock mounting holes in the tower. Less than perfect, but that's the only way I know, LOL.
Wait, after looking at the MT rear tower again, those unused holes will be used for the wing mount I believe, those holes might have to pull double duty. Longer screws from the rear, through the wing mount, tower, and into the body mounts.. can work. Wing mount may be less durable though..
I did a quick mockup on the Sct410 last night with some DTX 2.8 MT tires. They rub the rear hub carriers. I'd have to either modify the carriers, or go with a bigger wheel than 2.8.
I am aware of the plastic cross pins. Funny, the MT410 2.0 uses plastic as well. I think the plastic will hold as long as I don't go over say 6" on tires. I mean, I'm only running 3-4s with a 3670 motor. Food for thought indeed. Thanks.
It does have 12mm hexes currently, but after seeing the 2.8 are an issue, I think a 17mm conversion is needed. Backflip LP's may work, really pushing it on size though. I bet some Maxx 4s tires would work well. As for the suspension arms, I really don't think the MT 2.0 are any longer than the sct arms. Keep in mind, this is going to be a 1/10, like the 2.0 is, not 1/9 like the OG MT410. Ihad that, good, but not as good as an ET48..There's research to be done..😁🍻

I was just comparing p/n for the 2.0 suspension arms, MT and SCT both use same arms front and rear.
I also know that since the v1 MT410 and sct410.3 use the same chassis, I could go full beefcake with chassis bracing, hinge pins, suspension blocks..ect since M2C has a full array of v1 MT410 upgrades. More food for thought..

Oh? Now that's a novel approach! I didn't stop to think about doing it like that.

I'm not surprised about the MT2.0 using the plastic cross pins. I believe they started with the SCT410.3 (or possibly original) in an attempt to lighten up the driveline, so it was only natural that they followed over on the SCT410SL. It all looked and sounded good until I read that they were scaling down in size. So now the ET410, SCT410 and MT410 all seem to share a bunch of parts.

FWIW, I believe there was someone who made a truggified 410.3 over on the Tekno forums. Looked kinda interesting.

Oh? Now that's a novel approach! I didn't stop to think about doing it like that.

I'm not surprised about the MT2.0 using the plastic cross pins. I believe they started with the SCT410.3 (or possibly original) in an attempt to lighten up the driveline, so it was only natural that they followed over on the SCT410SL. It all looked and sounded good until I read that they were scaling down in size. So now the ET410, SCT410 and MT410 all seem to share a bunch of parts.

FWIW, I believe there was someone who made a truggified 410.3 over on the Tekno forums. Looked kinda interesting.
Yeah, looks like all the 1/10 scale Tekno's come with the plastic diff cross pins.. I started looking into upgrading until I realized we have to buy the internal gears also. Eh, might just as well run till broken? If they actually do break that is.
I did swap on a set of Duratrax 2.8 MT Six-Packs and a beat up Kaiju body on the SCT410.3. Ran several packs through it over the weekend. Ran great, I like it. The Six-Packs are on the small side for my liking, and the rear wheels do rub the rear hubs a bit. The Kaiju body fits well, though a tad wide. If I convert to 17mm hubs, that may give just a bit more width. Unfortunately I'm cash strapped at the moment so. Be a while before I can afford to buy anything rc related.
Till then, I'll run what I got.

I found a video on YT of some woodchuck who did a halfass conversion of an SCT410.3 to MT ..🤔

Yeah, looks like all the 1/10 scale Tekno's come with the plastic diff cross pins.. I started looking into upgrading until I realized we have to buy the internal gears also. Eh, might just as well run till broken? If they actually do break that is.
I did swap on a set of Duratrax 2.8 MT Six-Packs and a beat up Kaiju body on the SCT410.3. Ran several packs through it over the weekend. Ran great, I like it. The Six-Packs are on the small side for my liking, and the rear wheels do rub the rear hubs a bit. The Kaiju body fits well, though a tad wide. If I convert to 17mm hubs, that may give just a bit more width. Unfortunately I'm cash strapped at the moment so. Be a while before I can afford to buy anything rc related.
Till then, I'll run what I got.

Ah...yes, I forgot about that. Correct, you would also need to buy the gears. My EB48 is a SCT410.3 conversion, so I got the 17mm hubs and wider stub axles, as well as the upgraded metal cross pins and gears in all the diffs. She's a tank; so far the only thing I've broken is a steering knuckle, and that was after a rather impressively failed landing. I have another 410.3 that is awaiting conversion, but I'm also strapped pretty bad. Gonna take a little to rebuild the savings. 😩

I found a video on YT of some woodchuck who did a halfass conversion of an SCT410.3 to MT ..🤔

😅 Well, points to the woodchuck for creativity. In a bout of desperation I hatched a featherbrained plan to convert my 410.3 into a MT410 so that I could convert it into a ET48. I felt so proud of myself as I was going through all three manuals to compare parts and to grab part numbers.

It would have been cheaper to get a new MT410 (at the time it was $369) or just get a used ET48. Wasted about 4 hours of my time. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Back