BashingBrian's Radix 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last leg...

Ended up buying the Swiss 7075 chassis braces 😎, the front one comes with a M3 thread in the top mounting position and that's no good in my opinion, I drilled a larger hole and re-tapped it to a M4 bolt thread..

IMG_3193.jpeg

Some bling shots 😉

IMG_3194.jpeg
IMG_3196.jpeg

Changed the rear wing to a Proline one I had as it looks a bit nicer and is stiffer.
Proline on the left, stock on the right..👍🏼

IMG_3192.jpeg
IMG_3191.jpeg

I noticed stock out of the box the rear chassis brace upper mount had some play in it, so I changed the rear mounting bolt to a longer one that has no thread because it's just ever so slightly thicker. Using this bolt the play is practically all gone 😉👍🏼

IMG_2933.jpeg

You can see the long bolt below.. ( I still need to cut the extra length off )

IMG_3337.jpeg

Looks amazing. Reminds me of KTM dirt bikes I like the colour scheme. That black sparkle effect is cool in the body and the orange detail on the wheels. And the orange washers are a nice touch and all that Swiss candy of parts on there. Amazing job. Love that buggy I got to get one haha.

That black sparkle effect is cool in the body
It's so hard to get a decent picture of the sparkle, It's Tamiya Lame Flake and it's like an explosion of rainbow sparkles 😎 in the sun.
But for some reason my phone just refuses to take good pictures 😉🤣

Thanks for all the in depth reviewing! I'm also struggeling with the ESC placement on the V2 battery tray. The Kronos skids are in my cart...
And we all know orange is faster ;)

View attachment 1816

Just move it forwards like mine..!! It works much better like this👍🏼

(Baby steps Mr. Doolin64....get your Kronos first.)

Either way @BashingBrian I keep coming back to this thread because I like the build so much, I love the orange and I think this buggy looks damn cool.
I've also never had a buggy since my first Nikko r/c car almost 40 years ago. :p
353c6b43072496bd0df0f880ff7c1997.jpg

Question...are all those orange washers already used all over the Radix stock? Just in black? Or were the orange washers added solely for the bling?

Question...are all those orange washers already used all over the Radix stock? Just in black? Or were the orange washers added solely for the bling?
Not on stock, I just overdosed on bling, the car's probably the heaviest Radix on the market now..!!😉🤣🤣

Do you have the part number for the shock protectors handy? And did you have to modify anything to use them?

I see from Corally's web site that additional screws and nuts are required to use the new Ackerman plate with the steering brace. What screws and nuts did you use to assemble them in your Radix?

Back