Asuga New Asuga XLR roller/RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corally has them listed on their website now, looks like a fun car but my excitement level has dropped a bit, not a "pro" chassis in my eyes like they call it, just bigger and some thicker plastic, looks like you gotta do some trimming to fit anything bigger than the standard kuron/torox system too
I see spring steel and beefy hing pin blocks as well as ..new center bracing system looks nice.. is that 7075 or etched t6? Is my question

I see spring steel and beefy hing pin blocks as well as ..new center bracing system looks nice.. is that 7075 or etched t6? Is my question
I'm assuming it's just etched, I'm sure they'd advertise if it was 7075. Yeah the hinge pin blocks are 8mm! But plastic braces etc, bulky but plastic

I'm assuming it's just etched, I'm sure they'd advertise if it was 7075. Yeah the hinge pin blocks are 8mm! But plastic braces etc, bulky but plastic
Yea true but the new bracing design looks great and you can always add the metal braces in the long run if need be .. TC chassis don't bend as easy as Arrma stuff does .. it seems that their 6061 t6 and they're 7075 is a bit high quality than the stuff arrma uses.. so we got to wait and see if the metal chassis braces are going to be necessary with this chassis and it's new bracing design.

Yea true but the new bracing design looks great and you can always add the metal braces in the long run if need be .. TC chassis don't bend as easy as Arrma stuff does .. it seems that their 6061 t6 and they're 7075 is a bit high quality than the stuff arrma uses.. so we got to wait and see if the metal chassis braces are going to be necessary with this chassis and it's new bracing design.
It would be nice if it solid, I know all my corally's except the xtr are pretty flexy out of the box. If this one's solid it wouldn't bother me not to have aluminum braces etc, and I'm sure it's probably fine but when they use the term "pro" I was really hoping for a similar setup to the xtr, but it appears it's cheap enough one can't complain too much

I'll have to get a roller at some point.
Larger than a typical 1/8 with larger tires means 8S to me.

And then, roller or RTR. Think the servo is the same as the Sketer. Could use more power. Motor Esc are good. 🤔
Max6? Max8 g2 sensored combi? Thoughts?

Last edited:
And then, roller or RTR. Think the servo is the same as the Sketer. Could use more power. Motor Esc are good. 🤔
Max6? Max8 g2 sensored combi? Thoughts?
Max8 g2 would be fun if you choose a roller. Bec to 7.4v so the servo is already a bit stronger. I think I will go for the rtr in blue.

“70% parts compatibility with existing Team Corally 1/8 scale models”

This might offer a nice upgrade path for the current models and I suspect they will introduce 2023 models of some of their other cars with those upgrades pre installed. 🥳🤞

After watching that I'm definitely more confident in the bracing setup, glad to see the aluminum bits going from the braces to the center diff because the center of the car is where all the flex is on the corally line, just really wish there was more room! Gonna hate to trim up a new car to fit a longer can and bigger esc, oh well

Well, I've got mine ordered, green roller, just a waiting game now

Sweet keep us posted. What motor/Esc/servo you gonna pit in?
Too early to say, planned on the mmx8s and a 4092 motor but run on 6s but doesn't look like that'll fit without cutting so for now I'll just rob the corally electronics out of one of my others and see how it performs, as far as servo, cheap lol, I live on cheap servo's, cheap to buy, cheap to replace and I have had good luck with them

@razorrc are you gonna review this? If so, any idea when? I bought my Sketer after your review. It is a tank now. Still love it

Too early to say, planned on the mmx8s and a 4092 motor but run on 6s but doesn't look like that'll fit without cutting so for now I'll just rob the corally electronics out of one of my others and see how it performs, as far as servo, cheap lol, I live on cheap servo's, cheap to buy, cheap to replace and I have had good luck with them
Sweet. Think i will go for a hw setup. Max6 or max8 g2 sensored combo i think....if it fits. Got a Kuron 725 combo laying around. Not sure if i will put that on on 4s.

Last edited:
Jenny's shows the Kuron 825 @ 74mm. A Castle 1717 may fit with no trimming by the looks in that vid. 1717 is only 11mm longer(~1/2")
The space for the ESC may be the issue, not sure and MMX8S will fit.

Back