Upping punch to level 4 on Radix 6.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash_194

Reaction score
Hi all,

From peoples experience, what sort of battery C rating would you need to be running to notice a difference when turning the ESC punch up to 4?

Thanks in advance!

Most of my batteries are 60c with a few higher (assuming you can believe the numbers printed on them) and I had no issues running max punch on any of mine

Thanks mate, I have a programming card on order (can't be doing with trying to go through the bleeping menu! lol). Will give it a try.

I'm a max punch sort of guy :cool::ROFLMAO: Go big or go home..!!
Did you change the punch using a programme card or did you do it via the esc bleep settings? I have a card on order because I just couldn't get the bleeps to make sense when playing with the esc!

I just use the set button on the power switch, hold it down while powering on and leave it down till you get to the desired thing you're looking to adjust. Believe it's 10 for punch so 2 long beeps, let go and it'll beep a certain amount of times designating it's current setting, tap the set button to go through the levels of that particular setting. Long process if you're adjusting a lot of stuff because you have to power off after each one but pretty basic once you understand the concept

I just use the set button on the power switch, hold it down while powering on and leave it down till you get to the desired thing you're looking to adjust. Believe it's 10 for punch so 2 long beeps, let go and it'll beep a certain amount of times designating it's current setting, tap the set button to go through the levels of that particular setting. Long process if you're adjusting a lot of stuff because you have to power off after each one but pretty basic once you understand the concept
Cheers mate, I did it in the end. I found a really good video on YouTube. Embarrassingly, it was the long beeps that were throwing me at first.

Hi guys
A bit off topic here.
I'm new to electric and trying to understand C ratings.
I thought the higher the rating the more current delivered but today an ad popped up for a Traxxas 3s Slash battery and it's only 25C.
My question is why the low rating if the above is correct?

Hi guys
A bit off topic here.
I thought the higher the rating the more current delivered but today an ad popped up for a Traxxas 3s Slash battery and it's only 25C.
The C rating is the discharge rate of the battery. So for example in my instance, everything could be running fine for me on say 50/60C batteries, but when I up the punch and the ESC is wanting to pull more from the batteries to ramp the motor up quicker, the batteries could potentially be a bottle neck.

There are more people capable than me on this forum so hopefully someone will be along to expand or correct! 🤣🙈

The C rating is the discharge rate of the battery. So for example in my instance, everything could be running fine for me on say 50/60C batteries, but when I up the punch and the ESC is wanting to pull more from the batteries to ramp the motor up quicker, the batteries could potentially be a bottle neck.

There are more people capable than me on this forum so hopefully someone will be along to expand or correct! 🤣🙈

Thanks mate

Hi guys
A bit off topic here.
That's because Traxxas builds all their electronics to only need/require 25c, it's the only c rating they offer for their batteries. They do it for reliability and ease of understanding for beginners. But yes, you are correct, once you start using electronics that aren't so throttled back you need higher c ratings. Typically a 50c battery from a reputable brand is more than enough for any typical basher. If your battery charger gives internal resistance that's the best way to know if it's truly a good battery for delivering power considering manufacturer's can put whatever number they want for a c rating on the pack regardless if it's accurate, unfortunately you can't test ir prior to buying so that's where they get us!

That's because Traxxas builds all their electronics to only need/require 25c, it's the only c rating they offer for their batteries. They do it for reliability and ease of understanding for beginners. But yes, you are correct, once you start using electronics that aren't so throttled back you need higher c ratings. Typically a 50c battery from a reputable brand is more than enough for any typical basher. If your battery charger gives internal resistance that's the best way to know if it's truly a good battery for delivering power considering manufacturer's can put whatever number they want for a c rating on the pack regardless if it's accurate, unfortunately you can't test ir prior to buying so that's where they get us!

Thanks for that.
Will running 60C in a Traxxas cause any problems?
I'll leave you guys alone to continue the original thread now.

Thanks for that.
Will running 60C in a Traxxas cause any problems?
I'll leave you guys alone to continue the original thread now.
Won't hurt it a bit, it's not adding power to the system, higher c just has the ability to transfer more amps when needed

Hobbywing program card (y)
What I've been using as well..actually I think mine is a Turnigy from Hobbyking..same difference 😁
I will say the TC electrics do pull some amps. My so called 100c CNHL racing 6200mah 4s packs get pretty warm in my kronos xtr. Funny thing is I run 2 of these batts in a bone stock Xmaxx and they don't heat up at all. Maybe 4s is a bit low for the kronos? IDK. I enjoy the kronos on 4s, 6s just destroys tires too quickly for my budget though.

poop you're lucky,
Here in Europe we have import taxes for overseas packages.

Ah thanks, i have this card from some esc's that i bought in the past!
I'll try to see if they work with Sketer...

Ah thanks, i have this card from some esc's that i bought in the past!
I'll try to see if they work with Sketer...
I used the Hobbywing programming on my new Muraco about 15 minutes ago, and I've used it previously on my Radix6. Make sure you use the options and settings from the user manual, not the ones printed on the programming card, because there might be differences between the two.

Back