Muraco Steering Servo Problem, please help!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuzz

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Muraco
Hey, I have a Muraco 6s. Took it out yesterday, walked it across a field whilst driving it. Put the control down, while taking my back off my back I heard the servo motor, looked at the car and the servo had gone fully to one side. Steering barely centred it. Switched it off and on, Reset the esc, re-bound the controller… The car doesn't really steer and took the whole width of a football field to turn around. Speed/brake is ok. Took the receiver out and the servo, the servo is juddering and only turning about 10º max.

I've swapped the leads in the receiver round so the steering operates the throttle and throttle operates the steering BUT the wheels don't turn/motor doesn't operate when I turn the steering wheel, although the servo tries to turn with the throttle trigger, but still judders and has limited turning.

I've attached a video to show the servo having problems, oh sorry, can't attach the video 👎🏼. So:-

Is this an issue with the servo? Or the Receiver? Or the Radio? Or all 3?

Only had this a month and I'm not very technical and not good with electronics (maybe I chose the wrong hobby!? 😫)

Hey, I have a Muraco 6s. Took it out yesterday, walked it across a field whilst driving it. Put the control down, while taking my back off my back I heard the servo motor, looked at the car and the servo had gone fully to one side. Steering barely centred it. Switched it off and on, Reset the esc, re-bound the controller… The car doesn't really steer and took the whole width of a football field to turn around. Speed/brake is ok. Took the receiver out and the servo, the servo is juddering and only turning about 10º max.

I've swapped the leads in the receiver round so the steering operates the throttle and throttle operates the steering BUT the wheels don't turn/motor doesn't operate when I turn the steering wheel, although the servo tries to turn with the throttle trigger, but still judders and has limited turning.

I've attached a video to show the servo having problems, oh sorry, can't attach the video 👎🏼. So:-

Is this an issue with the servo? Or the Receiver? Or the Radio? Or all 3?

Only had this a month and I'm not very technical and not good with electronics (maybe I chose the wrong hobby!? 😫)
This is either a problem with that channel on the receiver or the servo is cooked. The servo may have cooked because the steering is not operating freely. Have you checked the steering by hand ie remove the servo horn from the steering servo and check for any binding in the hubs, steering and ackerman plate?

My guess (it's just a hunch) is that your servo is broken.

This is either a problem with that channel on the receiver or the servo is cooked. The servo may have cooked because the steering is not operating freely. Have you checked the steering by hand ie remove the servo horn from the steering servo and check for any binding in the hubs, steering and ackerman plate?

My guess (it's just a hunch) is that your servo is broken.
I checked the wheels turned freely, might start with a new servo and see if that works, oh to have many spares on hand.
Thank you for you help

Oder vielleicht Sevosaver-feder einstellen.

I don’t think it is the spring as I have disconnected it and it does the same. Ive ordered a couple of servos 🤞🏼
Your stock servo is most likely to have had 'magic smoke'.

Are you happy to set endpoints on your steering and throttle? That's an essential thing to do. You need to make sure the servo isn't trying to push/pull past the limits of the steering/throttle during operation. These end points will not have been set up for you out of the box (or if they have, it's unlikely it'll be right).

On the stock steering servo saver, the spring is weak - I highly recommend that you check out the thread here and how to remedy it. Check out Dani's recommended spring and what numerous members (including myself) now run with.

Here's the steering servo I use. Extremely good value for money.
IMG_20211216_142838.jpg

Your stock servo is most likely to have had 'magic smoke'.

Are you happy to set endpoints on your steering and throttle? That's an essential thing to do. You need to make sure the servo isn't trying to push/pull past the limits of the steering/throttle during operation. These end points will not have been set up for you out of the box (or if they have, it's unlikely it'll be right).

On the stock steering servo saver, the spring is weak - I highly recommend that you check out the thread here and how to remedy it. Check out Dani's recommended spring and what numerous members (including myself) now run with.

Here's the steering servo I use. Extremely good value for money.View attachment 3965
I’ve ordered couple of waterproof servos, a 20 and a 25 kg one. Not the same as this one but hopefully
good/better than stock.

What is magic smoke? I’ve had some in my time but doubt it’s the same as what has happened to my servo 😊

I will check out the spring (although I don’t fully understand the servo saver springs job).

I’ve never set end points, I’ve seen about them, take it it’s not just turning down the dual rate?

Thanks for advice, hopefully it is just the servo and I don’t need a new transmitter and receiver!

I’ve ordered couple of waterproof servos, a 20 and a 25 kg one. Not the same as this one but hopefully
good/better than stock.

What is magic smoke? I’ve had some in my time but doubt it’s the same as what has happened to my servo 😊

I will check out the spring (although I don’t fully understand the servo saver springs job).

I’ve never set end points, I’ve seen about them, take it it’s not just turning down the dual rate?

Thanks for advice, hopefully it is just the servo and I don’t need a new transmitter and receiver!
Magic smoke! 🤣 Erm, yeah not that kind of magic smoke!

Dual rates are handy for setting how responsive a model is. For example, you could set a rate on a child's buggy to only have 50% throttle, or on an RC plane you'd set rates for standard vs 3D flying.

End points are not that - end points set where the maximum movement the servo will make in each direction. This needs to be done regardless of whether you use dual rates.

For example, on a Nitro car with your throttle servo, you do not need any more servo movent once the carb is fully opened. So, you set the end point here - or risk repeatedly stalling the servo. Best scenario here is that it draws a lot of amps out of your battery. Worst case is 'poooff' - magic smoke - and a run away. Ditto for brakes. Ditto for steering.

Don't burn out your new servos - take a look at endpoints on your radio and I think that will solve your problem. 👍

Dual rates are handy for setting how responsive a model is. For example, you could set a rate on a child's buggy to only have 50% throttle, or on an RC plane you'd set rates for standard vs 3D flying.

End points are not that - end points set where the maximum movement the servo will make in each direction. This needs to be done regardless of whether you use dual rates.

For example, on a Nitro car with your throttle servo, you do not need any more servo movent once the carb is fully opened. So, you set the end point here - or risk repeatedly stalling the servo. Best scenario here is that it draws a lot of amps out of your battery. Worst case is 'poooff' - magic smoke - and a run away. Ditto for brakes. Ditto for steering.

Don't burn out your new servos - take a look at endpoints on your radio and I think that will solve your problem. 👍
Ok thanks. Once new spring and servos have arrived and I’ve fitted them will set them up 👍🏻
I’ve ordered 10 springs so should easily have 5 to sell/swap.
Loving the Muraco but want a wt of decent (belted) hard surface/tarmac/road tyres and maybe badlands (for dirt and grass).
Quite fancy a 1/10 buggy to take to some tracks if I can find some, would rather keep brand consistency so I get used to working on them. Do TC do any decent 1/10 buggies?

Hi Horatio,
I spoke to Modelsport. They have sent me a new servo under warranty! It arrived today, along with an aftermarket 20kg one, and I have a 25kg one should come tomorrow. Think I will fit the TC warranty one for now as it should keep me under warranty for a little while longer. Can't fault their service really! I plugged it in earlier and the servo worked normally, so looks like it was the servo. So will fit later and fit the new spring later/tomorrow too.
Then set up my endpoints! (Any links to youtube or web pages to do this would be most appreciated).
So, I have around 5 springs I can sell on. Is it best to put on ebay or start a new thread on this Forum do you think (or both)?.
Thanks to everyone for their help, can't wait to finally get back out with the Muraco. Just needs some decent off road/grass tyres now 😁

Hi Horatio,
I spoke to Modelsport. They have sent me a new servo under warranty! It arrived today, along with an aftermarket 20kg one, and I have a 25kg one should come tomorrow. Think I will fit the TC warranty one for now as it should keep me under warranty for a little while longer. Can't fault their service really! I plugged it in earlier and the servo worked normally, so looks like it was the servo. So will fit later and fit the new spring later/tomorrow too.
Then set up my endpoints! (Any links to youtube or web pages to do this would be most appreciated).
So, I have around 5 springs I can sell on. Is it best to put on ebay or start a new thread on this Forum do you think (or both)?.
Thanks to everyone for their help, can't wait to finally get back out with the Muraco. Just needs some decent off road/grass tyres now 😁
That's great news! Loads of videos on YouTube on how to set endpoints, but I highly recommend you do this BEFORE running the truck again. 👌

As for selling the springs - ebay is probably the safest way to sell them, provided you factor in the fees into your costings.

Angrysection8 needed some - send him a PM he might buy them all. 👍

That's great news! Loads of videos on YouTube on how to set endpoints, but I highly recommend you do this BEFORE running the truck again. 👌

As for selling the springs - ebay is probably the safest way to sell them, provided you factor in the fees into your costings.

Going to do it now, it’s all out back together. I do have some play in the servo saver, I don’t remember this before. Do I need to compress the spring more?

doing it now 👍🏻 it’s all back together. But I do seem to have some play in the saver, don’t remember it being this loose before, is this normal?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well @Horatio been out and put a 4s through the Muraco lunch time. Wow! Didn’t think I’d notice much difference but hell, it does seem to drive nice now!
Thanks for all the help and advice, I only found this TC forum by accident too…
I have a 25kg servo, would I notice much difference over the stock one do you think?
Might give it a 6s rip tomorrow 😁

Well @Horatio been out and put a 4s through the Muraco lunch time. Wow! Didn’t think I’d notice much difference but hell, it does seem to drive nice now!
Thanks for all the help and advice, I only found this TC forum by accident too…
I have a 25kg servo, would I notice much difference over the stock one do you think?
Might give it a 6s rip tomorrow 😁
This is great to hear!! I hope it helped. 👌😎

You'll notice a big difference since the torque from your current servo can actually reach the wheels through a much stronger servo saver spring.

However, the Corally supplied steering servo is rated at 25kg, so should work well provided it's not been fried. 😜

Once upon a time, I ran digital Hitech servos on my Savage with a whopping 13kg and 0.12sec transit time @ 6v. It was fine.

Arguably, with these brushless rigs putting out >4hp, with belted tyres etc, it's fair to say they need more torque just to deal with the heavier wheels and greater gyroscopic forces.

My AGF is 45kg - which seems like massive overkill - but it's fast, accurate and centers beautully whilst being super smooth and quiet. I swear down it's just like my Protek 170 SBL/TBL servos, which are near enough double the price.

Enjoy the 6S joy ride. Just manage that throttle and don't land on power. 💪😁

This is great to hear!! I hope it helped. 👌😎

You'll notice a big difference since the torque from your current servo can actually reach the wheels through a much stronger servo saver spring.

However, the Corally supplied steering servo is rated at 25kg, so should work well provided it's not been fried. 😜

Once upon a time, I ran digital Hitech servos on my Savage with a whopping 13kg and 0.12sec transit time @ 6v. It was fine.

Arguably, with these brushless rigs putting out >4hp, with belted tyres etc, it's fair to say they need more torque just to deal with the heavier wheels and greater gyroscopic forces.

My AGF is 45kg - which seems like massive overkill - but it's fast, accurate and centers beautully whilst being super smooth and quiet. I swear down it's just like my Protek 170 SBL/TBL servos, which are near enough double the price.

Enjoy the 6S joy ride. Just manage that throttle and don't land on power. 💪😁
That’s all very technical to me I’m afraid. Is that why it doesn’t centre perfectly, needs a bit more power?
I thought the standard servo was 20Kg. May as well send that one back rather than keep for a spare then 😁

That’s all very technical to me I’m afraid. Is that why it doesn’t centre perfectly, needs a bit more power?
I thought the standard servo was 20Kg. May as well send that one back rather than keep for a spare then 😁
Servos come in a variety of flavours. Size, material, digital, analogue, torque, speed, voltage handling, motor type, IP rating.

From an operational point of view, torque on servos is measured in kg/cm or ounce/inch. So from a set distance along a servo horn (1cm/1inch) the servo can hold however many kg's/ounces.

Transit time is measured in seconds over 60° of movement. This usually a fraction of a second, with fastest servos doing this in 0.06 sec. Anywhere between 0.06 - 0.10 would be fast. 0.10 - 0.13 is good and standard servos anywhere up to 0.24, which would be considered slow.

Some servos come in torque or speed versions. They are identical other than the gearing used. Trade off is less speed with torque versions and less torque with speed versions.

Quality high performance servos use hall effect sensors ('magnetic servos') to know where the output/horn is at. These are more accurate than standard potentiometers and less prone to wear.

Likewise, there are numerous advantages with brushless powered servos over brushed. There are also coreless servos which spool up quickly, but like brushed motors, can still wear out over time.

Your centering issues could be attributed to play in the steering, the size of the tyres, weak servo saver springs (not now you've changed yours!), under powered servo, or inaccurate/worn out servo potentiometer.

When you race and have to stay between the lanes, servo accuracy is just as important as torque and speed, which is why some people choose very expensive Futaba, Sanwa, KO, Hitec, Protek servos.

The market is flooded with a huge variety of cheap servos, with varying degrees of quality. For bashers, you just need it to work and take a beating really. Racers tend to stick with what they know works and pay the extra coin.

Your stock servo is this one, right?

Screenshot_20230519_105116.jpg

MENU

EuroRC.com
We're using cookies to serve you better - Read more
Language
Customer service
Create account
My account
GBP
Shipping to over 180 countries
Online since 2010
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Back to previous page Your location:
Varioprop - Digital Servo - CRHV-7225-MG - High Voltage - Core Motor - Metal Gear - 25 Kg Torque
Varioprop - Digital Servo - CRHV-7225-MG - High Voltage - Core Motor - Metal Gear - 25 Kg Torque

Tap or pinch to expand

Varioprop - Digital Servo - CRHV-7225-MG - High Voltage - Core Motor - Metal Gear - 25 Kg Torque C-52022​

2 reviews
Price£24.27AvailabilityTemporarily out of stock

Has the product or model you have been looking for run out of stock?​

If the product or model you have been looking for is out of stock, subscribe to availability notification.
Email
I'd like to subscribe to the newsletter
Subscribe to the availability notification

Team CorallyBrand Team CorallyProduct code C-52022
VAT 20%Availability 0 pcs
Best RC products
Express shipping options
Over 90% of our customers have recommended us to their friends
Hide
25kg Digital Servo

Specs:
  • Motor Type: DC Motor
  • Servo Technology: Digital Ultra High Voltage
  • Input Voltage (V): 6.0V - 8.4V
  • Weight (g): 63 g
  • Servo Type / Size: Standard
  • Length (mm): 40.5 mm
  • Gear Material: Metal Gears
  • Width (mm): 20.5 mm
  • Ball Beared: Ball Beared
  • Height (mm): 28.5 mm
  • Servo Case: Aluminium - Composite