Traxxas Sledge truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin Talbot tried it out.

- Tires are like pizza cutters, so you would need to replace the "no upgrade, premium" wheels
- "No upgrade" servo is strong but really slow
- And we know the ESC is good for nothing

I'm interested how the chassis will hold up after it gets sent in a skate park, but this does look like the usual Traxxas story.
Overpriced with parts that look sturdy, but with sub-par electronics and tires. At this point it would be better if they come out with a roller.
(That would still be overpriced :ROFLMAO:)

In the same video Kevin mentioned he's bent the chassis on the Kronos after 5 mins. o_O Would like to see how he managed to do that...
The thumbnail for this video says it all IMO. Best rc car of 2022!?? How can anyone say that already? I think it takes several bashes in different settings to even form a real opinion, not to mention this is third month of 2022? If that doesn't show where his loyalty lies I don't know what does. He's entertaining to a degree,but I can only tolerate him for a short period. I don't think I have ever watched any of his videos from start to finish.
Only time will tell if/how good the sludge is.

Exactly! He's been procrastinating on the XTR video for weeks, and then jumps on the Sledge straight away. Not good. He's videos may be entertaining but I wouldn't advise them as good technical RC videos.
I think it's not procrastinating but rather that it's taken him weeks to break it.

He'll edit weeks of skate park abuse down into one video.

That kid could break a crowbar in a sandbox...

I think it's not procrastinating but rather that it's taken him weeks to break it.

He'll edit weeks of skate park abuse down into one video.

Ha! I like your theory!!!

In KT's defense....maybe he did break it quickly? We can clearly saw RC Driver bend the Sludge really fast. I don't think it has to be a slight to a specific brand. I jumped into Arrma bandwagon and bought an Outcast after reading how bashable they were. I broke it every time I went out and got disenchanted with it. Granted it was from my horrible driving. I must have snapped a wing mount 5 or 6 times. I broke a shock, and A-arm and ripped a pivot ball up front. I loved how fast it was but was sick of it breaking evey time I ran it. Hold your laughter and your blasphemy, but I sold it and bought a Maxx. Problem not solved. Holy hell does this thing have terrible for handling even with the wide kit. Ok for power but I missed the 6s pop of the Outcast. It's certainly not as fun as the Outcast. But, the truck doesn't break on me. I'm also not saying it won't break. It certainly will. They all break but they're all fun. Either way I'm looking forward to the Kronos.

Pretty sure anyone can break any of these rigs if they tried? He just simply doesn't care, hell, I can do that too.
With that said, the sludge took a good beating. Nothing a kronos or kraton couldn't do though.
I bet the kraton his buddy was running has been through the ringer many times before this video.

I think it's important to remember that KT has a huge channel for doing one thing, he breaks free cars. He has one gimmick, it works and works well.

You can't get mad at him for making money off youtube. If it gets the views he'll keep doing it.

Let's not act as if he is anything other than what he is. Let's not credit him for being something he is not.

If we want an honest review we watch RazorRC, if we want to see a clown break cars we watch KT.

In KT's defense....maybe he did break it quickly? We can clearly saw RC Driver bend the Sludge really fast. I don't think it has to be a slight to a specific brand. I jumped into Arrma bandwagon and bought an Outcast after reading how bashable they were. I broke it every time I went out and got disenchanted with it. Granted it was from my horrible driving. I must have snapped a wing mount 5 or 6 times. I broke a shock, and A-arm and ripped a pivot ball up front. I loved how fast it was but was sick of it breaking evey time I ran it. Hold your laughter and your blasphemy, but I sold it and bought a Maxx. Problem not solved. Holy hell does this thing have terrible for handling even with the wide kit. Ok for power but I missed the 6s pop of the Outcast. It's certainly not as fun as the Outcast. But, the truck doesn't break on me. I'm also not saying it won't break. It certainly will. They all break but they're all fun. Either way I'm looking forward to the Kronos.
My Kraton also always broke, but not the arms, the wing mount or anything I would be OK with breaking. All my diffs broke, several times...

I sold it and bought a Kronos XTR - my rear turnbuckle broke after hitting a rock with a rear tire, but I'm not upset, because I think it's okay for these things to break - diffs not so much.

I also have a Maxx and it's a different truck. I keep 1 stunt truck, 1 truggy and 1 MT for the different driving experience.
I think I enjoy truggies the most and the Kronos is a better driving one than the Kraton was, so I'm actually glad that I made the switch. (and the diffs are not breaking after 5 mins of driving :D)

I think it's important to remember that KT has a huge channel for doing one thing, he breaks free cars. He has one gimmick, it works and works well.

You can't get mad at him for making money off youtube. If it gets the views he'll keep doing it.

Let's not act as if he is anything other than what he is. Let's not credit him for being something he is not.

If we want an honest review we watch RazorRC, if we want to see a clown break cars we watch KT.
True dat👍 I think it's great that he has the fortune he has. He is a guy with an average skill set in terms of rc cars that I think makes him relatable. Add to that the fact that he can afford to just abuse these rc's with no regard of the outcome,some cheeky humor..instant YT success.

I'd like to add that I find the body clip,battery strap vs TRX's quick system comparison to be irrelevant.. not to say it isn't quicker or easier, but who is actually in such a hurry anyway? These rigs need to cool off between packs IMO, and the TRX system is far from secure after being used/abused for any length of time. The battery tray only securely holds TRX batteries without modification. The maxx bodies are notorious for flying off after any big hit even when landing on all fours. I am eager to see if the "new" TRX clipless design is any better..once things get tweaked and worn,it'll either be impossible to get on or get off without a fight I suspect.

Am I the only one who never runs longer than 1 pack. I usually either break something or have somewhere else to be. HA

I agree, while I like the Maxx bodies clipless system, it does pop off quite a bit.

Am I the only one who never runs longer than 1 pack. I usually either break something or have somewhere else to be. HA

I agree, while I like the Maxx bodies clipless system, it does pop off quite a bit.
Definitely not the only one. HaHa. I actually go from one rig to another after finishing off a battery pack, IF something doesn't break before;)

It's a benefit of having 9 rigs and 5 acres to bash at home I guess.:D

Definitely not the only one. HaHa. I actually go from one rig to another after finishing off a battery pack, IF something doesn't break before;)

It's a benefit of having 9 rigs and 5 acres to bash at home I guess.:D

That statement has the makings of a modern Country Western song.

How healthy is your dog? I hope I didn't jinx 'em...

That statement has the makings of a modern Country Western song.

How healthy is your dog? I hope I didn't jinx 'em...
Don't you hate it when your rc runs through dog poop!?🤣🤣🍻

The maxx bodies are notorious for flying off after any big hit even when landing on all fours.
Yes, they are. and the v2 is worse than the v1 imo.

I replaced mine with a basher bodies unbreakable and proline body mounts - which also did not work, so I have now flexible body posts :LOL:
You can also check out my erevo rims with Backflip LP's, because I also didn't like the factory fitted Sledgehammers...

20220203_131821.jpg

Yup back in 2017 I wanted to get myself a real basher, and after watching videos of guys like Vas from Aussie Rc Playground and Tp Parts Extreme launch those things through the air I just had to have one. Imagine the disappointment I had when after one jump attempt I had broken the front bumper, broke a front gearbox, bent both front cvds, bent both front shock shafts, broke the front chassis brace and bent the front of the chassis.
Now that I have learned to land it rarely breaks, but when it does it break it breaks good like this :ROFLMAO::LOL:

20210925_140404.jpg

Back