Sketer Will this ESC fit my heavy Sketer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple questions:
Will this ESC with the Sketer? I don't want to drill holes.

Can the Kuron 725 can handle it without any problems? That's what YouTube told me but i want to make sure it goes without problems.

Or Should i do a combo? Advise then please.

https://rcspeedshop.nl/product/hobbywing-ezrun-max8-g2-esc-sensoredless-160-amp-3-6s-lipo-bec-6a/

Thanks guys.
Not sure about the mounting pattern or size difference between the stock TC and HW max8, but the Max8 will have no problem feeding the stock Sketer motor. It won't even break a sweat I don't think. It's the motor that draws the power from the esc, so no reason a higher rated esc will have a problem with a motor that's rated to draw less than the esc is rated for.. Why are you upgrading? Did the stock esc go out on you?

I have seen folks install the Max8 combo in the Sketer for sure though.. hopefully someone who has done this can give more info..

1662482521774.jpeg

1662482558685.jpeg

Not sure about the mounting pattern or size difference between the stock TC and HW max8, but the Max8 will have no problem feeding the stock Sketer motor. It won't even break a sweat I don't think. It's the motor that draws the power from the esc, so no reason a higher rated esc will have a problem with a motor that's rated to draw less than the esc is rated for.. Why are you upgrading? Did the stock esc go out on you?

I have seen folks install the Max8 combo in the Sketer for sure though.. hopefully someone who has done this can give more info..
Thanks. Found some max8 combo installs on youtube. Should fit but not sure if the ESC is the same as mine. Think mine is the newer version.
My Sketer is fatt due to the 7075 upgrades, belted tires and basherbody. Runs hot quick. Specially when temp outside is above average. outside temp is high here lately so didn't rum Sketer much. I want less issues over heating when temp outside is warmer. Got a fan up. Had 15t on it. Now back to 14t and original tires. Better but not perfect

So it is better to buy the original max8 then instead of the g2?
The original Max8 was sensorless motors only, while the Max8 G2 works with sensorless and sensored motors. Original Max8s are getting hard to find, and if you don't intend to run sensored motors, the Torox 185 would be a good choice. It's an original Max8 on steroids.

The original Max8 was sensorless motors only, while the Max8 G2 works with sensorless and sensored motors. Original Max8s are getting hard to find, and if you don't intend to run sensored motors, the Torox 185 would be a good choice. It's an original Max8 on steroids.
That's a good idea and it will fit in an instand. Gonna go for that.
Does it come with a std capacitor module? Or do i need to buy that also. Any other advise what to buy for the torox 185?

Last edited:
That's a good idea and it will fit in an instand. Gonna go for that.
Does it come with a std capacitor module? Or do i need to buy that also. Any other advise what to buy for the torox 185?
The Torox 185 on my new Muraco came with the capacitor module attached to the battery cable, but the one in my months old Radix6 did not. Unfortunately, many of the pics online do not show the battery leads, so it's hard to tell which ones have it, and which ones don't. This one on Ebay has it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384994411031?hash=item59a3748217:g:5nAAAOSwH-xix27l&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4BUGIKMnZ9OuTHYjlod6iFKUZmyq84vjEElcX68ZVTp/d56yBWWdTM5AseokSJlJriXhgJRRTjBLb9PZ1q7NpNU4+Ihyt9r4bMaN4mbs5ssSJtJ7/iHi8lLq/0qIAxQoTnUnoSYKRSPFLicaapI3HV8mR+aGqxJFemctd0KFKt3RKceN8QvOvrBrJ3UudsHhMDUHlAeWUdzM2AN0PdKgOC0Nt5KB+Hl2jmJPAjdIdkqN4JxJF1IFSOXsQWDA2PtWrik8pErgMGfjgBveO6zYbqZlCkP/vCaPtfuFhX+Qf+7U|tkp:Bk9SR7qiwfziYA

The Torox 185 on my new Muraco came with the capacitor module attached to the battery cable, but the one in my months old Radix6 did not. Unfortunately, many of the pics online do not show the battery leads, so it's hard to tell which ones have it, and which ones don't. This one on Ebay has it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384994411031?hash=item59a3748217:g:5nAAAOSwH-xix27l&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4BUGIKMnZ9OuTHYjlod6iFKUZmyq84vjEElcX68ZVTp/d56yBWWdTM5AseokSJlJriXhgJRRTjBLb9PZ1q7NpNU4+Ihyt9r4bMaN4mbs5ssSJtJ7/iHi8lLq/0qIAxQoTnUnoSYKRSPFLicaapI3HV8mR+aGqxJFemctd0KFKt3RKceN8QvOvrBrJ3UudsHhMDUHlAeWUdzM2AN0PdKgOC0Nt5KB+Hl2jmJPAjdIdkqN4JxJF1IFSOXsQWDA2PtWrik8pErgMGfjgBveO6zYbqZlCkP/vCaPtfuFhX+Qf+7U|tkp:Bk9SR7qiwfziYA
I have 2 torox 185 esc's from JRC,bought at different times. One has a cap pack, one doesn't. Haven't noticed much difference between the two.

I have 2 torox 185 esc's from JRC,bought at different times. One has a cap pack, one doesn't. Haven't noticed much difference between the two.
Will ask before i buy. Thanks for the tip

I haven't noticed any difference between my Radix6 without the cap pack and my Muraco with the cap pack, but I've only run the Muraco a couple of times due to the weather (heat and rain).

I suppose it depends on the setup you're running too. Lighter rigs with less power demand don't really need a cap pack.

I suppose it depends on the setup you're running too. Lighter rigs with less power demand don't really need a cap pack.
That makes sense: less weight means less stress on the power train. Here are some weights on various Corally vehicles;

Radix6 XP 3370 grams
Muraco XP 4350 grams
Kronos XP 4650 grams
Dementor XP 4800 grams

That makes sense: less weight means less stress on the power train. Here are some weights on various Corally vehicles;

Radix6 XP 3370 grams
Muraco XP 4350 grams
Kronos XP 4650 grams
Dementor XP 4800 grams
I don't dare to weigh my Sketer. The body weighs 500 grams allready.

I don't dare to weigh my Sketer. The body weighs 500 grams allready.
To me, the Sketer is like an armored 1/8 buggy. Even stock I feel it should've came equipped with a 6s capable power system installed. It's really borderline for 4s weight wise IMO. A torox 185 with the kuron 825 seems like a perfect marriage for a beefed up Sketer I'd say. Or any 4274 sized 2000kv motor.

Bought the torox 185, Kuron 185 combo and a dual fan to cool it even more down. Will upgrade the ESC fan later. Any advise or fans that will fit, will be appriciated.

Bought the torox 185, Kuron 185 combo and a dual fan to cool it even more down. Will upgrade the ESC fan later. Any advise or fans that will fit, will be appriciated.
Sweet!! It's gonna rip with that combo! As for the fan, both my stock torox are holding up fine. I blow everything out with air fairly regularly try not to blow directly at the fans, I blow through the side vents of the esc cover. Too many rpm from an air hose will destroy the fan.Also, I check the fans to make sure they're spinning whenever I turn a rig on and off. Usually if you catch it soon enough you can remove debris and keep them going. They're very fragile, once something gets caught and prevents a fan from spinning for any real length of time it's toast.
Are you looking to put a fan outside the shroud or under where the stock is mounted?
IIRC the fan under (stock) is a 30 x 10 mm. I buy them off amazon 5 for $15. They don't have the right plug but I save plugs from dead fans, servos, ect just for that purpose. Then solder them to the new fans.
I have bought the more expensive aluminum frame, high rpm fans such as rocket but IMO they're just as fragile as the cheap stock plastic ones. For me, it's usually debris that either breaks a blade or prevents the fans from spinning that causes failures. Hard to tell it's not spinning when you're busy having a good time running your rig I find😎
Also I should mention that I tend to run pretty conservative with regards to gearing and such, it's just safer that way since my electronics are not running at their limits all the time. If a fan goes out in use, sure it gets hot but not likely to failure. Sorry for the long wind, I hope there's something in this that helps. Enjoy that Sketer!!😁🍻

Back