Traxxas Sledge truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a really nice RC the new Sledge, but I'll pass. I've made s promise to myself that I'm not giving TRX any more of my money and instead I'm getting behind TC. I think the new XTR still has an advantage over the new Sledge, and if you get the XTR and flesh it out with stock electronics is still cheaper. And the TC electronics are way superior.

Looks like a really nice RC the new Sledge, but I'll pass. I've made s promise to myself that I'm not giving TRX any more of my money and instead I'm getting behind TC. I think the new XTR still has an advantage over the new Sledge, and if you get the XTR and flesh it out with stock electronics is still cheaper. And the TC electronics are way superior.
I would bet my hard earned money on the XTR over the Sludge every time. Even if it did cost more to build out. As to parts availability, who cares.. I haven't set foot in a local stealership(LHS) in at least 15 years!? Uh..we can order one for you🤪 Yeah, me too, AND have it delivered to my door step. No thanks.

I would bet my hard earned money on the XTR over the Sludge every time. Even if it did cost more to build out. As to parts availability, who cares.. I haven't set foot in a local stealership(LHS) in at least 15 years!? Uh..we can order one for you🤪 Yeah, me too, AND have it delivered to my door step. No thanks.
Yeah I hear you. I personally think people get too hung up on parts availability. I prefer a premium quality RC even if it means getting parts could potentially mean one of two weeks waiting for them.
I live in Europe so getting TC parts for me is not too bad, but it'll still be about a week delivery time. To the US I'd say two weeks probably.

same here on lhs the guy here is a total pric* won't go back

To add to that, I know any rc will break inevitably, but what I find with TRX is that they seem to purposely design wear items so sparingly as to guarantee you'll be buying them sooner than later..like with my Arrma and TC rigs, I've put many packs through them and the suspension and steering are relatively tight still. Where as with my TRX rigs, after a half dozen packs, I have sloppy steering causing the truck to be nearly impossible to maintain a line,sloppy,leaking shocks,ect.
Now, if it were a cheaper buy,ok, but TRX are some of the priciest bashers on the market.
Just my opinions.

I guess the 2 best things TRX has going for them is they seem to keep making parts for their models FOREVER..I ean you can still buy parts for a rustler or stampede you bought 20 years ago.🤣 Then the parts availability, I hear there's even a supply stashed on the moon!!(kidding)

Last edited:
I called the the only two LHS's near me to see if that had an XTR in stock. I saw a Dementor at one of them a year is so ago. They did not have any and said they don't have them very often. The other store never heard of the brand. They do have just about ever Trx and Arrma part you could want in stock.

I guess I should clarify that I'm certainly not against supporting the LHS. It's just that whenever I've gone to one, I get treated like I'm waisting their time, and I'm an idiot if I don't take their advice. Furthermore I don't think I should have to pad their wallets for years before they decide to give me a fair price on something.
Of course then there's the attitude they give you because you're NOT interested in an overpriced TRX. Soo, thank goodness I can get pretty much everything online for a better price. Then come to a nice place like Corally forums and get help and advice from like minded people when I need it!! 👍👌🙏

over priced for me pass
Same for me, ESC is garbage, I didn't like those tires on my maxx and replaced them. 6061 aluminium - not sure how will it hold up. Way overpriced imo.

no stock sway bars (for $800 they couldn't add sway bars?),
They didn't even add droop screws for that kind of money. That is fine on a Wltoys, but for a "premium" basher...
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I read their sales document that compares themselves to Arrma Kraton on value and it seemed like some of their comparisons weren't really fair. Interesting they didn't go after Corally lol.
That's probably because they saw the 2022 Kronos XTR and thought, Oh 💩 we can't compete with the Corally lets just go after Arrma instead 🤔🤣🤣

That's probably because they saw the 2022 Kronos XTR and thought, Oh 💩 we can't compete with the Corally lets just go after Arrma instead 🤔🤣🤣
I agree with you,I think the 22 xtr is likey the best 1/8 basher right now. Tough as any,and handles better to boot👍

Kevin Talbot tried it out.

- Tires are like pizza cutters, so you would need to replace the "no upgrade, premium" wheels
- "No upgrade" servo is strong but really slow
- And we know the ESC is good for nothing

I'm interested how the chassis will hold up after it gets sent in a skate park, but this does look like the usual Traxxas story.
Overpriced with parts that look sturdy, but with sub-par electronics and tires. At this point it would be better if they come out with a roller.
(That would still be overpriced :ROFLMAO:)

In the same video Kevin mentioned he's bent the chassis on the Kronos after 5 mins. o_O Would like to see how he managed to do that...

In the same video Kevin mentioned he's bent the chassis on the Kronos after 5 mins. o_O Would like to see how he managed to do that...

He really cast aside the Kronos in that video.

I'm starting to think that maybe the Kronos '22 top bracing is a weak point and needs to be bonded together 🤔
To anyone that has the '22 model once you start to take it apart you'll notice that the end pieces are just pushed on..!! ( I'll be going over this in my build thread at some point 👍🏼 )
If you look at the recent Arrma's even though the brace doesn't stop you bending the chassis the bar is at least all bolted together..!!

He really cast aside the Kronos in that video.
I wasn't expecting him to be fair towards it. He is at least unconsciously biased against Corally and he likes Traxxas...
And he came out with a quick video for the Sledge, because imo there is a bigger demand from his viewers than for anything Corally makes.

I wasn't expecting him to be fair towards it. He is at least unconsciously biased against Corally and he likes Traxxas...
And he came out with a quick video for the Sledge, because imo there is a bigger demand from his viewers than for anything Corally makes.
Exactly! He's been procrastinating on the XTR video for weeks, and then jumps on the Sledge straight away. Not good. He's videos may be entertaining but I wouldn't advise them as good technical RC videos.

Exactly! He's been procrastinating on the XTR video for weeks, and then jumps on the Sledge straight away. Not good. He's videos may be entertaining but I wouldn't advise them as good technical RC videos.

He seems like a corporate establishment plant. Pretty much a venue to sell stuff. Not surprised he'd throw corally by the wayside very quickly

I find him insufferable to watch. Giant annoying man child. My son watches some YouTube show called Unspeakable. Reminds of that. Should be called Unwatchable. 😆

Kevin Talbot tried it out.

At 8:55, it reminds me so much of my MAXX, no matter what I've done to try to fix it, every time I squeeze the trigger to go faster the bloody thing always pulls to one side or the other, literally impossible to keep a straight line at higher speeds. I've tried everything I can think of, changed all berings, rebuilt diffs, rebuilt steering bellcrank and servo saver, aligned steering perfectly straight, trim, new tires, etc... Seems like the Sledge does the same thing.

Back