Asuga New Asuga XLR roller/RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find any rig with exposed shock towers and low body to be vulnerable to tower damage. As such, they don't make for good (big air) jumpers. I mean, sure they jump just fine, but bad landings add up quickly in repair costs..between the lack of air control from smaller tires, low ground clearance and exposed shock towers, I don't consider a buggy as a suitable big air vehicle. The typically narrow stance of a buggy hurts for big jumping too..
I know there's plenty out there doing it, but there's much better vehicles available for big air jumping IMO. 😉

Yes, the wing material is all wrong on the TC's. I replaced my xtr wing with one I've had kicking around for years. If I had to guess, I think it might be Proline not sure. Waay more flexible than the TC wing tho.
Maybe by the time the rollers restock I can pull it off🤞

Any thoughts on the RC Machete 1/6? Interesting size, think it's Mojave sized chassis. About 2.5" longer than a kronos but same width..
Could be a speed runner? A Redcat speedrunner!?🤣🤣
the wing breaking has a lot to do with the wing mount as well there's no flex in it at all. I broke my wing on the kronos xtr after a few runs so got the same one again and its been fine :unsure:

I find any rig with exposed shock towers and low body to be vulnerable to tower damage. As such, they don't make for good (big air) jumpers. I mean, sure they jump just fine, but bad landings add up quickly in repair costs..between the lack of air control from smaller tires, low ground clearance and exposed shock towers, I don't consider a buggy as a suitable big air vehicle. The typically narrow stance of a buggy hurts for big jumping too..
I know there's plenty out there doing it, but there's much better vehicles available for big air jumping IMO. 😉
I agree with your assessment. You see a lot of videos of folks jumping buggies, but that's not what they are designed for. Normally, a buggy is designed for racing on dirt or clay with small jumps. They are not designed as "stunt vehicles". There are plenty of stunt vehicles available for extreme jumping: Corally has several on a 1/8 scale.

I run my Radix6 mostly on dirt with few jumps. I have added the protective shock caps from a Sketer to my Radix6: they help to protect the Radix shocks and shock towers in the rare instance where the Radix might flip over. It's not a perfect solution, but it helps.

I agree with your assessment. You see a lot of videos of folks jumping buggies, but that's not what they are designed for. Normally, a buggy is designed for racing on dirt or clay with small jumps. They are not designed as "stunt vehicles". There are plenty of stunt vehicles available for extreme jumping: Corally has several on a 1/8 scale.

I run my Radix6 mostly on dirt with few jumps. I have added the protective shock caps from a Sketer to my Radix6: they help to protect the Radix shocks and shock towers in the rare instance where the Radix might flip over. It's not a perfect solution, but it helps.
Yes, those shock caps do a great service of protecting the shocks and hardware. I was just running an Xray buggy on my track at home yesterday, it's clay, relatively rough, at least for a buggy.. It's very evident just how better suited the truggies and MT's are for rough terrain when you run them back to back. The 1/8 buggies really shine on a prepped surface.. they're pretty much the equivalent of F1 in off road rc's..but, for me, bashers they are not. Of course everyone is free to use them however they see fit.

the wing breaking has a lot to do with the wing mount as well there's no flex in it at all. I broke my wing on the kronos xtr after a few runs so got the same one again and its been fine :unsure:
I think the wing mount material is wrong too. It's too rigid/brittle. The wing material is slightly less flexible than normal, but they seem to start failing in the same place each time before they completely break.

IMG_20220913_134444_edit_85004178270882.jpg

IMG_20220913_134417_edit_85030925952649.jpg

Both wing and wing mount could use being a bit more flexible I reckon. And a revised shape of wing should reduce the probability of failure along those moulding lines. 🤔

Back