Kronos XTR Shock shaft bending

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60wt oil. I screw the shock cap on with the shock full extended. Then i crack the cap loose, then slowly compress the shock to bleed it. Close cap, check for full range of motion binding and leaks
60wt oil is excessively heavy for off road use. 600cst is about 45wt oil - that's what the manual recommends for the front shocks on a Kronos. Perhaps using a lighter oil will help?

Well how do you do it? Im a "noob" i don't race and just play in my back yard. Just got back into this about 1.5 year ago. Last rc i had prior was a duratraxx overdrive back in 2002. Yes they get flopped and wrecked. But the common stuff does not break. Kronos is almost a year old on the stock arms, sketer is a few months old.
I know this was aimed at at Razor, but if I may be so bold - please see thisvimage:

Screenshot_20230512_022101_com.google.android.apps.docs_edit_64705735994813.jpg

You can't go wrong with this. People may have their own way of doing things, but ultimately what you want is oil, no air and the right amount of oil for the piston to be able to move all the way to the top of the shock body without locking out. Please note that this diagram clearly shows that with this shock design, it's not possible for the piston to hit the top of the shock - the nylon shock ball end meets the bottom of the shock before that can happen.

Last edited:
60wt oil is excessively heavy for off road use. 600cst is about 45wt oil - that's what the manual recommends for the front shocks on a Kronos. Perhaps using a lighter oil will help?

I know this was aimed at at Razor, but if I may be so bold - please see thisvimage:

View attachment 3953
You can't go wrong with this. People may have their own way of doing things, but ultimately what you want is oil, no air and the right amount of oil for the piston to be able to move all the way to the top of the shock body without locking out. Please note that this diagram clearly shows that with this shock design, it's not possible for the piston to hit the top of the shock - the nylon shock ball end meets the bottom of the shock before that can happen.
I'll be trying this method tomorrow on my Tekno shocks. Thanksđź‘Ť

Back