Edoughs New Sketer 4s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Big send basher and speed run junkie
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Just ordered the new Sketer 4s so figured I'd better start a build thread for it. This will be my first Team Corally rig and first 4s stock basher. Until now have had all Arrma rigs besides a crawler and Tamiya TT01 so looking forward to a new brand to add to my collection. Couldn't pass it up as if I could have told a company what I wanted in a 1/10 4s basher this has everything and more. Should be here Saturday or Monday and I'll get some pics and possibly an unboxing and first run out of the box video posted. Looking forward to sending this badboy and getting it tuned for my bashing style and hopefully pass along some ideas and help along the way.

Screenshot_20220210-215457_Chrome.jpg

Just ordered the new Sketer 4s so figured I'd better start a build thread for it. This will be my first Team Corally rig and first 4s stock basher. Until now have had all Arrma rigs besides a crawler and Tamiya TT01 so looking forward to a new brand to add to my collection. Couldn't pass it up as if I could have told a company what I wanted in a 1/10 4s basher this has everything and more. Should be here Saturday or Monday and I'll get some pics and possibly an unboxing and first run out of the box video posted. Looking forward to sending this badboy and getting it tuned for my bashing style and hopefully pass along some ideas and help along the way.

View attachment 813
those things look so cool

Ordered first couple upgrades already for the Sketer being the 6s hubs, axles and driveshafts to widen it. Going to run it a good few bashes stock see how I like it then may change the tires to the set of MX28's I have and widen it. I'll go up a few teeth on the pinion also as videos I've seen it doesn't have near the air control I prefer. Will also add the front bumper support @3D-RC.online is working on and may experiment with different body mounts as they seem to be a weak point. Man can't wait to get my hands on this beast🤘🏼😎

those things look so cool
I'm so stoked as this is what I've wanted for a long while. I absolutely love my 4s Granite and Bigrock but this has everything I hoped Arrma would do to the still MIA 4s lineup and more.

Ordered first couple upgrades already for the Sketer being the 6s hubs, axles and driveshafts to widen it. Going to run it a good few bashes stock see how I like it then may change the tires to the set of MX28's I have and widen it. I'll go up a few teeth on the pinion also as videos I've seen it doesn't have near the air control I prefer. Will also add the front bumper support @3D-RC.online is working on and may experiment with different body mounts as they seem to be a weak point. Man can't wait to get my hands on this beast🤘🏼😎

I'm so stoked as this is what I've wanted for a long while. I absolutely love my 4s Granite and Bigrock but this has everything I hoped Arrma would do to the still MIA 4s lineup and more.
Hah, those are the same parts I ordered. They beat the truck here:D

Hah, those are the same parts I ordered. They beat the truck here:D
I can't believe it I ordered the truck about midnight wed/Thurs and just got alert it's out for delivery today😁 oh I can't wait!!! Hope it gets dropped off before I leave for work at 3pm🙏🏼

😁 It just showed up!!! oh man I feel like a kid at Christmas 😛 This thing looks awesome!!! 4s pack is on the charger and MIP's are out to give it a good once over before I take it out for a maiden out of the box stock bash🤘🏼😁 Still can't believe FREE shipping and in 2 DAYS!!!
20220211_114437.jpg
20220211_114624.jpg
20220211_114638.jpg
20220211_114725.jpg

Alright so first bash went good, not great but good lol. Truck handles great but definitely a bit sluggish on speed and almost no backflip air control. Had a couple breakages already but I'm not easy on my rigs and wasn't going to be with this one either. Broke a front tierod end, cracked front A arm on same side at the shock mount, bent driveshaft same side, decent crack in the rear of the body and had 3 of 4 shocks leak at the caps. I didnt check if the caps where tightened down so thats my fault. ESC hit about 125° and motor 150° but I'm on throttle a lot so not too bad with no motor fan and temp at 68° outside. Really an awesome platform and with some upgrades and tuning will be one hell of a 4s 1/10 basher for sure.
20220211_135137.jpg
20220211_141706.jpg
20220211_141728.jpg
20220211_141749.jpg
20220211_141733.jpg

Alright so first bash went good, not great but good lol. Truck handles great but definitely a bit sluggish on speed and almost no backflip air control. Had a couple breakages already but I'm not easy on my rigs and wasn't going to be with this one either. Broke a front tierod end, cracked front A arm on same side at the shock mount, bent driveshaft same side, decent crack in the rear of the body and had 3 of 4 shocks leak at the caps. I didnt check if the caps where tightened down so thats my fault. ESC hit about 125° and motor 150° but I'm on throttle a lot so not too bad with no motor fan and temp at 68° outside. Really an awesome platform and with some upgrades and tuning will be one hell of a 4s 1/10 basher for sure. View attachment 852View attachment 853View attachment 854View attachment 855View attachment 856
Damn son! Haha 6s power in future haha that’s a bummer bout the links. I’ve seen the videos out there .. NO air control haha. Needs a bigger pinion and motor fan!

Hoping to get mine out tomorrow. :)

Alright so first bash went good, not great but good lol. Truck handles great but definitely a bit sluggish on speed and almost no backflip air control. Had a couple breakages already but I'm not easy on my rigs and wasn't going to be with this one either. Broke a front tierod end, cracked front A arm on same side at the shock mount, bent driveshaft same side, decent crack in the rear of the body and had 3 of 4 shocks leak at the caps. I didnt check if the caps where tightened down so thats my fault. ESC hit about 125° and motor 150° but I'm on throttle a lot so not too bad with no motor fan and temp at 68° outside. Really an awesome platform and with some upgrades and tuning will be one hell of a 4s 1/10 basher for sure. View attachment 852View attachment 853View attachment 854View attachment 855View attachment 856
Give it hell! 😈
...added a follower too!.👍

Nice brother! Thanks for sharing. Other than the broken bits, what did you think of the sketer?
I think it's an awesome platform and handled great for sure. Little slow for my liking and with no air control and how I like to flip definitely be going up a few teeth. Definitely seems it will be some work to get to things and work on it but no biggy. Fixed the turnbuckle end with cutting down an Arrma 6s front one so be good to bash again. Did you have a hard time pulling wheels off? It took me having to hammer it off literally it was so tight around the hub axle.
Give it hell! 😈
...added a follower too!.👍
Thanks man I appreciate it👊🏼

Back