Tips installing Kuron 825 motor and torox 185 ESC on Sketer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Stig

Reaction score
Okay, got my new Kuron 825 and Torox 185 and i want to upgrade my Sketer. Never changed or installed a motor and ESC before. Is there a video on youtube that i can use how to install it? And bind it with with the standard transmitter and receiver?
Gonna run 4s only.
Or should i just go the trail and error way 😉
Thanks guys.

IMG_20220916_182855.jpg

I would try to explain it, but it's better to see it done. Do a search on YouTube and you should find the videos you need. For search terms, use something like "installing motor and ESC into a Corally Sketer".

Once you have the motor and ESC installed, you will have to calibrate the new ESC to your transmitter. Search YouTube for "calibrating Torox 185 ESC to "X" transmitter, where "X" is the brand of transmitter you own.

Good luck.

I agree with @morrjr71 . Easier to find a video to learn it from. Don't limit your search to Corally though, it is a HW system, so throttle calibration steps should be the same as say a Max 8.
Also, unless you're changing radio and receiver, no need to bind. The critical thing here is throttle calibration. I'd suggest disconnecting one of the 3 motor wires while calibrating the esc. I've had plenty of botched calibration procedures where the car goes full tilt unexpectedly. Can't happen if you disconnect a motor lead. Has no effect on the calibrating procedure. Good luck, and, good choice on the TC combo. They rip!!

Here's a good video on calibrating a Hobbywing brushless ESC.

Here's a video that shows how to install a motor and ESC. The video shows a Corally 6s, but the Sketer should be similar.

Last edited:
How is the ESC bolted to the chassis? Or is it glued. Any advise how to get the damn thing of? And i need to buy the xt90 plug 😔because i don't run 6s. Why why! doesn't it come with the ESC. Not everyone runs 6s 😉

How is the ESC bolted to the chassis? Or is it glued. Any advise how to get the damn thing of? And i need to buy the xt90 plug 😔because i don't run 6s. Why why! doesn't it come with the ESC. Not everyone runs 6s 😉
The ESC is bolted to the battery tray from the underside. You need to remove the battery tray to get access to the four fasteners that go into the bottom of ESC.

The ESC is bolted to the battery tray from the underside. You need to remove the battery tray to get access to the four fasteners that go into the bottom of ESC.
Thanks. Got it lose and getting ready to change it. Cable management is different. Any photo of a Sketer with a torox 185 installed?

Almost done. Prepped the motor. Closed the screw holes so no crap can get it. Hope i have time to install it tomorrow. Then i have to wait to get the xt90 plug so i can run 4s. Not sure how it is called.

Almost done. Prepped the motor. Closed the screw holes so no crap can get it. Hope i have time to install it tomorrow. Then i have to wait to get the xt90 plug so i can run 4s. Not sure how it is called.
Are you referring to the jumper that allows it to use one battery instead of 2?

Are you referring to the jumper that allows it to use one battery instead of 2?
So it is called a jumper. Yes, thats what i mean. Hope i get it tomorrow 🤞
For the rest, it is done and dusted.

IMG_20220919_155634.jpg

Got the jumper. Now need to find some time to test my new setup 💪

View attachment 3045
I know the feeling: I haven't had much time to run any of my RC vehicles, especially the Muraco. I think I'm done with upgrades on it for now, and hopefully the weather and schedule will permit me to give it a good run sometime this week. Good luck with getting your Sketer dialed in.

I know the feeling: I haven't had much time to run any of my RC vehicles, especially the Muraco. I think I'm done with upgrades on it for now, and hopefully the weather and schedule will permit me to give it a good run sometime this week. Good luck with getting your Sketer dialed in.
I hear ya, we're getting some much needed rain in the northeast US finally. Doesn't help with rc'ing unfortunately..
I just finished up an Tekno SCT build, got a few runs in before the rains came at least. Great rig BTW, my first actual SCT. It handles amazing compared to my bashers.

Any updates? Have you had a chance to run the Sketer? Anxious to hear your thoughts.😃

Any updates? Have you had a chance to run the Sketer? Anxious to hear your thoughts.😃
Ran a pack 2day. It is absolutely mental on 4s now. Tires where like pancakes. Gonna put my belted ones back on. And i have to change centre diff oil. Atm 100k. Gonna go for 500k. I really love my car now. Not so hot anymore. Cornering is a bit tricky now. Rolls over quicker. Other oil will hopefully help. Its a beast 💪 Will upgrade more as i go. I can advise anyone to change the Esc and motor. It is easy and well worth it. Need 2 learn to drive it again 🤣

Ran a pack 2day. It is absolutely mental on 4s now. Tires where like pancakes. Gonna put my belted ones back on. And i have to change centre diff oil. Atm 100k. Gonna go for 500k. I really love my car now. Not so hot anymore. Cornering is a bit tricky now. Rolls over quicker. Other oil will hopefully help. Its a beast 💪 Will upgrade more as i go. I can advise anyone to change the Esc and motor. It is easy and well worth it. Need 2 learn to drive it again 🤣 4s only.

Back