Jevge's Kronos XTR 2022 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevgeje

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
I ordered the XTR directly from Corally, and they shipped it within 4 hours - amazing! :D

I thought to start this build thread and line out what I have planned for it.

1645945817409.png

Electronics:
  • Motor: HW SL4895 1650 kV, with a small Yeah Racing heat sink and dual YR Tornado fans
  • ESC: HW Max 6 with a HRC Racing Typhoon fan
  • Servo: DMOND DBS5084V 50kg
  • Receiver: A 3 channel Flysky FS-A3 will be enough, won't run anything fancy on this rig
  • Transmitter: Flysky GT-5

Upgrades:
  • JS-Parts "ultraflex" front body posts
  • POS RC rear bumper
  • POS RC front bumper
  • MLine aluminium inserts under the bumpers
  • TK-Parts wheelie bar
  • TK-Parts flexible wing mount
  • ARP design unbreakable shock protectors
  • ARP design unbreakable rear and mid mud guards
  • ARP design differential seals
  • Sketer shock cap protectors
  • Sketer center roll cage foam

Body:
  • Original for light bashing (or keep it for later?)
  • Basher bodies "Kraken" unbreakable body for hardcore bashing and jumping, seen here on my Kraton:
    1645947087378.png

• Will paint the clear one in black and red with some self made decals as a "show" body later

Last edited:
Nice mate. I never knew these companys existed and made upgrades for the xtr 👍🏼
They are German and Austrian smaller RC upgrade manufacturers:
If you prefer ordering from 1 shop, then I think Metz has most of them (plus have Oktay and their own MLine stuff as well)
I'm not sure if they ship outside of the EU?

You can find Basherbodies on FB:

Upgrades:
  • JS-Parts "ultraflex" front body posts
  • POS RC rear bumper
  • POS RC front bumper
  • MLine aluminium inserts under the bumpers
  • TK-Parts wheelie bar
  • TK-Parts flexible wing mount
  • ARP design unbreakable shock protectors
  • ARP design unbreakable rear and mid mud guards
  • ARP design differential seals
  • Sketer shock cap protectors
  • Sketer center roll cage foam
Looks great!!! I can't wait for the final result and to see what ideas I'm gonna steal from you! :p

Those POS RC front/rear bumpers, are they plastic? They go over the skid plates right?
About the MLine alu inserts, why this upgrade? If I understand correctly these will just replace the stock plastic skid plates right? Which will be covered by the bumpers anyway, those bumpers are like a one piece skid plate and bumper right?

Looks great!!! I can't wait for the final result and to see what ideas I'm gonna steal from you! :p

Those POS RC front/rear bumpers, are they plastic? They go over the skid plates right?
About the MLine alu inserts, why this upgrade? If I understand correctly these will just replace the stock plastic skid plates right? Which will be covered by the bumpers anyway, those bumpers are like a one piece skid plate and bumper right?
This is what the bumpers look like:

1646062336275.png

Yes, they replace the stock skid plate with their own. They're made of a composite, sturdy but flexible material and work very well in my opinion.

As for the inserts, they go under the bumpers skid plate to make sure the surface is even before you torque the screws down. You get some plastic inserts with the bumpers, but I like the aluminium ones better.

I will try to put the stock red inserts directly under the screws like with the stock bumpers:
1646062743186.png

This is what the bumpers look like:

View attachment 1364
Yes, they replace the stock skid plate with their own. They're made of a composite, sturdy but flexible material and work very well in my opinion.

As for the inserts, they go under the bumpers skid plate to make sure the surface is even before you torque the screws down. You get some plastic inserts with the bumpers, but I like the aluminium ones better.

I will try to put the stock red inserts directly under the screws like with the stock bumpers:
View attachment 1366
I see! So if you where to put just the bumpers, you first have to take off the stock skid plates? I thought they went over them.

Oh yeah, the postman was here. :D:love:

You Rock GIF

20220302_170726.jpg

I have installed some of the stuff I want, but I'm still waiting for some parts.

Rear mudguards:
20220303_085429.jpg

Shock cap protectors and bottom shock protectors (I accidentally ordered 4 for the bottom, so I installed them, even when I don't think you need them in the back if you have mud guards)
20220303_085454.jpg

Rear wing mount (this was more tricky to install than anticipated)
20220303_085437.jpg

A better shot of the wheelie bar (I think it doesn't look that ugly :D)
20220303_085446.jpg

Installed the Max6. There are even proper mounting holes for it, so I've put double-sided tape and screwed it in.
I don't think you can fit anything larger than it in that place. 😂

20220303_085523.jpg

I also installed the foam bumper and this is where I am a the moment:

20220303_085515.jpg

Last edited:
Back