Kronos XTR What got you to 6S Corally Land?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horatio

Reaction score
OK, so maybe you've had some rigs before you got to 6S brushless.

My journey kinda went 1/10th brushed, 1/8th nitro, 1/8th brushless.

Please list your rigs here!

I'll kick off with mine.

■Tamiya Sandscorcher
■Tamiya Superchamp
■Kyosho Rocky * mc112b esc
■PB Nova
■PB Mustang Xi2 Super Competition
■Mardave Maruader
■Corally 1/12th unknown version
■Schumacher Procat *
■Schumacher Bosscat *
■Schumacher Bosscat Works *
■Schumacher CAT 3000 *
■Tenth Tech Predator *
■Losi XXX *
■Yokomo MR4BC Super Dogfighter *
■Schumacher Axis*
■x2 Associated TC3 *
■Mardave V10 Stock Car
■HPI 1/10th RS4 Subaru Rally *
■Yokomo MR4 SD SS Rayspeed *
■Mugen MBX4RR *
■HPI Savage SS *
■Jammin X1CR
■Jammin X1CR Pro *
■HPI Baja 5B SS *
■Xray XT8 17
■Corally Kronos XTR
■Tamiya Sandscorcher

Cars marked with * have been raced at regional or national level series.

phew…

Wild Willy 1 and 2
The Bruiser (NOT the clone!)
XV-01
CR-01 (retired)
Losi Baja Rey (currently stowed away) and Rock Rey (the Swiss army knife RC)
SkyRC SB4(?) (retired)
The Bomber (Axial RR10) (about to be reactivated)
Losi Tenacity db pro (still in love)
TRX-4 (soon to be retired)
The Sand Scorcher (a must!)
The Hot-Shot
The Blitzer Beetle (retired)
The Kyosho Beetle

the Dementor was the first one beyond 3s
and as a backup: Notorious.

momentarily dreaming about a Hobao Hyper Cage

I got fed up with Arrma Spektrum electronics and tried a Corally Radix6. I now have it and a Muraco.
And so it begins.....😝👍

phew…

Wild Willy 1 and 2
The Bruiser (NOT the clone!)
XV-01
CR-01 (retired)
Losi Baja Rey (currently stowed away) and Rock Rey (the Swiss army knife RC)
SkyRC SB4(?) (retired)
The Bomber (Axial RR10) (about to be reactivated)
Losi Tenacity db pro (still in love)
TRX-4 (soon to be retired)
The Sand Scorcher (a must!)
The Hot-Shot
The Blitzer Beetle (retired)
The Kyosho Beetle

the Dementor was the first one beyond 3s
and as a backup: Notorious.

momentarily dreaming about a Hobao Hyper Cage
That's a fine collection of rigs. 😎👌

Always fancied a Hotshot. 💯

Can't remember how I got here :LOL:, all I know is as a kid I had Tamiya's (original 1st gen Sand Scorcher etc)
Must admit though it was a friend that truly set the addiction off again about 4 years ago, we got talking one day about RC's we had as kids and BOOM here I am now..:ROFLMAO:
Now I've got many RC's from various brands, currently my RC collection is Corally, Arrma, Tekno, Mugen, Axial, Vanquish, RC4WD, HPI, FTX, Tamiya.....

Can't remember how I got here :LOL:, all I know is as a kid I had Tamiya's (original 1st gen Sand Scorcher etc)
Must admit though it was a friend that truly set the addiction off again about 4 years ago, we got talking one day about RC's we had as kids and BOOM here I am now..:ROFLMAO:
Now I've got many RC's from various brands, currently my RC collection is Corally, Arrma, Tekno, Mugen, Axial, Vanquish, RC4WD, HPI, FTX, Tamiya.....
Nice! What do you make of the Tekno rigs? I'm really liking the idea of a ET48 2.0.

The build as much as anything else!

I had some miscellaneous toy grade rc's as a youngin..before my first hobby grade at 15.
RC10
Kyosho Double Dare
Losi GTX(x2)
T-maxx
TT MT4-G3
Redcat Avalanche XTE
Redcat Caldera 10e
Xray XB8
Redcat Kaiju
Arrma Mojave EXB
TC Kronos XTR
TRX Hoss
Arrma Kraton EXB
Tekno MT410
TRX Bandit
TRX Rustler
TRX Xmaxx
Tekno SCT410.3
Losi Lasernut
Not sure what's next.. waiting on TC to show us the Kagama..
Wanted to pick up the O8S EXB roller at $400 but just didn't have the scratch..
Thinking I'd like a 4x4 stadium truck, such as a ET410.. not sure.
I do feel TC offers alot of bang for the buck, but IDK if I'm really interested in anymore rtr's..

I'll play....
First real RC was a used Frog in '87.
First kit was the kyosho USA-1 electric version in about '94 ish.(POS)
Got a Stampede for fun around '98.
Buddy got one too and we started racing around at the ball fields.
1999 we found a semi local track and started racing them.
Then the Losi XXT replaced the stampede.
2wd buggy RC10 worlds car I got second hand to race with the staduim truck.
Then the XX-4 came out and had to have one of those too.

Big break.... marriage kids...
2006 or so oldest showed a little interest. Dusted off the rcs ...tore some stuff up, couldn't find parts...ya know cost a lot for certain things.
2009 or so got into the crawler thing.
Tried but couldn't get the same rush from it.
Little more time passes. Daughter the youngest shows some interest.
Got matching Twin Hammers kits around 2015/16.
Picked up a Basher Sabertooth to try the whole new to me brushless lipo craze.
Been dabbling about since.
Tekno mt410
Hobao Hyper MT+2
Working on Kronos hybrid punisher ..been in the works for 15 months now.
I tried the Hyper on 8s once and blew the tires off so i will be sticking with 6s.

Cheers!

I'll play....
First real RC was a used Frog in '87.
First kit was the kyosho USA-1 electric version in about '94 ish.(POS)
Got a Stampede for fun around '98.
Buddy got one too and we started racing around at the ball fields.
1999 we found a semi local track and started racing them.
Then the Losi XXT replaced the stampede.
2wd buggy RC10 worlds car I got second hand to race with the staduim truck.
Then the XX-4 came out and had to have one of those too.

Big break.... marriage kids...
2006 or so oldest showed a little interest. Dusted off the rcs ...tore some stuff up, couldn't find parts...ya know cost a lot for certain things.
2009 or so got into the crawler thing.
Tried but couldn't get the same rush from it.
Little more time passes. Daughter the youngest shows some interest.
Got matching Twin Hammers kits around 2015/16.
Picked up a Basher Sabertooth to try the whole new to me brushless lipo craze.
Been dabbling about since.
Tekno mt410
Hobao Hyper MT+2
Working on Kronos hybrid punisher ..been in the works for 15 months now.
I tried the Hyper on 8s once and blew the tires off so i will be sticking with 6s.

Cheers!
I too have taken many breaks from the hobby over the years..I loved my nitros.. until I experienced lipo powered electrics.. that was pretty much the end of my nitro days.. still have 3 of them, but I seriously doubt I'll ever touch them again..

Also, I even had wifey on board for a short period , bought the Avalanche XTE for her, Caldera 10e for my 12 year old daughter. They lost interest pretty quickly though. The Avalanche was a real disappointment.. that thing would break soon as the switch was turned on..LOL.

Nice! What do you make of the Tekno rigs? I'm really liking the idea of a ET48 2.0.
I'll keep this short for you... Tekno's are AWESOME..!!!
I love kit building, and it don't get much better than a Tekno :cool: ( well, maybe a Mugen or an Xray :ROFLMAO: )

This is great guys! Thanks for all the interesting responses. We've got quite a few hardcore RC'ers here.

It's cool how everybody takes a different path, yet end up at Team Corally land.🤓

I'm genuinely looking at Arrma Kraton EXB's. I'd like to see what I can do with one. Besides break it, obviously!😆

I love kit building, and it don't get much better than a Tekno :cool: ( well, maybe a Mugen or an Xray :ROFLMAO: )
I've got a lovely XT8 to keep a ET48 2.0 company. You've just sealed the deal.😎

I too have taken many breaks from the hobby over the years..I loved my nitros.. until I experienced lipo powered electrics.. that was pretty much the end of my nitro days.. still have 3 of them, but I seriously doubt I'll ever touch them again..

Also, I even had wifey on board for a short period , bought the Avalanche XTE for her, Caldera 10e for my 12 year old daughter. They lost interest pretty quickly though. The Avalanche was a real disappointment.. that thing would break soon as the switch was turned on..LOL.
I had my wifey onboard. For all of 5 mins. She no longer liked RC after she managed to run herself over with the Baja 5B.

Now I have to double check that she's not accidentally setting fire to my rigs........😱

A big plus for the Tekno is that M2C makes alot of parts for them if you really wanna get "jiggy" with it..😎

This is great guys! Thanks for all the interesting responses. We've got quite a few hardcore RC'ers here.

It's cool how everybody takes a different path, yet end up at Team Corally land.🤓

I'm genuinely looking at Arrma Kraton EXB's. I'd like to see what I can do with one. Besides break it, obviously!😆

I've got a lovely XT8 to keep a ET48 2.0 company. You've just sealed the deal.😎

I had my wifey onboard. For all of 5 mins. She no longer liked RC after she managed to run herself over with the Baja 5B.

Now I have to double check that she's not accidentally setting fire to my rigs........😱
Well, that's a good way to keep the hobby to urself?🤔😮😉😂😂

I guess I "accomplished " a similar outcome by getting her the Avalanche.. although not intending to sour her experience.. she even pulled off a back flip or two with it.. I really tried to keep that thing going but the drivetrain was just not up to task, 4s just shredded it..
As you can see, I've only one TC thus far. It's good, next gen should be the sweet spot for TC I think.. they're hungry for a slice of the pie..TRX is the fat cat.. Arrma, some where in between..
With the 8s rtr exb release, they're showing that they still desire to be competitive against the TRX 8s lineup. TRX just thinks they're invincible and can name their own price.. I do love an underdog.. c'mon TC, bring us that 3rd gen 6s!!😎🤘🍻

Last edited:
A big plus for the Tekno is that M2C makes alot of parts for them if you really wanna get "jiggy" with it..😎
I totally get what your saying, but I like my Tekno's to be Tekno..
I leave my Arrma's to the M2C upgrades, they need all the help they can get :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well, that's a good way to keep the hobby to urself?🤔😮😉😂😂

I guess I "accomplished " a similar outcome by getting her the Avalanche.. although not intending to sour her experience.. she even pulled off a back flip or two with it.. I really tried to keep that thing going but the drivetrain was just not up to task, 4s just shredded it..
As you can see, I've only one TC thus far. It's good, next gen should be the sweet spot for TC I think.. they're hungry for a slice of the pie..TRX is the fat cat.. Arrma, some where in between..
With the 8s rtr exb release, they're showing that they still desire to be competitive against the TRX 8s lineup. TRX just thinks they're invincible and can name their own price.. I do love an underdog.. c'mon TC, bring us that 3rd gen 6s!!😎🤘🍻
At the time, my smaller rig was the Savage SS which required very careful inputs - STS .30 on 25% fuel wasn't really a good place to start. 🤣

So we tried the Baja 5B in a wide open space. I explained that the controls seem reversed to our perspective when driving towards ourselves.

She got this concept - until bringing the car in on the last pass, where she maxed the throttle when attempting to brake. It was just a reflex. The Baja is a real shin breaker, isn't it? 😝

Needless to say, all my rigs are pointless evil wastes of money that deserve nothing but scorn and contempt.

I totally get what your saying, but I like my Tekno's to be Tekno..
I leave my Arrma's to the M2C upgrades, they need all the help they can get :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
FWIW, I don't own a single piece of M2C. Not cuz I don't like, but rather haven't needed any, Arrma or Tekno's. I own 2 of each. 😉

At the time, my smaller rig was the Savage SS which required very careful inputs - STS .30 on 25% fuel wasn't really a good place to start. 🤣

So we tried the Baja 5B in a wide open space. I explained that the controls seem reversed to our perspective when driving towards ourselves.

She got this concept - until bringing the car in on the last pass, where she maxed the throttle when attempting to brake. It was just a reflex. The Baja is a real shin breaker, isn't it? 😝

Needless to say, all my rigs are pointless evil wastes of money that deserve nothing but scorn and contempt.
While I haven't experienced a Baja 5B, I have an Xmaxx, seen a Losi 5T in action as well..no thanks, I'll take ur word for it about breaking shins!!😉😂😂🍻

FWIW, I don't own a single piece of M2C. Not cuz I don't like, but rather haven't needed any, Arrma or Tekno's. I own 2 of each. 😉
I nearly pulled the trigger on a ET48.2 on Ebay - it looks really nice. And it has upgraded carbon fibre parts. £360.

Right now however, I'm looking at a new ET48 2.0. The main attraction to the new version is the fact that I get to build it straight from the box.

In the UK the Techno truggy is around £599, but that compares favourably to the X-ray XT8.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a ET48.2 on Ebay - it looks really nice. And it has upgraded carbon fibre parts. £360.

Right now however, I'm looking at a new ET48 2.0. The main attraction to the new version is the fact that I get to build it straight from the box.

In the UK the Techno truggy is around £599, but that compares favourably to the X-ray XT8.
Nah.. you gotta build it!! Not that the ebay listing sounds bad, actually sounds great but..well you know. The Tekno is a budget racer compared to Mugen or Xray here in the states. Not low quality of course, just more affordable. This 2007 Xray XB8 EC I have here is quite convincing about Xray quality though IMO. It's got alot of miles on it, not the best kept either, which is how I know it's of high quality. 😉

Nah.. you gotta build it!! Not that the ebay listing sounds bad, actually sounds great but..well you know. The Tekno is a budget racer compared to Mugen or Xray here in the states. Not low quality of course, just more affordable. This 2007 Xray XB8 EC I have here is quite convincing about Xray quality though IMO. It's got alot of miles on it, not the best kept either, which is how I know it's of high quality. 😉
Yeah it makes perfect sense. I'm a huge fan of x-ray truggies as well, but seeing as I've already got an XT8, it seems 'sensible' to give Tekno a go. They look really nice.

I've got to hide the new 30cc twin cylinder aerobatic 3DHS Extra aircraft as it is, so no idea how I'm going to pull off introducing a new truggy into the mix! 🤔 Building it in the shed helps. Displaying it once it's finished though....🥴

I realised that my existing phone wasn't new anymore. In fact, it was nearly 5 years old which in mobile phone terms is pretty much antique.

I hadn't appreciated that a decent mobile phone these days can be as much as 1500 quid(!!!!), which is depressing.

After much thought, I went with a brand new Pixel 7 Pro and use my special SIM only. It's awesome to be fair. I'm loving speech to text!

The camera is flawless. 😍

Back