Kronos XTR Servo Recommendations...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
Getting things in order for a Kronos XTR as a winter project. I'm all set with a motor and esc but looking for servo recommendations. I'm not an extreme basher but do appreciate strong performance. Under $100 is ideal.

I run an EcoPower WP120T in my Sketer and have been super impressed. Strong enough for those big Kronos tires?

Powerhobby 729 MBL - $95 USD, brushless, steel gears, all aluminum case, 500 oz-in of torque and .100 sec at 7.4V, and waterproof IP67. I have three or four of them in both crawlers and bashers.

Honestly the new corally upgraded servo looks great. And less than 100 bucks
Yep...I don't think of Corally servos but the specs do look good on that one. $90 & free shipping from RCHobbyExplosion at the moment. That one's going on the list of finalists. Even though it won't make it faster, stronger or more reliable, the red case does look so good! Thanks for the suggestion.

I've stuck with Promodeler so far and they are great, but pricey!
A few days ago I ordered a 35Kg from Aliexpress for around €28, just to see how it compares to a servo that cosas 4 or 5 times more. So if you don't mind waiting for a month for it to arrive then you can try there.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004337670630.html

Getting things in order for a Kronos XTR as a winter project. I'm all set with a motor and esc but looking for servo recommendations. I'm not an extreme basher but do appreciate strong performance. Under $100 is ideal.

I run an EcoPower WP120T in my Sketer and have been super impressed. Strong enough for those big Kronos tires?
I run a AGFRC 40KG on my kronos xtr 2022 and it's a beast goes for $76.99

I run a AGFRC 40KG servo it's a beast and i had it since the 2022 xtr came out it goes for 76.99 🔥

A few days ago I ordered a 35Kg from Aliexpress for around €28, just to see how it compares to a servo that cosas 4 or 5 times more. So if you don't mind waiting for a month for it to arrive then you can try there.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but how did you end up finding this servo's performance?

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but how did you end up finding this servo's performance?
If you're asking about the cheap one I'll be honest, it's in a drawer, I haven't used it because the promodeler ones are so good that none of them have broken. But it looks good quality and well built.

I've used an EcoPower WP120T all spring and summer in the Kronos XTR. I'm not a crazy maniac of a basher, but I do have the servo saver cranked down nearly all the way. Has been a good value so far (I think I paid $70).

I also run one of these in my Sketer and that has held up for 2 full seasons without issue.

PXL_20230903_183457173.jpg

I am also looking for a new servo (to replace my second stock one in 6 months).
I just want to check that the Kronos can take a 38.5mm deep servo (the stock one is listed as 28.5mm)?

The 180° or 270° one?
Have you got it yet? I asked a model shop for a better servo for my Muraco, I was quite pleased, they could have sold me one but he didn’t and advised I look at the servo saver/spring - which I have already done. The stick servo is ok just not very fast.

The 180° or 270° one?
Have you got it yet? I asked a model shop for a better servo for my Muraco, I was quite pleased, they could have sold me one but he didn’t and advised I look at the servo saver/spring - which I have already done. The stick servo is ok just not very fast.
Yes, the servo saver spring is too soft for a rig of this size. We have a good thread on this forum that covers this topic with suggestions for a better spring.

Yes, the servo saver spring is too soft for a rig of this size. We have a good thread on this forum that covers this topic with suggestions for a better spring.
Yeah I’m in it 😄 I bought 10 and sold some.
Still have to crank it up tighter to notice a bigger difference.
My question is: is a 180° servo enough or would 270° give a bit more steering and be adjustable with end point adjustments? Or would the 270° give to much throw as the wheels won’t turn enough?

Yeah I’m in it 😄 I bought 10 and sold some.
Still have to crank it up tighter to notice a bigger difference.
My question is: is a 180° servo enough or would 270° give a bit more steering and be adjustable with end point adjustments? Or would the 270° give to much throw as the wheels won’t turn enough?
I bought the 180 one, but like I mentioned before, I haven't used it, it's on a drawer as a spare. But 180 should be more than enough, I've never seen a car that uses more than 90 each side.

Back