Asuga Stig's Asuga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve spent weeks because I’ve ordered a lot and most has come from over seas. Not to mention, there were a lot of upgrades available for the Sketer, plus I had to get the normal stuff when jumping into the hobby.

Now… show us some finished pics and a run video. I’m excited!

1 smaller? Are the motor end plates removable? Maybe a spare? This is Max 8 g2? Is there a cover for the sensor port? Not sure, just taking guesses 🤷‍♂️

But yeah, 2 is the norm..
Thanks for the advise. It is a max 8 g2. I know now where it is for. It is the servo arm screw 🥴 Corally roller comes with it. Need to get the motor of again to retrieve it 🤣

Last edited:
I’ve spent weeks because I’ve ordered a lot and most has come from over seas. Not to mention, there were a lot of upgrades available for the Sketer, plus I had to get the normal stuff when jumping into the hobby.

Now… show us some finished pics and a run video. I’m excited!
Need good weather 😉 And not into making videos 🤣

Hey Stig...
Please let us know how the diff fluid looked out of the box. Full? Low? Dry? Thanks man.
If i got the times i will check it.

Electronics are in. Mounted the mud guards. Had to trim them because they where 2 long. Zipped 1 hole to my arm with a cable tie. Could not get the screws in with a screw driver 🤔
Got 1 shock shock on.
1 bumpers is missing some parts. Pointed it with my finger. Contacted the seller, hope he can help me out. I will mount the front first. That package is complete.

IMG_20230331_193653.jpg

IMG_20230331_194621.jpg

IMG_20230331_192504.jpg

Last edited:
Coming along. Can't wait to hear how she runs. I got the servo in today and did some soldering on my esc. Changed to EC5 connector. The max8 came with xt90 so changed them out and removed the jumper cause I'm only using 1 battery and didn't want the extra wire hanging around in there cluttering up the place. Hope tomorrow I can check the diffs. Seems like a well built rig so far. Good luck.

Coming along. Can't wait to hear how she runs. I got the servo in today and did some soldering on my esc. Changed to EC5 connector. The max8 came with xt90 so changed them out and removed the jumper cause I'm only using 1 battery and didn't want the extra wire hanging around in there cluttering up the place. Hope tomorrow I can check the diffs. Seems like a well built rig so far. Good luck.
You 2 bro. I only wanna run xt90 in my corally cars. Maybe a other brand in the future with EC5 only. But for now i stick to xt90 only.

Hey Stig...
Are those Proline Badlands a direct fit? You don't have to change anything to fit them on the Asuga? Thanks man.
The proline badlands 2.8 won't fit it is rubbing the top, underneath is fine 😔 also not on my Sketer. Sucks, what should i do with the tires now. Cant use them.

IMG_20230401_143107.jpg

IMG_20230401_143057.jpg

IMG_20230401_143037.jpg

I ordered some on Ali and they do it just fine. My Radix6 and Sketer are equipped with them.
Thanks. I found these. A bit expensive but they look solid
https://www.mmm-germany.com/shop/universal/

Only need some extra pins to hold them i recon. Or a rubber band or something to cover the pins

IMG_20230402_113133.jpg

Oke front bumper mounted. The plate needed some extra holes to fit it in de chassis plate but is say, look good

Attachments

• IMG_20230402_111706.jpg
    IMG_20230402_111706.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230402_112749.jpg
    IMG_20230402_112749.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20230402_112806.jpg
    IMG_20230402_112806.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230402_113056.jpg
    IMG_20230402_113056.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 63
First dilemma, where should i run the sensor wire? Over the brace or under where the on/off switch is. If i run it underneath, tie wraps will be needed otherwise it rubs against the drive shaft. Cable is really tight against the bracing and i am not gonna turn the Esc around.

Update; had to turn it around. Problem solved. Wires running over the bracing

View attachment 3746
I really wish Hobbywing had designed the new ESC with all the wires coming out of one side, it would make installs so much easier..!!;)

Can't believe the Proline 2.8's don't fit o_Oo_Oo_O do they fit any of the Corally's ????

I really wish Hobbywing had designed the new ESC with all the wires coming out of one side, it would make installs so much easier..!!;)

Can't believe the Proline 2.8's don't fit o_Oo_Oo_O do they fit any of the Corally's ????
I don't know. They wont fit the Sketer also. Ordered some 15mm hex extenders for the Asuga. They will arrive 2day. Will try to put them on 2day. Hope the proline's fit then 🤞

Back