BashingBrian's Radix 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

Resident hoarder of RC's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
Coming Soon 😎

I wasn't going to do this ( managed to pick it up heavily discounted, who can refuse that 😉 ), and the Sketer isn't released for a while where I live so I thought what the hell, so here goes..🤣🤣

This won't be wild, just a mildly modded version to go with my Typhon, I'm already liking the chassis layout in the Radix better than the Typhon..!!😎

Coming Soon 😎

I wasn't going to do this ( managed to pick it up heavily discounted, who can refuse that 😉 ), and the Sketer isn't released for a while where I live so I thought what the hell, so here goes..🤣🤣

This won't be wild, just a mildly modded version to go with my Typhon, I'm already liking the chassis layout in the Radix better than the Typhon..!!😎
😂🤣 bashing Brian mild? I’ve heard this before 😎😎

Can’t wait to see your spin on things ;)

Just posted an update on the sketer thread :)

😂🤣 bashing Brian mild? I’ve heard this before 😎😎

Can’t wait to see your spin on things ;)
No honestly, this will be mild 😉

While I'm here just wanted to say how impressed with this thing I am so far, the wheels are a bit soft/bendy but the tyres feel really grippy, I love the layout with its big wide middle, haven't tried my batteries in the tray yet (lets hope they fit 🤣)
I'm going to run it box stock first hopefully this weekend, then my first job will be to fit my Futaba rx etc..!!

I had a bit of a spending spree this morning at Corally.com 🤣🤣 I couldn't help myself, I really do need to stay away from the internet in the mornings...!!

Last edited:
Teaser time.. 😉

IMG_2914.jpeg

Just waiting on a few parts from Jenny's to arrive and then it's modding time 😎 ( fingers crossed this weekend )

Going to add this here ... https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/maiden-voyage-and-first-impressions.208/

So I wasn't going to mod this too much, but as you can see I went a bit overboard ;):LOL:
This is a bit out of order of the build sequence but just go with it for now, build thread with some tips and findings along the way..

1st bash box stock..

IMG_3065.jpeg

1hr later :ROFLMAO: this is where it all started, quick strip down and check over..

IMG_3068.jpeg

All the diffs had a reasonable amount of fluid in them from the factory.!! Quick build of all the diffs F30k / C200k / R20k
Center diff all stripped down cleaned and ready to be re-built, no issues and everything all in place as it should be (y)

IMG_2941.jpeg

Can never have too much green slime..!!
Top tip, always use this stuff when building diffs or shocks, I always coat all the O-rings..:cool:

IMG_2942.jpeg

All done and waiting to be reassembled.. Top tip #2, always let your diffs sit for a while before assembling, allow the fluid to sink into the diff so you can see the correct level..

IMG_2946.jpeg

Here is the front diff at removal, weird brown grease inside the case :unsure:

IMG_3011.jpeg

You can see below the two shims on the outer bearing, they adjust the end play and correct the mesh between the spur and pinion inside the housing when assembled.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the diffs with the flared drive cups are harder to shim as you have to disassemble them to remove or replace shims..!!
You can't just slip shims over the ends like some other diffs.. ( I will say that with the two shims from the factory the mesh was nice and tight but not binding, well done Corally (y) )

IMG_3012.jpeg

Stripped, cleaned and waiting to be re-built.. ( you can see those shims at the top left of the kitchen towel )

IMG_3014.jpeg

Waiting to settle again....

IMG_3036.jpeg

Rear diff just removed, this time weird brown grease and also some blue stuff too :LOL: not complaining, just noting the difference..
The brown stuff is heavy and stiff, the blue stuff is marine grease to my knowledge and it seems to be the same as the Mobil XHP222 I have.
Same process as before, stripped, cleaned and reassembled. ( forgot the picture )

IMG_3037.jpeg

I didn't originally intend on half these mods but I just got carried away with it all :cool::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Here is a comparison of the chassis's weights
Stock chassis 283g

IMG_3073.jpeg

Swiss 7075 chassis 292g

IMG_3074.jpeg

I was going to do the whole de-anodise thing but decided not to in the end, just went a bit mad on color coding with washers 🙄😜😆😂

IMG_3072.jpeg

One other thing I've been doing along the way is removing the button head bolts and replacing them with cap heads as and when I can..!!
I can't stand button heads or CS bolts as they are far more prone to stripping the heads even with good tools ( Top tip #3 :cool: )

More soon....

Last edited:
What's the green slime brand? Or is that what it's called.

I need one of those diff cup holders!

Here's some more..

Underside of chassis

IMG_3075.jpeg

Inside the chassis, it's very nice quality machining and feels real nice and sturdy..😎

IMG_3076.jpeg

I have heard people mention that they fear that the esc cabling can get trapped under the battery tray, if you look there are cable hooks underneath that hold the cable in place.!!👍🏼

IMG_3080.jpeg

If you look at the the pictures ⬆️ above ⬆️ and ⬇️ below ⬇️ you'll notice that I have repositioned the esc slightly more forward on the tray, this helps the tray not flex around as much.
In my opinion the v2 battery tray bounces at the rear end too much where the esc is mounted, the mounting hole doesn't match with any holes in the chassis 🤔

IMG_3082.jpeg

I quite like the one piece plastic turnbuckles they are just simple and work well, but I like to adjust stuff 😉 so in went the spring steel upgrades in the rear and the steering..

IMG_3084.jpeg

Waiting to be reassembled, I find that these Corally's go together well and nothing is hard to work on 👍🏼

IMG_3085.jpeg

Close up of the turnbuckles...
I noticed on some of the other Corally's that the turnbuckles don't all face the same way, you'll notice later on that I've fitted mine so they all face the same way, this is done so that when adjusting them they all turn in one direction..!!
If you look closely you can see a grove marking on the steel nut part and that indicates the direction, the groove faces the left of the car when looking from behind.. ( this is done because the turnbuckles have left and right handed threads )

IMG_3086.jpeg

Rear end all stripped down ready for new parts, you can see that they use plastic and/or metal spacers to adjust the arms ( some slop correct too )

IMG_3087.jpeg

I fitted the Swiss 7075 suspension holders..😎

IMG_3089.jpeg

All back together ( liberal use of orange washers 😉🤣🤣 ) You can see more of the cap head bolts used all over the rear suspension.

IMG_3092.jpeg

Shocks got treated to the new shock covers front and rear..👍🏼
They are quite clever in that they replace the stock top shock bush as it's built into the cap protector, a truly worthy upgrade in my opinion..!!

IMG_3094.jpeg

Also fitted the HD shock ends to the shocks, not really needed on a buggy to be honest but wanted to try them out.
What I did find out though and mentioned this elsewhere on the forum is that the HD ends bind on the arms..!!
As you can see below the HD ends are quite a lot beefier than the stock ones 👍🏼

IMG_3096.jpeg

You can see the binding of the HD end in the lower arm, I would suggest that you could either file the arm a small amount or maybe even trim the shock end slightly. I chose to do neither and will just let the end or the arm wear itself how it wants.
( the binding isn't enough in my opinion to hamper any suspension travel, but you can feel the bind slightly when the shocks aren't mounted at the top.!! remember this isn't a race spec buggy so I think you'll be ok 😉)
I believe Corally will redesign these arms eventually into a v2 spec to toughen them up at the shock end bolt mounting and to also open up that gap for the HD end..!!

IMG_3114.jpeg

More soon 👍🏼

A little bit more 😉

Front end all stripped down...

IMG_3102.jpeg

Swiss 7075 hinge pin holders front and rear

IMG_3103.jpeg

Took this opportunity to fit my complementary HD steering blocks ( Thanks Corally ❤️ )

IMG_3106.jpeg

Close up of the stock steering top plate and related parts.

IMG_3169.jpeg

4mm shock tower with pills, plastic top plate with insert.

IMG_3170.jpeg

Swiss 7075 Ackerman top and bottom plates

IMG_3171.jpeg

This far into the build and only now I feel the need to add extra shims, when I assembled the new parts there was some slop in the steering, servo saver and Ackerman. Below you can see what I used complete with the measurements of said shims 👍🏼

IMG_3184.jpeg
IMG_3185.jpeg
IMG_3187.jpeg

I love the fact that the Corally's come with bearings in the steering and not cheap ass bushes..!! ( here's looking at you Arrma 🤔 )

IMG_3188.jpeg

Below are the parts to upgrade the steering to XTR spec plus I also fitted the 5mm shock tower 😎

IMG_3174.jpeg

Top plate, arm holder, arm pin bolts and body mount brace mount

IMG_3178.jpeg
IMG_3181.jpeg

Swiss 7075 chassis brace's front and rear, love the way they use dual 4mm bolts in the lower position ❤️👍🏼

IMG_3175.jpeg

Almost done 😉

Love the details and the pictures! How will you be able to sleep with red and orange anodizing!? 😉

I do have a legit question. What are you referring to when you refer to "Swiss" parts. I'm assuming the 7075 aluminum is the stronger upgraded stuff.

How will you be able to sleep with red and orange anodizing!? 😉
I know right, I'm not sleeping much and it's eating me up inside 😉🤣🤣🤣

I do have a legit question. What are you referring to when you refer to "Swiss" parts. I'm assuming the 7075 aluminum is the stronger upgraded stuff.
The "Swiss" parts are Corally's top of the line upgrades 👍🏼 the funny thing is the packaging says Swiss made, then also says made in Italy 🤪🤔

Back