Kronos XTR Easiest way to adjust servo saver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniC

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
Hi guys,

The servo saver on my XTR 2022 is very loose, pretty much impossible to do tight corners. This was my first run so not sure if they all come like this from factory or maybe it was just mine.

Anyway, I tried to adjust it with my fingers but couldn't, so I need to grab the collar with pliers or something, but it's a very tight space. Do folks have any advice on the easiest way to do this without having to take everything apart? Taking out the receiver box maybe?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

The servo saver on my XTR 2022 is very loose, pretty much impossible to do tight corners. This was my first run so not sure if they all come like this from factory or maybe it was just mine.

Anyway, I tried to adjust it with my fingers but couldn't, so I need to grab the collar with pliers or something, but it's a very tight space. Do folks have any advice on the easiest way to do this without having to take everything apart? Taking out the receiver box maybe?

Thanks!
There is a hole on bottom of the chassis . You insert a small screwdriver to apply pressure on the adjustment ring. And turn wheels one way to tighten. Other to loosen. I found the hole to be to small. I drilled the hole bigger. Making adjustment easier. Yes mine seemed loose out of the box.. I used blue thread lock and tightened it up good. Felt like it was loosening up... I'd try tightening it first.

• Mugen Servo Saver Einstellmutter

Mugen

Mugen Servo Saver Einstellmutter​

Artikelnummer: E2320

There is a hole on bottom of the chassis . You insert a small screwdriver to apply pressure on the adjustment ring. And turn wheels one way to tighten. Other to loosen. I found the hole to be to small. I drilled the hole bigger. Making adjustment easier. Yes mine seemed loose out of the box.. I used blue thread lock and tightened it up good. Felt like it was loosening up... I'd try tightening it first.
Thanks very much! I do see the little hole you refer to but I don't understand how applying pressure there will be enough to hold the adjustment collar... My 1.5 hex driver fits nicely. I'll try it out later.

I've found that you really need to tighten the servo saver up almost completely, otherwise there'll be too much play and very hard to turn on high traction surfaces. I think that spring is way too soft for the size of this rig and the weight of those wheels. Do you guys feel the same?
I wonder is there a harder spring we could put in there?

I've found that you really need to tighten the servo saver up almost completely, otherwise there'll be too much play and very hard to turn on high traction surfaces. I think that spring is way too soft for the size of this rig and the weight of those wheels. Do you guys feel the same?
Yes i agree, i have mine tightened almost all the way up

Mine was very loose. Used a flat blade screw driver to tighten it.. chewed the knurling up on the ring but it will be fine
This was my method as well..although I think I went a lil too far. I stripped a gear in my HX3225 a couple weekends ago..I loosened it back up a tad. Disassembled the servo and rotated the shaft 180 degrees and put it back together. Been working fine since.. the 3225 isn't really suited for these, but it's what I had on hand so..eventually I'll pony up for something more suitable. 3235 at least.

Not sure how the TC spring compares to the Arrma EXB ones but maybe a possible solution? Seems people aren't particularly happy with the EXB spring either, but the Arrma saver is non adjustable so they put shims under or over the spring. I haven't messed with my Arrma's due to the fact they're non adjustable AND I run cheap servos, so not really a good idea for me. The Mojave doesn't seem to need any help but the Kraton does..IMO.

Last edited:
This was my method as well..although I think I went a lil too far. I stripped a gear in my HX3225 a couple weekends ago..I loosened it back up a tad. Disassembled the servo and rotated the shaft 180 degrees and put it back together. Been working fine since.. the 3225 isn't really suited for these, but it's what I had on hand so..eventually I'll pony up for something more suitable. 3235 at least.

Not sure how the TC spring compares to the Arrma EXB ones but maybe a possible solution? Seems people aren't particularly happy with the EXB spring either, but the Arrma saver is non adjustable so they put shims under or over the spring. I haven't messed with my Arrma's due to the fact they're non adjustable AND I run cheap servos, so not really a good idea for me. The Mojave doesn't seem to need any help but the Kraton does..IMO.

Yeah that's my worry, it's pretty much eliminating the servo saver when you tighten it up completely. I went full tightness then backed up from there about one turn. So there's a bit of play, hopefully enough to keep the servo safe.

Are there any aftermarket servo savers?

Yeah that's my worry, it's pretty much eliminating the servo saver when you tighten it up completely. I went full tightness then backed up from there about one turn. So there's a bit of play, hopefully enough to keep the servo safe.

Are there any aftermarket servo savers?
I suspect there may be but I haven't seen any for TC here in the US. Other more popular brands such as Arrma and TRX. I'm very leery of the multi branded chinese stuff such as GPM and Hot Racing..I prefer to stick with OEM or Scorched RC, JBIRC, M2C ect for critical components myself. Just me..

You have the ProModeler servo,right? I would think just a touch of give with the stock saver is about as good as you're gonna get. I could be wrong.

I suspect there may be but I haven't seen any for TC here in the US. Other more popular brands such as Arrma and TRX. I'm very leery of the multi branded chinese stuff such as GPM and Hot Racing..I prefer to stick with OEM or Scorched RC, JBIRC, M2C ect for critical components myself. Just me..

You have the ProModeler servo,right? I would think just a touch of give with the stock saver is about as good as you're gonna get. I could be wrong.
Yeah it can be hit and miss with those brands. Mind you, I do have a GPM servo saver on my MAXX and it's been great.
Yeah I have a Promodeler so it's a tank of a servo.

Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk

Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk​

C-00180-266

star_0.png
star_0.png
star_0.png
star_0.png
star_0.png

0 Bewertungen
Eine Rezension schreiben

Aktie:

STOCK%20GREEN.png
AUF LAGER​

PREISE:23,95 _
MENGE: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
IN DEN WARENKORB LEGEN
Zur Wunschliste hinzufügen

TEAM CORALLY-GARANTIE​

• ALLE PRODUKTE IN EUROPA ENTWICKELT
• GETESTET UND ZUGELASSEN VON DEN WELTBESTEN FAHRERN
• ENTWICKELT, UM DIE SCHNELLSTEN ZU SEIN
• UMFASSENDER SERVICE UND PRODUKTSUPPORT​

Sie brauchen Unterstützung?​

Wir helfen Ihnen gerne, rufen Sie uns an
telephone.png
+32 14 25 92 94 (Montag - Freitag 09.00 - 17.00 Uhr)
Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk
Verbessert den Servosaver erheblich!

Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk​

C-00180-266

star_0.png
star_0.png
star_0.png
star_0.png
star_0.png

0 Bewertungen
Eine Rezension schreiben

Aktie:

STOCK%20GREEN.png
AUF LAGER​

PREISE:23,95 _
MENGE: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
IN DEN WARENKORB LEGEN
Zur Wunschliste hinzufügen

TEAM CORALLY-GARANTIE​

• ALLE PRODUKTE IN EUROPA ENTWICKELT​

• GETESTET UND ZUGELASSEN VON DEN WELTBESTEN FAHRERN​

• ENTWICKELT, UM DIE SCHNELLSTEN ZU SEIN​

• UMFASSENDER SERVICE UND PRODUKTSUPPORT​

Sie brauchen Unterstützung?​

Wir helfen Ihnen gerne, rufen Sie uns an
telephone.png
+32 14 25 92 94 (Montag - Freitag 09.00 - 17.00 Uhr)
Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk Team Corally - Servo Saver Lenkarm - 7075 T6 - hart eloxiert - schwarz - 1 Stk
Verbessert den Servosaver erheblich!
I'm not sure this will help? The problem seems to be the spring is to soft, it's not that the saver has worn out. This is a weird upgrade, metal only on one of the sides of the servo saver?

The servo saver works better with this aluminum part (with a heavily preloaded spring) and the plastic part does not break constantly in the cold in winter!

The servo saver works better with this aluminum part (with a heavily preloaded spring) and the plastic part does not break constantly in the cold in winter!
That's good to know! I'll try it out, thanks!

I was thinking the same thing about whether or not the EXB spring would work. I tore that stupid servo saver out of my Kraton EXB before I even drove it. I put the Arrma adjustable one in.

I have had better luck with Hot Racing than GPM but Hot Racing seems to be on a downtrend lately their Arrma 29mm diff cups are a prime example of that, they aren't even made right.

Look what I found guys, a servo saver from GPM that fits the Sketer and the Kronos!
https://www.gpmparts.com/team-coral...ring-assembly-3pc-set-gpm-ske048-p-28119.html

It doesn't come with the spring so you'd have to use the stock one, the it might have the same problem that it's too soft and you need to tighten it up almost fully.

I already bought the 7075 saver arm (C-00180-266) so we'll see how that goes. But really what we need I think is a stronger spring.

Look what I found guys, a servo saver from GPM that fits the Sketer and the Kronos!
https://www.gpmparts.com/team-coral...ring-assembly-3pc-set-gpm-ske048-p-28119.html

It doesn't come with the spring so you'd have to use the stock one, the it might have the same problem that it's too soft and you need to tighten it up almost fully.

I already bought the 7075 saver arm (C-00180-266) so we'll see how that goes. But really what we need I think is a stronger spring.
Need some measurements of the stock spring so we can source a stiffer one🤔 sounds kinky🤣🤣 but yeah, I'm sure we could find something if we had some specs to start with? I'm too lazy to take apart mine since it's working atm..

Back