Edoughs New Sketer 4s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's an awesome platform and handled great for sure. Little slow for my liking and with no air control and how I like to flip definitely be going up a few teeth. Definitely seems it will be some work to get to things and work on it but no biggy. Fixed the turnbuckle end with cutting down an Arrma 6s front one so be good to bash again. Did you have a hard time pulling wheels off? It took me having to hammer it off literally it was so tight around the hub axle.

Thanks man I appreciate it👊🏼
For the wheels: Heat it up with a hair dryer. Worked for me just fine.

Got some badass new packs from my sponsors at CNHL today for the new Sketer🤘🏼 4 5600mAh 120c 4s hard packs. So thankful to be sponsored by CNHL to say the least🙏🏼
20220215_143513.jpg

Forgot also got my 6s hubs and axles to widen it out the other day I just haven't made the swap yet.
20220214_143404.jpg

Went up to a 16t pinion and added a beast 40x28mm fan on the motor. Going to take it out in a bit when my new CNHL pack is charged and see if it has the speed and air control I'm wanting now. Checked out the leaking shocks and the caps are all tight so guessing they were over filled from the factory🤷
20220216_151207.jpg
20220216_151153.jpg

Went up to a 16t pinion and added a beast 40x28mm fan on the motor. Going to take it out in a bit when my new CNHL pack is charged and see if it has the speed and air control I'm wanting now. Checked out the leaking shocks and the caps are all tight so guessing they were over filled from the factory🤷 View attachment 1030View attachment 1031
15T helps but it ain't quite enough, looking foward to what your expeience is withbthis combo. Youll need that fan on the ESC too. Lol
That lower motor mount bolt is a pia to get your fingers on...

So 16t is still not giving me the air control oddly but the speed is there for sure now. Runs like a raped ape so to speak🤣 but I barely can get a backflip🤔 may pull the center and front diff and thicken them up see if that helps if not I'll be slapping on a set of MX28's and adding the wider hubs and axles.
Also learned the hard way why NOT to run Deans plugs on anything pulling more than 50-60A🤦 It definitely didn't hold up to the CNHL 4s 120c power and Amps pulled from the ESC while hard on throttle😂 Guess I'll get them all changed and soldered up now.....🤣
20220216_180937.jpg

15T helps but it ain't quite enough, looking foward to what your expeience is withbthis combo. Youll need that fan on the ESC too. Lol
That lower motor mount bolt is a pia to get your fingers on...
Actually the ESC temp wasn't bad even with the 16t and me always on throttle. But these fans I run BLOW air even off the reciever at 6v so it blows a bit on the ESC also from the motor.

Last edited:
So 16t is still not giving me the air control oddly but the speed is there for sure now. Runs like a raped ape so to speak🤣 but I barely can get a backflip🤔 may pull the center and front diff and thicken them up see if that helps if not I'll be slapping on a set of MX28's and adding the wider hubs and axles.
Also learned the hard way why NOT to run Deans plugs on anything pulling more than 50-60A🤦 It definitely didn't hold up to the CNHL 4s 120c power and Amps pulled from the ESC while hard on throttle😂 Guess I'll get them all changed and soldered up now.....🤣 View attachment 1035

Actually the ESC temp wasn't bad even with the 16t and me always on throttle. But these fans I run BLOW air even off the reciever at 6v so it blows a bit on the ESC also from the motor.
It seems most folks running the larger pinions aren't experiencing what I am, the only difference is the tire combo I'm running compared to you and the few other guys I'm getting feedback from.

I have to ask, are the tyres ballooning when you attempt the rotations to flip ???
Maybe that is what's missing, so a slightly larger/heavier tyre may help..🤔
Agreed. Heck - switching to proline Hyrax back when I had a Typhon 6s - I was able to do a standing backflip.

I have to ask, are the tyres ballooning when you attempt the rotations to flip ???
Maybe that is what's missing, so a slightly larger/heavier tyre may help..🤔
Yes they balloon just not a ton. I'm in the middle of adding the wider hubs now and I'll be going to MX28'S so see if that helps. Also going to pull and thicken up center and front diff oils.
Just about done changing the wider hubs on the Sketer just need to finish one of the rears.
Front hub difference
20220217_171227.jpg
20220217_172327.jpg
Rear hub difference
20220217_174033.jpg
20220217_175941.jpg

Got the hubs all done and really liking the wider stance for sure. Also pulled the center diff and found it was 1/4 full. Cleaned it and added new 300k over the stock 100k.
20220217_191639.jpg

So took her out this afternoon to see how all the changes felt and handled. Love the wider stance for sure it's super stable and turns and handles great. Thicker diff fluid definitely woke it up a bit but I'm still not able to backflip even with the MX28's on it. Broke the other stock turnbuckle end on the other side today so looks like another shorterned Arrma 6s end going on. Try an 18t next and if no flips then I'll swap the motor out for a Hobbystar 4068 2400kv.
20220223_180102.jpg

So went for a bash with the stock tires now back on with the wide hubs and 300k in center. Truck handles great and is a lot more stable and even wheelies now. Still no backflips, well barely pulls a backflip I should say. Had a driver error today and smaked the side of my ramp at speed🤦 snapped the bottom off of the new wide rear hub and bent the dogbone on that side also. Going to see if I can run it on the hole above it as there is 2 mounting holes on the hub while I order a new set from Jenny's. But rig is slowly getting to where I want it, I think a 2400kv motor should get it to flip like I want and be good....
20220226_151549.jpg

Back