New Motor from TC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sensored. Looks like the buggy is a 4072 and the truggy is a 4278. How come we (US market) don't get the snazzy stuff?

Rawr rawr Motor

ROAR, IFMAR, EFRA and BRCA compliant
Hey VT,

I saw something in these motors the other day as well, looks interesting but I wasn't able to find them in the US. Thought about ordering one and shipping it over to try one out. I usually don't mind being a guinea pig for electronics but I also figured that we will probably see them soon enough over here as well or see some feedback online. I may get one headed this way anyway, kinda curious at this point.

✌️

Looks like a replacement for the Dynotorq line of sensored motors, although they were 42x68 I believe. Buggy motors. I looked the Rycor up on TC website, they are only rated at 1750watts, but I think that's either being conservative or wrong altogether. IIRC, the Kuron 825 is 3000 or so watts?
https://corally.com/en/product/C-61322/team-corally-rycon-825-sensored-4-pole-1750kv

I did find this however, looks to be in the US.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/335238288860?hash=item4e0dc255dc:i:335238288860

I know I found them on one of the eu sites a few days back, there were 3-4 versions with different specs, all around $130 shipped USD. I assumed that this was just a natural progression from the Kuron's but I could be incorrect.

Sensored. Looks like the buggy is a 4072 and the truggy is a 4278. How come we (US market) don't get the snazzy stuff?

Rawr rawr Motor

ROAR, IFMAR, EFRA and BRCA compliant
We don't get the snazzy Corally-branded stuff here in the US because Corally doesn't have a huge market share. If you want a sensored system in the US, you have both Hobbywing and Castle sensored systems available. And since Hobbywing makes Torox ESCs, and possibly Kuron motors, why buy a Corally branded system?

We don't get the snazzy Corally-branded stuff here in the US because Corally doesn't have a huge market share. If you want a sensored system in the US, you have both Hobbywing and Castle sensored systems available. And since Hobbywing makes Torox ESCs, and possibly Kuron motors, why buy a Corally branded system?
Wish US gets more corally market share. I think Traxxas and Arma don't want them in the US. Bad for their business. New sensoren motors are a replacement of the current Kuron non sensored line. Could be wrong. But you see more and more basher sensored motors from other brands. Corally just follows because they are rebranded/modivied HW.

I don't think the Kuron sensorless motors are going away anytime soon. The Rycor is sensored, and appears to be a replacement for the Dynotorq sensored motors. RC Hobby explosion still has the Dynotorq motors listed on their site but out of stock. I'd bet they could answer the question?
I agree with @morrjr71 though, I see no real reason to buy the TC sensored system over an HW Xerun sensored combo here in the US. The HW combo is cheaper I believe. If the price is the same maybe I'd buy the TC combo. That's a stretch for me though. I don't really have the funds or need for a sensored setup. The Torox/Kuron system is plenty. Or even a G2 Quicrun combo for that matter. HW has it at $125 right now. The G2 08BL150 has 7.4v BEC too.

Last edited:
Of course there's the Castle stuff too for sensored. I've never experienced them but they have a cult like following for sure.
Castle is hard to beat, gotta run it to understand, that said all I ever use is their esc's, aside from a few little 1406 motors in some 1:10 scale stuff I've never ran any of their motors, I'll gladly fork over the extra for what I feel is a better esc but I have a hard time spending 2-3x more for their motors, if I cared about sensored I'd think differently but for how I run sensorless works just fine.

Hey VT,

I saw something in these motors the other day as well, looks interesting but I wasn't able to find them in the US. Thought about ordering one and shipping it over to try one out. I usually don't mind being a guinea pig for electronics but I also figured that we will probably see them soon enough over here as well or see some feedback online. I may get one headed this way anyway, kinda curious at this point.

✌️

Aye...I've had the same thought process. Maybe just order one and see how it turns out. The only sensored motor I'm running is a Tekin 4030 in the Python. Way back I had a Neu 1515 1.5D that pulled double duty in my Jammin X1 and a Hyper7. Based on that, I ordered a Gen1 Tekin 4030 to help with duties. When I was looking for a motor for the Python, I decided to turn in my old Tekin for the new one. Can't say I notice much of a difference between my sensored setup and my sensorless systems in the Shogun. I sure would hate to spend 100+ on a motor and it doesn't make that much of a difference. :oops:

Looks like a replacement for the Dynotorq line of sensored motors, although they were 42x68 I believe. Buggy motors. I looked the Rycor up on TC website, they are only rated at 1750watts, but I think that's either being conservative or wrong altogether. IIRC, the Kuron 825 is 3000 or so watts?
https://corally.com/en/product/C-61322/team-corally-rycon-825-sensored-4-pole-1750kv

I did find this however, looks to be in the US.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/335238288860?hash=item4e0dc255dc:i:335238288860

Yanno, I haven't really come across any DynoTorq motors. Almost all I see is Kuron. I wonder what the difference is between the models. If that Rycon is only 1750w, then that seems like a downgrade, since the Kuron is 3000w.

Nice link! 138 bucks though...wow. Makes me feel that a HW or Tekin motor might be a better choice for about 30 bucks more. Although I will say that the biggest reason holding me back from a Tekin motor is that fact that some of them can be amp hogs.

I know I found them on one of the eu sites a few days back, there were 3-4 versions with different specs, all around $130 shipped USD. I assumed that this was just a natural progression from the Kuron's but I could be incorrect.

Could possibly be a progression. Or it could be a different branching out. Sensored and sensorless. TC really needs to field a team in the Ebuggy and Etruggy events. I'd really like to see what they use and how it performs.

That's a shame. They won't get larger market shares if they don't market more. I don't normally run sensored in offroad applications, but I do have them in my touring cars. As for the Corally system, people will have different opinions and preferences for their systems. My good friend was looking for a system for his ET48 2.0 and I recommended a Max8 combo, but he hesitated a bit at the price. Instead, he got a QuicRun system and a G2 motor. He must have done something right, because he's not running a fan on his motor and he comes off after a 10min run at 148.

Makes me wonder if I spent my money wisely on my Max6, MMX 6S and MMX 8S. 🤦‍♂️

Wish US gets more corally market share. I think Traxxas and Arma don't want them in the US. Bad for their business. New sensoren motors are a replacement of the current Kuron non sensored line. Could be wrong. But you see more and more basher sensored motors from other brands. Corally just follows because they are rebranded/modivied HW.

You're probably not wrong about Traxxas and Arrma. Hopefully Corally can grab enough of a market share and force them to change things up. I used to support Traxxas back in the day, but seeing how their business practices are now, I'm not so inclined anymore. Tempted often (XRT), but so far I've held true.

Last edited:
I don't think the Kuron sensorless motors are going away anytime soon. The Rycor is sensored, and appears to be a replacement for the Dynotorq sensored motors. RC Hobby explosion still has the Dynotorq motors listed on their site but out of stock. I'd bet they could answer the question?
I agree with @morrjr71 though, I see no real reason to buy the TC sensored system over an HW Xerun sensored combo here in the US. The HW combo is cheaper I believe. If the price is the same maybe I'd buy the TC combo. That's a stretch for me though. I don't really have the funds or need for a sensored setup. The Torox/Kuron system is plenty. Or even a G2 Quicrun combo for that matter. HW has it at $125 right now. The G2 08BL150 has 7.4v BEC too.

I'd be inclined to agree; I think the Rycon will just be a branch off. I'd wouldn't be against trying a Torox system, but the price is a little more steep than the Max8 that it appears to be a clone of. If the price is low enough, I'd probably try it out just to see what's all the hoo-hah.

Interesting tidbit about the Quicrun motor: why is listed as heavier than it's G2 counterpart?

Yanno, I haven't really come across any DynoTorq motors. Almost all I see is Kuron. I wonder what the difference is between the models. If that Rycon is only 1750w, then that seems like a downgrade, since the Kuron is 3000w.
The Dynotorq is a sensored race motor, Kuron is sensorless (basher). I'm seeing the Dynotorq sold out most everywhere in the US. Which is why I'm thinking the Rycor may be the replacement. Just a guess.
https://nitrohobbies.com/c-61203/

Of course there's the Castle stuff too for sensored. I've never experienced them but they have a cult like following for sure.

I have the MMX but I've yet to try a sensored motor with it. I also have a Gen1 (or 2?) XR8 Pro that I will be moving from the Python to the ET48.3. That'll be paired with the G2. Still deciding on whether or not to go sensored.

I'd be inclined to agree; I think the Rycon will just be a branch off. I'd wouldn't be against trying a Torox system, but the price is a little more steep than the Max8 that it appears to be a clone of. If the price is low enough, I'd probably try it out just to see what's all the hoo-hah.

Interesting tidbit about the Quicrun motor: why is listed as heavier than it's G2 counterpart?
Yeah, I agree. The Torox esc and Kuron motor are good, great actually, but I wouldn't bother at retail pricing myself. I picked 2 combos from Jenny's rc a couple years ago for about $130 a piece. Now that the word is out ( on how good they are), they've gotten kindy pricey. The Quicrun G2 is likely the best bang for the buck sensorless combo on the market right now at $125 from HW direct.

The Dynotorq is a sensored race motor, Kuron is sensorless (basher). I'm seeing the Dynotorq sold out most everywhere in the US. Which is why I'm thinking the Rycor may be the replacement. Just a guess.
https://nitrohobbies.com/c-61203/

Aaah...so that was the difference then! I was wondering what the Dynotorq was. Thanks KnowAir! Given that piece of info, I'd be inclined to agree with you; the Rycon is probably it's replacement.

Yeah, I agree. The Torox esc and Kuron motor are good, great actually, but I wouldn't bother at retail pricing myself. I picked 2 combos from Jenny's rc a couple years ago for abot $130 a piece. Now that the wird is out, they've gotten kindy pricey. The Quicrun G2 is likely the best bang for the buck sensorless combo on the market right now at $125 from HW direct.

Yeah funny how that works. Thankfully the Kuron motors haven't changed price too much yet. 🤞 Moving forward, I may just try out the Quicrun escs; but that's if I don't succumb to a Max6 G2 first. Or the Cobra from Castle. :oops:🤦‍♂️

Aaah...so that was the difference then! I was wondering what the Dynotorq was. Thanks KnowAir! Given that piece of info, I'd be inclined to agree with you; the Rycon is probably it's replacement.

Yeah funny how that works. Thankfully the Kuron motors haven't changed price too much yet. 🤞 Moving forward, I may just try out the Quicrun escs; but that's if I don't succumb to a Max6 G2 first. Or the Cobra from Castle. :oops:🤦‍♂️
I'm a low budget guy. So I'm always looking for the best a buck can get, LOL. I know the Tekin, Castle and other premium spec electronics are much more capable. I always spread myself too thin.. too many rigs for my budget honestly. A character defect perhaps, LOL. 😜

I'm a low budget guy. So I'm always looking for the best a buck can get, LOL. I know the Tekin, Castle and other premium spec electronics are much more capable. I always spread myself too thin.. too many rigs for my budget honestly. A character defect perhaps, LOL. 😜

I know the feeling! Lol.

I'm a low budget guy. So I'm always looking for the best a buck can get, LOL. I know the Tekin, Castle and other premium spec electronics are much more capable. I always spread myself too thin.. too many rigs for my budget honestly. A character defect perhaps, LOL. 😜😂,………. a character defect then I fully flawed!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, if that’s a character defect, then holy crap am I’m probably flawed beyond repair.

PXL_20240205_115239584.jpg

Yes, mine's in the T2E. Just need to solder on the XT90. It will be ready by Monday. It's looking much tidier than the photo I took earlier in the week.

Sorted out the diversity aerial too. 😎

Back