Jevge's Kronos XTR 2022 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I have the truck disassembled, do I need to take the diffs out and check the oil (like with Arrmas)?
I wanted to try it out stock first, so I'm not planning to change the oil weight right away.

I also installed the mid mud guard:

20220303_102905.jpg

As I have the truck disassembled, do I need to take the diffs out and check the oil (like with Arrmas)?
I wanted to try it out stock first, so I'm not planning to change the oil weight right away.

I also installed the mid mud guard:

View attachment 1402
Those mud guards are impressive! I've never seen a mid-mud guards before! I was looking at their website, they also sell roof skids, that sounds like a very useful mod!

Update on the build.

I installed the front bumper:
20220303_185132.jpg

20220303_185027.jpg

Back bumper:

20220303_185106.jpg

Here is how those aluminium inserts look like:

20220303_165354.jpg

Servo and receiver are in place:

20220303_185119.jpg

Motor installation is tricky. You either remove 1 screw and some of the plastic, because the space is tight

20220303_195404.jpg

20220303_195359.jpg

OR like myself you can order a carbon motor riser from Basherqueen, that should solve this. Until then I won't install the side guards.

And here are the first roars of the beast :D

Last edited:
Man, that thing looks nice and decent 💪
Thanks, I also really like how the mud guards and shock protectors look like. First I wanted to get everything in black, but I dig the red.

Sidenote for everyone who wants to install the Sketer top foam "bumper" on the Kronos. You can't fit the stock body with it and need to remove approx. 10mm from the top of the foam.

Looks good man!.."Fancy-like":cool:

I'm curious to know what type of plastic the skid plate/bumpers are made of.. they look pretty much the same as T-bone bumpers which I like.

So easy to make if I can figure out what the material is.. Kydex maybe?

Kronos had it's maiden run and it drives amazing!
Tenacious D Reaction GIF

I expected something similar to the Kraton, but it corners much nimbler.
I need to stiffen the front suspension, and I'm not sure if I like the front ballooning that much...

With the 15T pinion it lacks acceleration a bit, I might try a 16T or maybe even 17T.

But I REALLY like it! :D

Back